ADVERTISEMENT

Who Does Biden Select As His Running Mate?

No, I’m not being inconsistent. I do not think he will be the nominee, and I bet you and others over that assertion. But if I’m wrong and he is the nominee I believe he will name the person he’s told to name.
Yep, he'll write it on his hand with a Sharpie, along with the other Cliff notes the DNC elders instruct him to do. Senility...

Reactions: iasooner1
Mark Levin has declared Joe the Senate's stupidest. Shouting to the world he'll name a woman of color proves Mr. Levin right.

Somehow my pick and hope is Kamala. Her disdain for minorities is a plus for Trump.
Isn't Kamala a fake black woman?
She's pure Indian, like Bombay?
I struggle to keep up.

Did Jamaica? No, but I tried real hard.

Last edited:
So is your prediction that Biden will choose Klobuchar or that Biden removes himself from the ticket and won't be the nominee?
My prediction: Biden rides it out, ultimately chooses Amy, and then still loses based on the polling I’ve seen on issues related to the economy.

My prediction: Biden rides it out, ultimately chooses Amy, and then still loses based on the polling I’ve seen on issues related to the economy.

Biden has upgraded his techno-staff. His next virtual town hall meeting will be carried live on
AOL dial-up; tune in to the Austin360 Board to catch it all. He's on a roll, or maybe a sniff, or then again, a grab and sniff......

Reactions: iasooner1 and 22LR
Would be a major misstep IMO if he chooses Harris. Especially with the apparent hypocrisy during the Kavanaugh hearings.

She does nothing for him in Minnesota, Wisconsin, PA

I disagree about it being a major misstep. Harris brings a lot to the ticket and checks off a lot of boxes. You don't like Harris so obviously you can't see this or admit it.

I do agree though that if Biden's main goal is to put someone on the ticket who helps deliver a swing state, then he won't choose Harris. Nor will he choose Warren. However, if this is his goal, I think he can do better than Klobuchar. Baldwin of Wisconsin comes to mind. Baldwin would both help in a swing state/midwest and also make those to the left of Biden happy. He accomplishes his main goal plus a little more with a candidate like Baldwin. Also, I am not sure if Klobuchar is as strong in the Midwest as she pretends (she finished fifth in Iowa, two spots behind Warren).

I really have no idea who he is going to choose because I don't know which route he is going to take with the pick. I think Harris, Warren and Klobuchar are definitely three of the leading contenders. But all three also have their weaknesses as a running mate that could keep them from getting the nod. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him pick someone other that one of them.

btw, Harris was masterful in both the Kavanaugh and Barr hearings and there has been no hypocrisy (nor from Klobuchar, who was also part of the Kavanaugh hearing). Her performance in those hearings continue to win her praise within the Democratic Party. And it is also one reason Republicans don't like her.

Last edited:
I believe her disdain for minorities

What an ignorant statement to make. Shows how little you know about Harris. Not shocking though coming from you.

Any concern for Trump's disdain for minorities? Go ahead now, claim he doesn't have any disdain. Be the predictable Trump bot that you are.

Reactions: CowboyUp
What an ignorant statement to make. Shows how little you know about Harris. Not shocking though coming from you.

Any concern for Trump's disdain for minorities? Go ahead now, claim he doesn't have any disdain. Be the predictable Trump bot that you are.
Well, she did once say that ending affirmative action was America’s next segregation. Pretty sad, that she believes minorities cannot get into college on their own and that race should be used as a bonus to get accepted.

That fits the definition of disdain. “The feeling that someone is unworthy of someone’s consideration”.

Pretty sad, that she believes minorities cannot get into college on their own and that race should be used as a bonus to get accepted.

This is not what she believes. This is your false right-wing spin of her reasoning for supporting affirmative action.

In a debate, it took Tulsi 2 minutes to effectively expose Kamala's disdain for minorities as Attorney General of California from 2011-2017. Polling showed Kamala took a hit shortly after. I hope Beijing Biden picks Kamala. There will be questions to answer for both.

Trump is a poor "racist". The people he hates most enjoyed the lowest unemployment numbers ever recorded before the government mandated shutdown of our economy. Not market shut down. Government mandated shut down.

Trump is a poor "racist". The people he hates most enjoyed the lowest unemployment numbers ever recorded before the government mandated shutdown of our economy. Not market shut down. Government mandated shut down.

As I predicted, you defend Trump's disdain for minorities and repeat the tired old talking points that have shown to be both misleading and incorrect.

Not shocking at all.

I see two possibilities: Kloblachar if the DNC thinks they need to strengthen their stance in the midwest or Warren if they are more concerned about whether the 'Bernie supporters' and college kids may not show up. Harris brings nothing to the ticket other than a bunch of 'Angry Black Woman' memes. And any of the others listed previously lack the name recognition to move the needle imo.

I think the issue right now is that the DNC doesn't know if it will be able to link the COVID economy to Trump as a campaign strategy and thus isn't sure if increased far left turnout (Warren) or moderate turnout (Klob) is better.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
I see two possibilities: Kloblachar if the DNC thinks they need to strengthen their stance in the midwest or Warren if they are more concerned about whether the 'Bernie supporters' and college kids may not show up.

I think it is important to note two concerns about Warren though: (1) Some on the left, including some Bernie supporters, are not happy with Warren and there is concern her selection may not move the needle with them and (2) Warren's age.

This is why some think if Biden decides to balance the ticket with a progressive, he may select a lesser known (nationally speaking) progressive who doesn't carry any baggage from the 2020 primaries. Also, a progressive from a swing state would be a double bonus!

thus isn't sure if increased far left turnout (Warren) or moderate turnout (Klob) is better.

This is a good point and why I think Biden's choice could tell us a lot about how his campaign views the upcoming election.

I personally think this election is going to be about base turnout, and therefore Biden needs to select someone who excites his base and/or helps him turn out the voters he needs (Warren, Harris, Cortez Masto, a progressive like Baldwin, etc.).

I disagree about it being a major misstep. Harris brings a lot to the ticket and checks off a lot of boxes. You don't like Harris so obviously you can't see this or admit it.

I do agree though that if Biden's main goal is to put someone on the ticket who helps deliver a swing state, then he won't choose Harris. Nor will he choose Warren. However, if this is his goal, I think he can do better than Klobuchar. Baldwin of Wisconsin comes to mind. Baldwin would both help in a swing state/midwest and also make those to the left of Biden happy. He accomplishes his main goal plus a little more with a candidate like Baldwin. Also, I am not sure if Klobuchar is as strong in the Midwest as she pretends (she finished fifth in Iowa, two spots behind Warren).

I really have no idea who he is going to choose because I don't know which route he is going to take with the pick. I think Harris, Warren and Klobuchar are definitely three of the leading contenders. But all three also have their weaknesses as a running mate that could keep them from getting the nod. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him pick someone other that one of them.

btw, Harris was masterful in both the Kavanaugh and Barr hearings and there has been no hypocrisy (nor from Klobuchar, who was also part of the Kavanaugh hearing). Her performance in those hearings continue to win her praise within the Democratic Party. And it is also one reason Republicans don't like her.
Masterful? Holy crap you're delusional. Harris was grandstanding and showing her true feelings in regards to "believe all women." The very first political ad the Trump campaign will put together if she's chosen will be clips of her from the hearings placed right up against Biden's own bumbling on the Tare Reade accusations.

Praise each other all you want within your own party, Independents see through the fraud that is Kamala.

Klobuchar on the other hand was very fair in those hearings with her lines of questioning and general midwestern values that speak more towards the core of what America is about.

It's funny you keep taking these stances in this election cycle and don't open your ears when moderates (hi, I'm a moderate) continue to prove you wrong.

You've been pimping Sanders, Warren, and Harris for months and all at one point were front runners, the Democratic party largely rejected them.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
Masterful? Holy crap you're delusional. Harris was grandstanding and showing her true feelings in regards to "believe all women." The very first political ad the Trump campaign will put together if she's chosen will be clips of her from the hearings placed right up against Biden's own bumbling on the Tare Reade accusations.

Again, you don't like Harris so none of what you posted here suprises me. You find every opportunity to attack her and will never allow yourself to lay down your biases and give her a fair consideration. So be it.

btw, Klobuchar was part of the Kavanaugh hearings too and the Trump campaign could just as easy put together an ad for her. So your argument falls apart there. Guess what though? Such ads would have very little effect (if any) on the election. i.e., no one cares except Republicans.

Klobuchar on the other hand was very fair in those hearings with her lines of questioning and general midwestern values that speak more towards the core of what America is about.

Wow, what a revealing comment by you.

Klobuchar was just as tough on Kavanaugh as was Harris. The fact that you process the two differently says a lot.

Praise each other all you want within your own party, Independents see through the fraud that is Kamala.

Don't try to speak for Independents. You aren't an Independent, you are a Republican. And you always show your Republican biases in your commentary. At least be honest for once.

Yes, I have no problem admitting that I am a progressive Democrat that prefers Democrats like Sanders, Warren, Harris, Baldwin, etc. I believe candidates like these is how we win national (and state) elections, not by falling into the "win moderates" trap that Republicans (and the DNC lately) push. We had two moderate establishment types on the ticket in 2016 and you see how that worked out. You are advocating for the same thing (I wonder why lol) again this year!

And you may very well get your wish. Biden may make the mistake of choosing Klobuchar. I think she is definately in his top five. If he does, I just hope the desire to beat Trump will be motivation enough to get those who set out in 2016 (or voted third party) out to vote for Biden. I worry it won't be though.

Right wing spin? Then why did she make the comparison.

She has spoken and written before about why she supports affirmative action. Google it. Read her own words. Try to process them outside of right-wing thinking on this issue.

There is a couple of mistakes that Biden would be smart to avoid with this VP pick. First, he should stay away from anyone that was previously a prosecutor. Unfortunately this takes away two people on the short list that could either help him with battleground states or the minority vote. Second, he cannot choose a sitting senator. A couple of the VP candidates sit in districts that could be flipped to Republican or are leading the effort to win back the majority in the senate. So Harris, Klobachar, Warren, and Abrams are out. Whitmer has gotten press lately, but she has very little executive experience and her daddy was CEO of a top insurance company (BCBS) and a lobbyist for the insurance industry. Val Demings would be an interesting choice. She could be helpful in a couple of swing states and is african-american. Bottoms is also one that I think is a finalist. She has been a Biden stumper from the beginning. But I think in the end it will be Susan Rice. With her Ambassador to the UN and National Security Adviser for Obama experience, combined with a lot of support from within the Democratic party, she is who I think Biden will end up picking.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
I am starting to believe the @my_2cents is an extreme far-left troll bot. He never answers questions and accuses someone of something he is doing.

Again, you don't like Harris so none of what you posted here suprises me. You find every opportunity to attack her and will never allow yourself to lay down your biases and give her a fair consideration. So be it.

btw, Klobuchar was part of the Kavanaugh hearings too and the Trump campaign could just as easy put together an ad for her. So your argument falls apart there. Guess what though? Such ads would have very little effect (if any) on the election.

Wow, what a revealing comment by you.

Klobuchar was just as tough on Kavanaugh as was Harris. The fact that you process the two differently says a lot.

Don't try to speak for Independents. You aren't an Independent, you are a Republican. And you always show your Republican biases in your commentary. At least be honest for once.

Yes, I have no problem admitting that I am a progressive Democrat that prefers Democrats like Sanders, Warren, Harris, Baldwin, etc. I believe candidates like these is how we win national (and state) elections, not by falling into the "win moderates" trap that Republicans (and the DNC lately) push. We had two moderate establishment types on the ticket in 2016 and you see how that worked out. You are advocating for the same thing (I wonder why lol) again this year!

And you may very well get your wish. Biden may make the mistake of choosing Klobuchar. I think she is definately in his top five and is the clear moderate choice. If he does, I just hope the desire to beat Trump will be motivation enough to get those who set out in 2016 (or voted third party) out to vote for Biden. I worry it won't be though.
I'm not the only one who doesn't like Harris...she went from top of the mountain to the basement of the primary process in the matter of a few months. She's going to all of a sudden go from being a harsh critic of Biden on a number of stances and then jump on a campaign trail with him?

I'm aware Klobuchar was part of the hearings, that's why I noted that her line of questioning was very fair in regards to due process. She didn't come across as insufferable person that had ulterior motives like Harris and Booker. I can say Klobuchar asked tough but fair questions and say I earned respect for her.

I'm quite happy to say that Hillary Clinton would have won the election if she would have put more of an emphasis in say...Wisconsin and the Midwest. We are talking about an election coming down to just a few thousand votes. It would actually work with a ticket that didn't have incredibly unlikeable candidates. Hey buddy...Biden actually is a more likeable person, even with his warts, than Hillary Clinton.

I'm actually trying to help you... Kamala has the highest unfavorable percentage among Warren, Klobuchar, Abrams, and Whitmer among young democrats (under 45) and only Warren has a higher unfavorable rating than Harris among all registered voters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT