ADVERTISEMENT

Why would a person with functioning taste buds eat a White Castle?

Headhunter

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Stillwater, OK
Bought a box in the $1 bin at the grocery store. Thought what the hell give'm a try. They should of paid me a dollar to haul that crap out of the store.

What kind of meat is that, Alpo? That might be to high a grade.

I wouldn't feed my dog one of those monstrosities.

I’d be lying if I said I’ve never been wrecked and grab some White Castle. Would never eat sober though.

I can’t imagine anything bought in the frozen foods section of a Walmart would have very high expectations.

Now it’s been 20 years, but I used to love me some White Castle. Fresh and hot - they are delicious little gut bombs.

I think all fast food has really waned, because corporations have worked to be cheaper and that impacts quality. I remember how good Pizza Hut pizza was in my youth and it’s garbage now. Sonic (sorry @Renegade Bullet) is another place who’s food has dropped to barely edible.

I’d pay more for quality, but I think most people won’t. So you get crappier and crappier versions of things. Let’s face it, you can only cut costs so much, before you’re making some pretty significant decisions on quality.

Bought a box in the $1 bin at the grocery store. Thought what the hell give'm a try. They should of paid me a dollar to haul that crap out of the store.

What kind of meat is that, Alpo? That might be to high a grade.

I wouldn't feed my dog one of those monstrosities.

Agree I never got the steamed burger thing. I guess its a northeastern thing. The couple of times I tried them I thought they were horrible.

meh what's a $1. Could be worse, you could've gone and ordered a fresh burger from in/out. Now that is a ripoff.

Was in Cincy for a conference and myself and two coworkers destroyed a whole Crave Case drunk at 3 in the morning. The next day I had the worst case of bubble guts. To this day I can't remember a 24 hr period where I've farted more in my life.

iu

Was in Cincy for a conference and myself and two coworkers destroyed a whole Crave Case drunk at 3 in the morning. The next day I had the worst case of bubble guts. To this day I can't remember a 24 hr period where I've farted more in my life.

iu
So was there a downside?

• Haha
Reactions: nathajw
I've never had white castle.

In and Out... , imo, great burgers...really great burgers, actually. Terrible fries. I know they pride themselves on that... "fresh cut" and all that, which I'm sure is true... but give me Mickey D's fries everyday, all day.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I've never had white castle.

In and Out... , imo, great burgers...really great burgers, actually. Terrible fries. I know they pride themselves on that... "fresh cut" and all that, which I'm sure is true... but give me Mickey D's fries everyday, all day.
McDonald’s actually has a special process when they cut and freeze the fries so they taste the way they do. I can’t remember it all now but remember reading about it a long time ago.

I can’t imagine anything bought in the frozen foods section of a Walmart would have very high expectations.

Now it’s been 20 years, but I used to love me some White Castle. Fresh and hot - they are delicious little gut bombs.

I think all fast food has really waned, because corporations have worked to be cheaper and that impacts quality. I remember how good Pizza Hut pizza was in my youth and it’s garbage now. Sonic (sorry @Renegade Bullet) is another place who’s food has dropped to barely edible.

I’d pay more for quality, but I think most people won’t. So you get crappier and crappier versions of things. Let’s face it, you can only cut costs so much, before you’re making some pretty significant decisions on quality.
Investors got into the fast food franchise game and you see the results

Reactions: Cowguy
I have my own little Harold and Kumar go to White Castle tradition. We have a annual meeting in Chicago. We always fly to Midway. On Sunday when flying back to OKC I always make a trip to White Castle before getting on the plane. It’s about a 20 minute walk down Cicero. This is always the last weekend in July so it’s usually hotter than hell. (Probably not the best part of town) My wife went the first couple of times but now I have to go by myself. Only time I’m in the area of a White Castle for the most part.

Ive bought the frozen stuff at the grocery store. Doesn’t come close to the real thing fresh. I could only imagine what it would taste like in the restaurant hot of the grill at 2 AM after a night of beverages.

Reactions: nathajw
Ive bought the frozen stuff at the grocery store. Doesn’t come close to the real thing fresh. I could only imagine what it would taste like in the restaurant hot of the grill at 2 AM after a night of beverages.

As a Burger Shack employee for the past three years, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that if you're craving White Castle, the burgers here just don't cut it. In fact, just thinking about those tender little White Castle burgers with those little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in your mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one, just makes me want to burn this mother****er down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this mother****er down! Come on, Pookie! Let's burn it, Pookie! Let's burn this mother****er down

Because fresh White Castle is phucking amazing you mongaloid!!! (Jk ;-) and I know this is an old thread lol)

Reactions: docosu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT