ADVERTISEMENT

Why have vaccine concerns?

aix_xpert

Heisman Winner
Sep 5, 2001

This is just the AZ shot which isn't offered in the US but it went through very similar trials and investigations that the US drugs did. The article is very clear to note that the risk is less than the benefit of the shot itself, but honestly, if you are under 50 (or God forbid, even younger) how can someone tell me that a vaccine that can cause blood clots (even rarely) is worth the risk to treat a disease that has a .02% mortality rate for healthy individuals under 50.

This is just the AZ shot which isn't offered in the US but it went through very similar trials and investigations that the US drugs did. The article is very clear to note that the risk is less than the benefit of the shot itself, but honestly, if you are under 50 (or God forbid, even younger) how can someone tell me that a vaccine that can cause blood clots (even rarely) is worth the risk to treat a disease that has a .02% mortality rate for healthy individuals under 50.
If it causes blood clots in 1/100,000?

If it causes blood clots in 1/100,000?

Thats simply one potential side-effect of the vaccine. We still have no long term studies of it. Why take a vaccine for a virus that has a very similar percent chance of killing me. In NYC (where I found some stats), less than 1% of the fatalities for those under 45 (annoying that every health org uses different age groupings for no apparent reason other than to obfuscate the actual statistics) did not have pre-existing conditions. If you apply their own numbers (see stats below) and their reported .2% death rate with the 1% no pre-existing condition clause and you've achieved a death rate of Covid of 1/50,000 for those under 45 with no pre-existing conditions. Seems strange to sign-up for a 1/100,000 + unknown variables just to solve a 1/50,000 risk.

Thats simply one potential side-effect of the vaccine. We still have no long term studies of it. Why take a vaccine for a virus that has a very similar percent chance of killing me. In NYC (where I found some stats), less than 1% of the fatalities for those under 45 (annoying that every health org uses different age groupings for no apparent reason other than to obfuscate the actual statistics) did not have pre-existing conditions. If you apply their own numbers (see stats below) and their reported .2% death rate with the 1% no pre-existing condition clause and you've achieved a death rate of Covid of 1/50,000 for those under 45 with no pre-existing conditions. Seems strange to sign-up for a 1/100,000 + unknown variables just to solve a 1/50,000 risk.

Do you know the long term unknown variable for COVID? Do you know anyone over 45 or with pre-existing conditions?

Do you know the long term unknown variable for COVID? Do you know anyone over 45 or with pre-existing conditions?
The second isn't relevant to me. I'm not speaking about anyone else getting the vaccine nor do I support any initiative that requires me to accept increased personal risk in order to reduce someone elses. As for knowing someone not in my category, yes. My wife got her second shot today in fact. But she's in a different risk group than I am. The first question is slightly more relevant, but I don't live in fear of dying from a 1/50,000 occurrence, nor do I panic and fear on the slightly greater possibility of getting something that lingers but is less than death. At the end of the day, choosing to risk getting the disease or not getting the disease is a personal choice (as vaccinations have always been). Even the measles vaccination isn't mandatory. If it was, there wouldn't be anti-vaxxers pre-2020.

The second isn't relevant to me. I'm not speaking about anyone else getting the vaccine nor do I support any initiative that requires me to accept increased personal risk in order to reduce someone elses.
Yeah why would you think of anyone but yourself.
As for knowing someone not in my category, yes. My wife got her second shot today in fact. But she's in a different risk group than I am. The first question is slightly more relevant, but I don't live in fear of dying from a 1/50,000 occurrence, nor do I panic and fear on the slightly greater possibility of getting something that lingers but is less than death.
Yet you are concerned about the long term unknown effects of the vaccine, and the blot clot risk of a vaccine that isn't available in the US? Sounds like someone is just afraid of needles.

Why are you so concerned about people who don’t want the vaccine giving COVID to people who don’t want the vaccine? Let us all die with COVID.

Reactions: osuintx
They call this "freedom". And its not that I'm not concerned about anyone else. I'll happily compare my charitable activity and donation list to yours anytime you'd like. But freedom means I get to CHOOSE how I think of others and whom I want to help.

They call this "freedom". And its not that I'm not concerned about anyone else. I'll happily compare my charitable activity and donation list to yours anytime you'd like. But freedom means I get to CHOOSE how I think of others I and whom I want to help.
I don't think anyone accused you of not having freedom. Free people are often self-centered (and scared of needles)

Why are you so concerned about people who don’t want the vaccine giving COVID to people who don’t want the vaccine? Let us all die with COVID.
Each one of you is a virus mutation factory.

I don't think anyone accused you of not having freedom. Free people are often self-centered (and scared of needles)

Where do you get this scared of needles crap? I don't care about needles. I do know that drug companies aren't perfect and after watching my brother (RIP) get HIV thanks to a blood transfusion done at a hospital following his knee surgery, I'm leary about anything experimental and drug treatments less than a year old are experimental in my book.

Btw, I see you dodged the charity challenge. Guess your words don't measure up to your actions. So you had to pivot to some "scared of needles bullshit".

Btw, I see you dodged the charity challenge. Guess your words don't measure up to your actions. So you had to pivot to some "scared of needles bullshit".
I have given over 2 billion dollars to my prefered charities which are the Clinton Foundation, The Bill Gates Eugenics Fund, The Margaret Sanger Fund, The Von Mises Institute, The Human Fund, The Pilt Family Foundation (a tax dodge to give my kids money), and my local Church of Christ to send missionaries to convert godless Catholics in Latin America. What do you have?

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
Where do you get this scared of needles crap? I don't care about needles. I do know that drug companies aren't perfect and after watching my brother (RIP) get HIV thanks to a blood transfusion done at a hospital following his knee surgery, I'm leary about anything experimental and drug treatments less than a year old are experimental in my book.
Maybe you are just self centered with availability bias then.

I have given over 2 billion dollars to my prefered charities which are the Clinton Foundation, The Bill Gates Eugenics Fund, The Margaret Sanger Fund, The Von Mises Institute, The Human Fund, The Pilt Family Foundation (a tax dodge to give my kids money), and my local Church of Christ to send missionaries to convert godless Catholics in Latin America. What do you have?

Shoot. I do 2B per day. Fake ass liberal. Dont bother replying I wont see it. Im done with loons like yourself.

Shoot. I do 2B per day. Fake ass liberal. Dont bother replying I wont see it. Im done with loons like yourself.
Oh wow richie rich has more money than me. Congrats. I bet your donations aren't as impactful as mine though. Oh I left off I endowed Bevo's cost, and the Aggie cheerleaders laundry bill.

Oh wow richie rich has more money than me. Congrats. I bet your donations aren't as impactful as mine though. Oh I left off I endowed Bevo's cost, and the Aggie cheerleaders laundry bill.
Can’t speak to your other donations, but you had me at the Mises Institute!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT