ADVERTISEMENT

White House Presser Today

The funniest part of that video came at the very end as she was walking away, hearing the howls of protest and justification for their inaction by the press corps, those on whom we should be able to rely to bring us the truth of events. I wonder if they understand how feckless they appear to the public.

The funniest part of that video came at the very end as she was walking away, hearing the howls of protest and justification for their inaction by the press corps, those on whom we should be able to rely to bring us the truth of events. I wonder if they understand how feckless they appear to the public.

I loved how they used their First Amendment privilege to robustly question other people's First Amendment privileges. Telling.

@CowboyUp This is what a powerful woman looks like.

Eventually what's going to happen is you will see the MSM just stop carrying the press briefings.They will use the reasoning of "why give them the air time to question us," they only want to show the things that put him in a negative light.

I normally don't watch these so I don't know if this is something that others have done in the past but I think it's a real slippery slope if this is a new type of relationship brewing between press secretaries and the press.

She is quite easy on the eyes and seems pretty smart to boot.

Eventually what's going to happen is you will see the MSM just stop carrying the press briefings.They will use the reasoning of "why give them the air time to question us," they only want to show the things that put him in a negative light.

I normally don't watch these so I don't know if this is something that others have done in the past but I think it's a real slippery slope if this is a new type of relationship brewing between press secretaries and the press.

She is quite easy on the eyes and seems pretty smart to boot.

None of us should object to the press endlessly hounding the Trump administration over every policy and pronouncement it makes. That’s it’s job. That’s why we are supposed to regard it as the Fourth Estate.

What we should all find objectionable is the lack of hounding during the Obama administration, the blind eye turned by the press as the Obama administration obliterated the Constitution and further diluted our liberty.

I’m sure I have a minority opinion on this, but I have little doubt the Trump administration would willingly run roughshod over the Constitution and our liberty if it thought it could get away with it as unquestioned as Obama and his minions.

Last edited:
Reactions: shortbus
I loved how they used their First Amendment privilege to robustly question other people's First Amendment privileges. Telling.

@CowboyUp This is what a powerful woman looks like.
I said to MsUp 3 years ago that’s who should have been Press Secretary from the start. Instead Dumbo went with What’s his face first and then Sanders.
McEnaney is still really good but all the lies she has to repeat and cover for put her in an impossible position. BTW MsUp agreed with me, but it’s too late now to save him. 17,000 lies. She’s simply re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

BTW you brought up “powerful woman”. I’ve known quite a few “powerful” women who worked alongside MsUp first for Tx Senate, then House. However MsUp (OSU grad with a teaching certificate) was (and still is) in a league of her own re: budget—-believed to be the only non-Senator in Tx history invited to answer a question from the Floor of the Texas Senate from Open microphone while in Session. : “Mr. Chairman at this time I’d ask to recognize (MsUp) to respond. I would add that she’s the smartest person at the Texas Capitol and she’s from Oklahoma!” Rob Junell (D-Big Spring), then Chairman of Appropriations.

Last edited:
None of us should object to the press endlessly hounding the Trump administration over every policy and pronouncement it makes. That’s it’s job. That’s why we are supposed to regard it as the Fourth Estate.

What we should all find objectionable is the lack of hounding during the Obama administration, the blind eye turned by the press as the Obama administration obliterated the Constitution and further diluted our liberty.

I’m sure I have a minority opinion on this, but I have little doubt the Trump administration would willingly run roughshod over the Constitution and our liberty if it thought it could get away with it as unquestioned as Obama and his minions.

Believe it or not I agree with you but would use a different expression. Trump and his spokesperson should be asked tough questions about his policies and leadership by the press but that is not what they have been doing. They have been asking gotcha questions with the hopes he looks bad. With Obama the press did everything but bow down and lick his boots.

Well, that's a definitive and very painful

source.gif

Believe it or not I agree with you but would use a different expression. Trump and his spokesperson should be asked tough questions about his policies and leadership by the press but that is not what they have been doing. They have been asking gotcha questions with the hopes he looks bad. With Obama the press did everything but bow down and lick his boots.
Oh, I agree! I guess the difference is I don’t object to gothcha questions. I just think they should be asked of every politician with equal vigor. I think the more adversarial the relationship between every journalist and every politician the more likely we will be informed of attempts to usurp power. (Having said that I admit what I’m looking for has never existed, and probably never will.)

Baghdad Barbie is certainly making Biff proud.

Baghdad Barbie. That’s a good one! Did you come up with that on your own, or did you see it somewhere else?

She is the first spokesperson for a Republican administration in my memory that appears to be more intelligent and better prepared than the journalists of the WH Press Corps combined. So far it has been a daily ass kicking as she walks away leaving them befuddled and fuming that they’ve been slapped around again. It will be interesting to see how long this lasts.

I suspect they gather in local watering holes every night huddling together to formulate a plan where they can team up and outwit her. What are the numbers? 25 journalists with the backing of billion dollars news organizations against Barbie? It must be humiliating for them.

As a dedicated Trump hater you may not like what you’re witnessing. But even Trump haters will have to admit it is very impressive.

Baghdad Barbie. That’s a good one! Did you come up with that on your own, or did you see it somewhere else?

She is the first spokesperson for a Republican administration in my memory that appears to be more intelligent and better prepared than the journalists of the WH Press Corps combined. So far it has been a daily ass kicking as she walks away leaving them befuddled and fuming that they’ve been slapped around again. It will be interesting to see how long this lasts.

I suspect they gather in local watering holes every night huddling together to formulate a plan where they can team up and outwit her. What are the numbers? 25 journalists with the backing of billion dollars news organizations against Barbie? It must be humiliating for them.

As a dedicated Trump hater you may not like what you’re witnessing. But even Trump haters will have to admit it is very impressive.

No, I can't claim it, it's on the twitters.

She's kind of hot. Bush had a stinger that's a talking head on FOX now. I wish dem men would get hot women press secretaries. I'm not gonna give Trump props on his though, you know why, Dan? No, not because I'm biased. He gave us Sarah Sanders. That doesn't just go away with a couple weeks of eye candy. Why, Dan? Why did Trump put out a press secretary that looks like a Ralph Steadman painting?

I haven't heard her speak, my assumption is everyone associated with that admin is lying out their ass with the primary objective to satisfy a pathological liar, why listen?

She's kind of hot. Bush had a stinger that's a talking head on FOX now. I wish dem men would get hot women press secretaries. I'm not gonna give Trump props on his though, you know why, Dan? No, not because I'm biased. He gave us Sarah Sanders. That doesn't just go away with a couple weeks of eye candy. Why, Dan? Why did Trump put out a press secretary that looks like a Ralph Steadman painting?

I haven't heard her speak, my assumption is everyone associated with that admin is lying out their ass with the primary objective to satisfy a pathological liar, why listen?
Why would you expect to have any credibility when you announce you have not watched or listened to any of it? Your entire assessment of her effectiveness is based on assumption? What’s the line in the movie? Assumption is the mother of all clusterf_cks. Damn, Sys, this time you haven’t brought a single thing to the argument. Watch a couple of the pressers and then get back to me.

Last edited:
Why would you expect have any credibility when you announce you have not watched or listened to any of it? Your entire assessment of her effectiveness is based on assumption? What’s the line in the movie? Assumption is the mother of all clusterf_cks. Damn, Sys, this time you haven’t brought a single thing to the argument. Watch a couple of the pressers and then get back to me.

She would not be standing there if she were truthful or had some modicum of integrity.

She would not be standing there if she were truthful or had some modicum of integrity.
Well, duh! It’s the job. Press Secretaries of EVERY administration of BOTH parties are hired to put the public spin on their policies. Spin, in case you don’t know, is a combination of half lies with just enough truth to seem believable. Obama’s Press Secretaries were outstanding at spin, and were immensely aided by an adoring press corps. Trump’s, up to this point in time, have not been as good. Of course the bar has been much higher for them. So far Barbie has cleared the bar with ease.

It’s okay, Sys. You aren’t committing treason against your team by admitting the obvious truth that she is systematically cleaning their clocks. I’m sure they’ll regroup and formulate a strategy to counter her. It’s all just a stupid publicity game anyway. When’s the last time a Press Secretary told the unvarnished truth? When’s the last time any member of the press corps wanted the unvarnished truth?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
You aren’t committing treason against your team by admitting the obvious truth that she is systematically cleaning their clocks.

Who's my team?

How is she systematically cleaning their clocks? By... lying? Saying truths?

I’m sure they’ll regroup and formulate a strategy to counter her.
Who is "they" that are so adversarial? What is going on?

You said she and standing. I think you meant the people she is slapping around that are sitting.

SHe's really telling off the press? Is that it?

I said to MsUp 3 years ago that’s who should have been Press Secretary from the start. Instead Dumbo went with What’s his face first and then Sanders.
McEnaney is still really good but all the lies she has to repeat and cover for put her in an impossible position. BTW MsUp agreed with me, but it’s too late now to save him. 17,000 lies. She’s simply re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

BTW you brought up “powerful woman”. I’ve known quite a few “powerful” women who worked alongside MsUp first for Tx Senate, then House. However MsUp (OSU grad with a teaching certificate) was (and still is) in a league of her own re: budget—-believed to be the only non-Senator in Tx history invited to answer a question from the Floor of the Texas Senate from Open microphone while in Session. : “Mr. Chairman at this time I’d ask to recognize (MsUp) to respond. I would add that she’s the smartest person at the Texas Capitol and she’s from Oklahoma!” Rob Junell (D-Big Spring), then Chairman of Appropriations.
Lies?

She just repeated the facts about Obama and Spygate and challenged the lib press re: why they aren't doing they're job.

Lies?

She just repeated the facts about Obama and Spygate and challenged the lib press re: why they aren't doing they're job.
Well if getting her to explain these scandals is as hard as getting @MegaPoke to, no wonder she's taking heat. Hell you'd think someone could simply explain it with words. Nope, gotta defer to a bongino or loony tune type.

Yet you believed everything the Obama administration put out along with the proven false narrative of Russian collusion.

Well if getting her to explain these scandals is as hard as getting @MegaPoke to, no wonder she's taking heat. Hell you'd think someone could simply explain it with words. Nope, gotta defer to a bongino or loony tune type.
Brother, you’re missing the point. She’s not taking the heat, she’s delivering it with the ferocity of a Nolan Ryan fastball. And to carry the analogy all the way out, so far she’s pitching a no hitter.

Yet you believed everything the Obama administration put out along with the proven false narrative of Russian collusion.

"everything the obama admin put out" LOL

"proven false narrative of Russian collusion" LOL I never said they colluded. I said they helped him. What's the difference? Our country's enemy wanted h im to win. They said it. E1 here said it. Mueller report says it. Don't gaslight me. Own it. Our enemies got their guy.

Brother, you’re missing the point. She’s not taking the heat, she’s delivering it with the ferocity of a Nolan Ryan fastball. And to carry the analogy all the way out, so far she’s pitching a no hitter.

You have a tendency to go beatle-mania over attractive political females.

Reactions: Ponca Dan
"everything the obama admin put out" LOL

"proven false narrative of Russian collusion" LOL I never said they colluded. I said they helped him. What's the difference? Our country's enemy wanted h im to win. They said it. E1 here said it. Mueller report says it. Don't gaslight me. Own it. Our enemies got their guy.

You are not fooling anyone. You will lick the boots of any liberal they put up and swallow any story they put out.
And LOL at the Mueller report proving anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT