ADVERTISEMENT

Why Is The FBI Investigating The Theft Of A Diary?

Talking points, so far:
1. The diary is fake.
2. The diary was stolen.
3. Perfectly normal for the FBI to investigate the theft of a fake diary.

Upcoming:
4. Russia Russia Putin Trump Russia Nazi
5. Perfectly normal for grown men to shower with children - look at all the good that Jerry Sandusky did for the kids.
6. Asking questions is unpatriotic.

Is it? Do you know who opened the investigation in October of 2020?

Did Barr order the predawn raid on a journalist that is known to expose the corruption of the left? No he didn't, that would have been the leftist in the DOJ better known as Merrick Garland. Garland is required to have signed off on any raid of a journalist. Strange that Garland went against his own policy that he put in place back in June saying he the DOJ and FBI would protect the First Amendment. I guess he meant just left wing journalist,

Last edited:
Did Barr order the predawn raid on a journalist that is known to expose the corruption of the left? No he didn't, that would have been the leftist in the DOJ better known as Merrick Garland. Garland is required to have signed off on any raid of a journalist. Strange that Garland went against his own policy that he put in place back in June saying he the DOJ and FBI would protect the First Amendment. I guess he meant just left wing journalist,

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Wasn't it a grand jury that approved those search warrants?

Wasn't it a grand jury that approved those search warrants?

If they did they should all be put in prison, along with the prosecuting attorneys that presented the case. I do find it interesting that you jump through hoops to defend the left but when it comes to those n the right a mere anonymous source, which we now know was nothing but lies, is good enough for you to support impeaching a President. Fact of the matter it's Democrats abusing the power of government, the justice system and our law enforcement agencies in an effort to silence their opposition. You support that abuse of power provided it's the left abusing the power.
By the way Merrick Garland would have been required to sign on on any warrant on a journalist but I'm sure you don't want to think about that little tidbit of information.
Heck look at treatment of the January 6th protesters that have been arrested are going through while in confinement. Democrats cry about the treatment of terrorist who have killed Americans in Gitmo but treat our own citizens far worse.

If they did they should all be put in prison, along with the prosecuting attorneys that presented the case. I do find it interesting that you jump through hoops to defend the left but when it comes to those n the right a mere anonymous source, which we now know was nothing but lies, is good enough for you to support impeaching a President. Fact of the matter it's Democrats abusing the power of government, the justice system and our law enforcement agencies in an effort to silence their opposition. You support that abuse of power provided it's the left abusing the power.
By the way Merrick Garland would have been required to sign on on any warrant on a journalist but I'm sure you don't want to think about that little tidbit of information.
Heck look at treatment of the January 6th protesters that have been arrested are going through while in confinement. Democrats cry about the treatment of terrorist who have killed Americans in Gitmo but treat our own citizens far worse.
Who was silenced?

Strange. Why was the DOJ, FBI and other law enforcement agencies sic on those that stole Trump's tax returns. Of that's right a Republican was in charge at the time and didn't want to be seen as abusing the power of government.
Another issue is whether the Dairy was stolen or was it abandoned and found. As that question has not been answered the law does not apply.
Why were those that stole the infamous Pentagon Papers not treated in the same manner? Why were those that revealed secret government documents not treated in the same manner? Of that's different right?

Not really. Just wondering how you went from "the media is the enemy of the people" to white knighting for James O'Keefe.

I'll give you this, y'all are entertaining.

The MSM is the enemy of the people as proven by their insistent promotion of the lies and propaganda of Russian Collusion. The fact you support that puts you in the same category.

I support any honest journalist and media outlet that work to tell the truth. All of those outlets you leftist tried to demean during the Russian collusion propaganda campaign were telling the truth. As a result they have far more credibility than any of the MSM outlets.

Last edited:
Not really. Just wondering how you went from "the media is the enemy of the people" to white knighting for James O'Keefe.

I'll give you this, y'all are entertaining.
FBJWTRpX0AErN4P

Strange. Why was the DOJ, FBI and other law enforcement agencies sic on those that stole Trump's tax returns. Of that's right a Republican was in charge at the time and didn't want to be seen as abusing the power of government.
Mary Trump obtained the tax returns legally via her lawsuit alleging that Donnie stole her inheritance. So then... who stole what again?
Another issue is whether the Dairy was stolen or was it abandoned and found. As that question has not been answered the law does not apply.
The Dairy? Oh you mean diary - yeah ostensibly that is what the investigation is about. Kinda sounds like it might have been. I suppose the Grand Jury heard sufficient evidence to approve the search warrants. I would probably give them the benefit of the doubt on that point.
Why were those that stole the infamous Pentagon Papers not treated in the same manner? Why were those that revealed secret government documents not treated in the same manner? Of that's different right?
Ellsberg was absolutely under active investigation - it ended up being dropped in part because he wasn't out shopping the docs to the highest bidder. Also, were the Pentagon Papers private property? I guess you are right - that would be different.

The MSM is the enemy of the people as proven by their insistent promotion of the lies and propaganda of Russian Collusion. The fact you support that puts you in the same category.

I support any honest journalist and media outlet that work to tell the truth. All of those outlets you leftist tried to demean during the Russian collusion propaganda campaign were telling the truth. As a result they have far more credibility than any of the MSM outlets.
So you are saying that O'Keefe and Project Veritas are an "honest journalist and media outlet"?

If so, why would someone within their organization scan and leak the diary to another media outlet? They claim they couldn't sufficiently verify the authenticity of the diary.

@davidallen What is the value of the property in question? How much did the diary cost? $10? Maybe $25? I had the feds refuse to take interstate fraud cases in which the loss was well into six figures because it just wasn’t worth their time. That’s what gets me about this. The FBI has so much of their manpower invested in homeland security that they can’t take real criminal cases, yet they have time to do this sort of thing.

I just dislike them anymore.

@davidallen What is the value of the property in question? How much did the diary cost? $10? Maybe $25? I had the feds refuse to take interstate fraud cases in which the loss was well into six figures because it just wasn’t worth their time. That’s what gets me about this. The FBI has so much of their manpower invested in homeland security that they can’t take real criminal cases, yet they have time to do this sort of thing.

That likely was established by the negotiations between the person who held it and the various outlets considering publishing its contents. I am sure that Barr took into account all the rhetoric about election interference in making his determination to open an investigation.

Reactions: wyomingosualum

Don't forget that so much of their time is invested in doing their Homeland Security poorly. If they did their job well this may have some white knighting I could do, but they insist on screwing everything up. I call this the Hollywood effect. The FBI has bought so much into the Hollywood version of themselves, they cant get anything right. Not only that, the people who want to join the FBI have watched years of FBI stories that are completely untrue, and when they make it to the FBI dreamland they are disappointed. No one likes their dreams to become nightmares, but that is the FBI.

So no one was silenced?

You don't see the FBI showing up in a predawn raid over some nick knack BS as an effort to silence and intimidate a well known conservative media voice? Confiscating a journalists phones to gain access to sources, donors and other confidential information should concern us all but not you, you support the government abusing it's power as long as it is a conservative being targeted.

Don't forget that so much of their time is invested in doing their Homeland Security poorly. If they did their job well this may have some white knighting I could do, but they insist on screwing everything up. I call this the Hollywood effect. The FBI has bought so much into the Hollywood version of themselves, they cant get anything right. Not only that, the people who want to join the FBI have watched years of FBI stories that are completely untrue, and when they make it to the FBI dreamland they are disappointed. No one likes their dreams to become nightmares, but that is the FBI.
I had a former coworker who went to the Air Marshals right after 9-11. He was too old for the FBI. But once he was an Air Marshal for a couple of years, he laterally moved over to the FBI with no problem (stupid already, right?).

A couple more years go by and I asked him how he was liking it. He said it was OK. When they want to arrest somebody, they get together a team of like 8-10 people, have a 2 hour meeting about what they’re going to do, then they go do it. Then they have another meeting about what they did. Whereas, when he was a street cop, he would have just walked up to the guy and arrested him, no big deal.

Sounds about right.

Efrem_Zimbalist,_Jr._Lewis_Erskine_The_FBI.JPG

The best example of what I was saying. Zimbalist was a friend of Hoover's. Hoover even pushed for agents to model off of him. Hollywood pushing the FBI or the reverse, hard to say. Hoover liked the show not because of the accuracy but for how it portrayed the FBI in a good light. It was easy propaganda for him. Oddly enough FBI Director Robert Mueller honored Zimbalist with a plaque for his FBI role. You can start making the connections from there.

The best example of what I was saying. Zimbalist was a friend of Hoover's. Hoover even pushed for agents to model off of him. Hollywood pushing the FBI or the reverse, hard to say. Hoover liked the show not because of the accuracy but for how it portrayed the FBI in a good light. It was easy propaganda for him. Oddly enough FBI Director Robert Mueller honored Zimbalist with a plaque for his FBI role. You can start making the connections from there.
100%. Also the more modern shows like Blacklist and Blindspot look like propaganda media for the FBI, as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT