ADVERTISEMENT

Why I quit donating to the Trump campaign last Spring. And never will again.

22LR

Heisman Candidate
Dec 1, 2015
It isn't the Trump campaign I'm pissed at. I love my president. It's all the other 1,000 relentless P.O.S. Republican campaigns from coast to coast that bombard me with phone calls and texts that I never respond to. Sure, typing "STOP" might get me off of THAT phone number, but there are ten million other phone numbers they will use.

So to you people running these campaigns... burn in hell. You really f'd up the ability to donate to a single campaign that I strongly believe in.

It isn't the Trump campaign I'm pissed at. I love my president. It's all the other 1,000 relentless P.O.S. Republican campaigns from coast to coast that bombard me with phone calls and texts that I never respond to. Sure, typing "STOP" might get me off of THAT phone number, but there are ten million other phone numbers they will use.

So to you people running these campaigns... burn in hell. You really f'd up the ability to donate to a single campaign that I strongly believe in.
I get that.
Had the same with SiriusXM and NRA.
They take any original goodwill you had and just take a dump on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1 and 22LR
My parents donated at some time in the past. Now the email inbox gets filled daily with the same trolling emails (same words, style, format, etc.) from each candidate running.

You unsubscribe and they continue. You call it junk and they continue. They just change the name of the sender and resend.

Hence the reason I never donate to any politician...on much else. Want my money---stop selling my email.

To be fair, this is true of almost all charitable actions.
I know. It's a revenue stream and those buying the lists are looking for people who have donated in the hopes of getting them to donate to their cause.

I've tried all morning to contact anyone on the local, state or national level to speak with about getting removed from their continuous email barrage. Nobody will answer their phones. You can only leave a message. However, in the fine print, it says if you want to leave a message via email or phone, by doing so, you give them permission to email, text or call you at any time.

I've tried all morning to contact anyone on the local, state or national level to speak with about getting removed from their continuous email barrage. Nobody will answer their phones. You can only leave a message. However, in the fine print, it says if you want to leave a message via email or phone, by doing so, you give them permission to email, text or call you at any time.
Therein is the overall pisser.
Every advantage goes to them.

I haven't donated but am getting about 8 mailings a week and about 2 emails a day. So, I'm not sure that it is necessarily because of making a donation.

Not 100% its because someone has donated to them before. I get them all the time from Democrat Candidates and I have never given a Democrat one cent.
Odd that I haven't gotten any lately but did get this in a text a few days ago.

"Good Day,would you allow BUD LIGHT DRINK to put a small decal or sticker on your car/truck and get 500 weekly? for more information about the promo hit the https://budlightdrinks2440.wixsite.com/website we will reply you back immediately, Thanks."

Reactions: iasooner1
The mail I’ve gotten from the RNC & the Trump campaign, they’ve probably spent more in stamps than I’ve given.

I easily get at least 6 texts per day. It's been a while for Don, JR.

I get mail from McSally, the guy running against Maxine, and many black candidates I've never heard of. I sometimes wonder if my ethnicity is involved. For the first time, I checked 3 races on my census form. I've always checked "white." This year I was instructed to "check all that apply."

Reactions: iasooner1

And how much have you contributed?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT