ADVERTISEMENT

Why do you tolerate this?

A legacy is teaching your kids how to do and live well not handing them your leftover bounty.

"Daddy left me a trust fund I don't need to work" is the ultimate participation trophy.

ccp dave says

farms and ranches and other businesses kids grew up working in who’s families sacrificed to grow

are of the collective

all because he can’t raise kids with work ethic in his everybody gets a trophy world he admits he wants the gubmit to do it for him via wealth redistribution

that’s the self fulfilling world these people want you to live in

otardcare wealth redistribution was just a start for these commies

It's almost like you don't understand the difference between charitable giving and funding essential services...

Oh and for the umptempth time I pay a modest premium for entirely renewable energy.

You go right on ahead and pout all you want, I will enjoy 340 miles of range in a 1000+ hp car with a 0-60 at 2.5s and 1/4 mile under 10.
Essential services??? Get the **** out of here with that shit.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Lol...ok bruh. Lemme tell you, if I’m Jeff Bezos I’m not stopping at $10 million.

And 10% of $100 billion is $100 million. Those poor Bezos!
So basically, you’re saying, “tax his ass, he can afford it!!!!” a/k/a “from each according to his abilities....”.

You suffer from a bad case of ignorance and class envy. You’re under the false impression that “passive income” is money that just falls randomly from the sky.

Last edited:
Because some of us that make over 100,000 pay enough already. Not just Federal but State and Local as well. Every year its less and less going in our pocket because this tax is raised or that tax is raised. People are taxed enough as it is and it will just keep going up and up. If you want to pay more in taxes then do it. If they won't take more than you owe lie on your taxes and cheat the IRS, they will adjust it and fine you for lying about your income. That way you get to pay more and you can feel all warm and fuzzy inside thinking it will help some black family but it won't. The Government will just waste it like they do everyone elses money.
You would be better off donating to help rebuild the businesses the Communists destroyed in Portland or buying a Black Family a Home in your all White Neighborhood.
I had you tagged as one of those “I want my free stuff” kinda guys.

• Haha
Reactions: OUSOONER67
So basically, you’re saying, “tax his ass, he can afford it!!!!” a/k/a “from each according to his abilities....”.

You suffer from a bad case of ignorance and class envy. You’re under the false impression that “passive income” is money that just falls randomly from the sky.
Class envy? That is rich.... or at least upper middle.

Gimme, gimme, gimme. Always amazing how generous some people are .........of other people’s money.

BTW, interesting math.
I just want to make sure I understand your position. You think Jeff Bezos, who enjoys a disproportionate benefit from the legal, social, and infrastructure benefits provided by society, should not pay even an equivalent share for those benefits than yourself, @squeak, et al? Do I have that right?

Reactions: squeak
I usually stay out of most of this, but there is no such thing as clean renewable energy. Windmill and solar panel production cost and efficiency aren't so good and those blades on the windmills are not friendly to the environment. Furthermore, you have to use fossil fuels to obtain the raw materials. Nuclear and hydro is pretty good given the lifetime of the structures, but concrete use is immense, unfortunately concrete is one of the worst offenders for CO2 production. There are more pollutants produce to make a Tesla than will every be saved by driving one. Not to mention the finite amount of rare earth metals used in batteries. Also, IDK if you have noticed there is a developing copper shortage. There is as much copper used for a Tesla as in the average house.

David: look at this data - when you include unrealized capital gains these folks are paying peanuts...
Dan: Cato says David is lying, that propublica is including unrealized capital gains...

Low discernment Danny strikes again.
David: look at this data - when you include unrealized capital gains these people are paying peanuts.

CATO: including unrealized capital gains is a corrupt way to cook the books to make things look one way when in fact that’s not the truth of the matter.

Low discernment David strikes again.

Last edited:
disproportionate benefit from the legal, social, and infrastructure benefits provided by society, should not pay even an equivalent share for those
Equivalent? What does that mean here? Unrealized paper wealth requires more public resources than realized income? Not sure what the logic is here.

Also, are you talking about Amazon or Bezos? Does Amazon pay taxes (income, sales, GST, VAT, fuel, payroll, etc. taxes)?

I usually stay out of most of this, but there is no such thing as clean renewable energy. Windmill and solar panel production cost and efficiency aren't so good and those blades on the windmills are not friendly to the environment. Furthermore, you have to use fossil fuels to obtain the raw materials. Nuclear and hydro is pretty good given the lifetime of the structures, but concrete use is immense, unfortunately concrete is one of the worst offenders for CO2 production. There are more pollutants produce to make a Tesla than will every be saved by driving one. Not to mention the finite amount of rare earth metals used in batteries. Also, IDK if you have noticed there is a developing copper shortage. There is as much copper used for a Tesla as in the average house.

silly man, don’t you know dave pays a premium to have trees planted in his name so it’s all good.

Would you feel better if we used "cleaner"?

The assertion regarding Tesla's lifecycle impact has been refuted by several researchers. Take a look at this study as one example. If you have a recent one that you could point me to, I would be grateful as I am genuinely interested in staying current on this topic.

REMs are absolutely a component in an EV. They are also used in ICE production. And in the refining process. And in your phone. There is some good evidence that we are moving away from some of the more difficult/polluting components in EV architectures including a steady reduction in Lithium salts required for the battery packs.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Equivalent? What does that mean here? Unrealized paper wealth requires more public resources than realized income? Not sure what the logic is here.

Also, are you talking about Amazon or Bezos? Does Amazon pay taxes (income, sales, GST, VAT, fuel, payroll, etc. taxes)?
I'm talking about Jeff Bezos, the private citizen, who has the ability to direct his compensation and chooses to take the vast majority carried interest style thereby deferring and reducing his tax liability. The same Jeff Bezos who enjoys the protection of our courts as an example which he gets at a bargain price when looked at from the perspective of treasure protected vs. cost to protect relative to the rest of us.

silly man, don’t you know dave pays a premium to have trees planted in his name so it’s all good.
As it relates to my electric consumption it is entirely renewable (hydro predominantly, but also solar and wind). Here are the details including information on the external auditing agency that validates that indeed my consumption is covered by 100% renewable sources.

your renewables come from a little man who sits atop an oafs pig farm

orange man bad

I'm talking about Jeff Bezos, the private citizen, who has the ability to direct his compensation and chooses to take the vast majority carried interest style thereby deferring and reducing his tax liability. The same Jeff Bezos who enjoys the protection of our courts as an example which he gets at a bargain price when looked at from the perspective of treasure protected vs. cost to protect relative to the rest of us.
Ok. What does taxing everyone's unrealized gain have anything to do with this?

(Carried interest style? Umm... What? Bezos? Is he a fund sponsor now? Or you just throwing out some scary buzzwords?)

As it relates to my electric consumption it is entirely renewable (hydro predominantly, but also solar and wind). Here are the details including information on the external auditing agency that validates that indeed my consumption is covered by 100% renewable sources.
Lol. No. Unless you built a transmission line from the dam to your house, you are using a mix. You just choose to pay more to make a slight shift toward renewables on the PGE grid.

Lol. No. Unless you built a transmission line from the dam to your house, you are using a mix. You just choose to pay more to make a slight shift toward renewables on the PGE grid.
Oh I do understand how the grid works. What I have said in the past is that I pay a premium to ensure that what I consume is offset on the other end by renewable sources. PGE certifies each year that they purchased renewable energy in excess of what was consumed by the subset of customers on their renewable plan. The shift has not been slight - thankfully renewables are plentiful in this part of the world.

Oh I do understand how the grid works. What I have said in the past is that I pay a premium to ensure that what I consume is offset on the other end by renewable sources. PGE certifies each year that they purchased renewable energy in excess of what was consumed by the subset of customers on their renewable plan. The shift has not been slight - thankfully renewables are plentiful in this part of the world.
Thanks. Just wasn't sure if you really believed your "electric consumption it is entirely renewable". I was saying your extra $6 is slight.

Thanks. Just wasn't sure if you really believed your "electric consumption it is entirely renewable". I was saying your extra $6 is slight.
Yeah, the extra $6 usually breaks the daves of the world. Of course that can be extrapolated across the income spectrum because, ya know, man-made global cooling global warming climate change. Following the money tells the entire story...

Reactions: iasooner2000
The only reason you should ever look into someone else’s bowl is to make sure that they have enough

don’t despise the rich for being rich or look down on the poor for being poor and you will get along just fine

The overall uptake has caused PGE to periodically mark the program sold out. Your point is well made, renewables are close enough to the cost of carbon-based generation it is a no-brainer.

Our overall kwhs are closer to Al Gore than would like to admit.

I just want to make sure I understand your position. You think Jeff Bezos, who enjoys a disproportionate benefit from the legal, social, and infrastructure benefits provided by society, should not pay even an equivalent share for those benefits than yourself, @squeak, et al? Do I have that right?
I’d add that if we want tech to allow the right to have more of a say than what they have now, take their money.

Well first, I wouldn’t take any advice from anyone that thinks 10% of $100 billion is $100 million. That is Brian Williams level math.

Second, taxing unrealized income is beyond silly. The propublica article is beyond laughable. If you really don’t think the rich pay a disproportionate share of income taxes then you are simply blind to facts. The top 1% pay 40% of all income tax revenues collected. They also pay on average 27% of taxes on their income which is 6x times higher than the bottom 50%, who pay 4%.

So come again with enjoy a disproportionate benefit while not pay an equivalent share?? I hope you realize you got that completely flip-flopped.

If you have to pay tax on unrealized gain, do you get a rebate for unrealized loss? And if you pay tax on unrealized gain in Year 1, what happens if the stock goes down in Year 2? Do you get some of that Year 1 tax back? If this sort of dumbfvckery ever gets passed, the act needs to be called the “CPA Income Security Act”. Because they would be the biggest beneficiaries of this idiocy.

Reactions: iasooner2000
If you have to pay tax on unrealized gain, do you get a rebate for unrealized loss? And if you pay tax on unrealized gain in Year 1, what happens if the stock goes down in Year 2? Do you get some of that Year 1 tax back? If this sort of dumbfvckery ever gets passed, the act needs to be called the “CPA Income Security Act”. Because they would be the biggest beneficiaries of this idiocy.
Can you imagine the hit the markets would take? Liberals enjoy the tax free paper gains as much as anybody. Nobody is going to take away the compounding benefit. It’s a red herring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT