ADVERTISEMENT

What's your top pizza places and toppings?

We like Pizza 23 in OKC but I never see anyone in there so we might be alone in that opinion. Big fan of Empire. Halls is supposed to be really good but I haven't made it there yet.

I had Stone Sister's Pizza next to Byron's Liquor Warehouse a few weeks ago. Pretty good. Got their super spicy pizza and really liked it.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I had Stone Sister's Pizza next to Byron's Liquor Warehouse a few weeks ago. Pretty good. Got their super spicy pizza and really liked it.

I've been meaning to try that place. It is in such a weird location. Was it busy? I wonder how much business they get there.

I've been meaning to try that place. It is in such a weird location. Was it busy? I wonder how much business they get there.

We went on a Saturday night, and there was probably a dozen or so people in there. It's very easy to miss unless you're traveling north on Broadway.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Have any of you tried Sauced in OKC? I think it is by Chivers. Someone recommended that to me the other day.

Have any of you tried Sauced in OKC? I think it is by Chivers. Someone recommended that to me the other day.

It's pretty meh, Vito

If you like Neapolitan pizza, Pizzaria Gusto in okc is really good. The heat in Edmond (formerly humble pie) is really good. Deep dish and New York style.

Really like savastanos in Bixby, but I always hate myself the next day. Agree on Andolini's - great pie.

Away from Oklahoma I love Home Slice in Austin. Frank and Angie's in Austin is also terrific. Someone mentioned Cane Rosso, great pie. Really like Eno's in Dallas too. Hell. There's a lot. I love pizza.

Take out - Marcos all day.

Topping well done pepperoni that gets crisp on the edges like bacon.

Hamburger, Canadian Bacon, Pepperoni - Minuteman Pizza, Sand Springs OK. Everyone else is playing for second.

Agree with Cowguy's takes on Pizzaria Gusto and Sauced. For some reason I always forget about Pizzaria Gusto but it is right by my house. Great Neapolitan Pizza.

It's pretty meh, Vito

If you like Neapolitan pizza, Pizzaria Gusto in okc is really good. The heat in Edmond (formerly humble pie) is really good. Deep dish and New York style.

Really like savastanos in Bixby, but I always hate myself the next day. Agree on Andolini's - great pie.

Away from Oklahoma I love Home Slice in Austin. Frank and Angie's in Austin is also terrific. Someone mentioned Cane Rosso, great pie. Really like Eno's in Dallas too. Hell. There's a lot. I love pizza.

Alright @Cowguy I am gonna hit up Pizza Gusto tonight. Thanks for the tip

Pro tip. Get some honey with your pizza and save the crusts for the end. Dip them in the honey and have a dessert. A lot like sopapilla after Mexican food.

Got that from Beau Jo's Colorado Style pizza.

Reactions: russgoodman and SKC
Damn @Cowguy I am gonna trust your pizza suggestions from now on. The wine selection was pretty nice also. I didn’t drink beer but a pretty good selection there also. I will be coming back this way again.

It's pretty meh, Vito

If you like Neapolitan style pizza next time you are in Austin you need to hit Bufalina. If you like Cleveland/Detroit style pizza try Via313.

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
My go to pizza is Canadian bacon, jalapeno, and PINEAPPLE. Hell yeah! You get sweet, savory, spicy, salty, all in one. Nothing better.

My wife favorite and I like it a lot as well. If your every in OKC, a place called Sauced on Paseo makes a great one. We stop in and have it 1-2 times per month.

For fast food pizza, we like Marcos Pepperoni Magnifico. Thin crust, well baked. I have a pizza oven at home and make great pizzas. Let my dough rest 72 hours for the perfect pizza.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
this

paper plate sized slice and a salad is a favorite meal

but you can't get a slice in okc

The old Falcone's on May Ave just north of 63rd street is still there doing it by the slice on a paper plate. With salads, etc.... Haven't been in there in a long time though, but we loved it years ago.

Original Hideaway in Stillwater is the GOAT although it might have slipped a bit recently. I grew up on Ken's, Crystal and My Phi. Crystal was great for about the first five years when they completely covered the pizza in toppings. In Dallas Campisis is pretty good. B.J Roadhouse actual has pretty good pizze.

I'm a Canadian Bacon, Pepperoni, Mushroom guy, I'll do supreme. Occasional I do the California Pizza Kitchen thing and go barbeque but general I like the traditional.

Never been a big fan of New York or Chicago style. To me an Hideway is perfect. Just the right amount of cheese. Not thin but not full deep dish.

Last edited:
If you like Neapolitan style pizza next time you are in Austin you need to hit Bufalina. If you like Cleveland/Detroit style pizza try Via313.

I'm in Austin right now. Will try to get by.

Damn @Cowguy I am gonna trust your pizza suggestions from now on. The wine selection was pretty nice also. I didn’t drink beer but a pretty good selection there also. I will be coming back this way again.

Always trust the hefty guy.

Glad you enjoyed, Vito!

Reactions: JonnyVito
My go to pizza is Canadian bacon, jalapeno, and PINEAPPLE. Hell yeah! You get sweet, savory, spicy, salty, all in one. Nothing better.

You are a sick sick man...

I used to agree with you until I had the “Surfer Dude” at Joey’s Pizza downtown on Film Row in OKC. They do exactly the Pizza Chi talks about and sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar before cooking.

Amazing.

The old Falcone's on May Ave just north of 63rd street is still there doing it by the slice on a paper plate. With salads, etc.... Haven't been in there in a long time though, but we loved it years ago.

Falcone’s has gotten exceedingly average since the original owner sold out and moved on.

In OKC, I like Joey’s the best...Sauced, The Wedge, and The Heat are second choices...I don’t care that much for Gusto. Take out/fast food choices are Marco’s and Papa Murphy’s, but only because we have a daughter working at each.

Cane Rosso at The Star is another Neopolitan style place that's pretty good.

Cane Rosso is solid, though I've only been to the Deep Ellum and downtown Carrollton locations. I like the Zoli (sausage and hot sopressata).

Best pizza place:
Monicals Illinois
Best St. Louis style pizza which if you enjoy never had is a must try.

Also enjoy hideaway original and the chain gets you close.

Pie5 is actually good for a sit down chains.
Enjoy Chicago deep dish pizza but not my go to

My all time favorite was Crystals pizza in OKC, sadly they are all gone or at least they changed their suppliers and now the pizza tastes like garbage.

I don't remember how good their pizza was, but we had a blast playing video games and hanging out there.

Right now, I would take a pizza with a topping of snow.

One day I am going to find a way to mail you a box of snow. That would just crack me up.

That would be pretty damn funny for real...and as desperate as I am, I would quite literally throw it on the ground and start trying to make a snow angel...

Reactions: JonnyVito
Stillwater hideaway
Hamburger
Mushroom
Black Olive
Lightly dusted with hot pepper flakes
Dipped in creamy Italian

Bottomless Mountain Dew

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT