ADVERTISEMENT

When They See Us - Netflix

BluegrassPoke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2002
Frisco, TX
As a former NYC resident this story pisses me off. That said, wtf, lets drag the President of the USA into the story? That was a big cheap shot.

Still, watch the 5 episodes and see how corrupt the NYPD use to be until Rudy G cleaned it up!

Its when they see us. I believe president dumbass inserted himself into story by trying to organize a lynch mob and continues to bring it on himself by ignoring the facts and refusing to acknowledge he was wrong. It pretty much sums up his whole life.

Not sure Rudy actually cleaned up the NYPD. If anything he backed them in those type situations and exploited the racial climate of NYC to get himself elected.

The series itself has gotten pretty mixed review. It obviously told from the boys perspective and has received a lot of criticism but the basic outrage is justified. Likewise the five aren't as completely innocent as they are portrayed. This is a pretty good column on the whole issue and the danger of limited perspective:

https://theweek.com/articles/847842/danger-knowing-thing-about-central-park-five

Last edited:
Reactions: Pokeabear
Its when they see us. I believe president dumbass inserted himself into story by trying to organize a lynch mob and continues to bring it on himself by ignoring the facts and refusing to acknowledge he was wrong. It pretty much sums up his whole life.

Not sure Rudy actually cleaned up the NYPD. If anything he backed them in those type situations and exploited the racial climate of NYC to get himself elected.

The series itself has gotten pretty mixed review. It obviously told from the boys perspective and has received a lot of criticism but the basic outrage is justified. Likewise the five aren't as completely innocent as they are portrayed. This is a pretty good column on the whole issue and the danger of limited perspective:

https://theweek.com/articles/847842/danger-knowing-thing-about-central-park-five

Rudy is credited for cleaning up the corruption and the city. Queens is still a dump though. Thanks for the article share.

I think movies with and agenda like this end up doing more damage to their activist cause. Ava Duvernay instead of telling the truth about the boys paints them to be completely innocent. People that either know the real story or end up finding out, then feel duped by the movie and discredit it.
Now those with TDS probably don’t care.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT