ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on at OU?

vhsalum

Redshirt
Nov 14, 2002
I figured I'd ask here since this is where everyone is going...

Oklahoma the last 3 years (including this and next year's class) is phenomenal AND deep. Why the heck can't OU pick up any of these guys?

I was surprised the Moore twins went to West Virginia. Hardell's parents were always huge wrestling fans and I find it hard to believe that they would miss their matches.

Oklahoma the last 3 years (including this and next year's class) is phenomenal AND deep. Why the heck can't OU pick up any of these guys?
I think you are asking the wrong board-oh wait, OU does not have a board They have a very good coach in Mark Cody but he is an upper weights guy. They invested (do not know how much-probably 1 scholarship) in the
Dixons and I do not believe that will pan out with only Andrew who is probably the best and he not likely to AA this year and maybe not in the future. They got a good wrestler at 125 in Milhaus and he may AA in the future. Obviously Cody Brewer is a beast and Deangel

This is a question for Micco most likely. OU does not have a wrestling board so hard to discern the reasons for poor recruiting. Mark Cody is a good coach and did a bang up job at American but in the three years at OU not so good. He gambled his first year at OU and redshirted his studs and last year it did not really pay off. He has recruited Milhof at 125 who may AA during his career and in my opinion The Dixon triplets he recruited in that class will not pay off with possibly only one (Andrew) having a chance to AA in his career. They are good sound wrestlers but not in the excellent category and he probably ( I do not know) tied up a scholarship in the three of them. He did not recruit Cody Brewer but he is a beast and likely to be a 2X national champion. D1 college wrestling ranks only 2 Oklahoma recruits for this next year in #57 Davion Jeffries and #75 Christian Moody out of the top 150. Oklahoma State has 7 recruits in the top 150 including #7 Piccininnii
#9 Kaid Brock and #16 Joe Smith.
Mark Cody in all likelihood has this next year and maybe his 5th year to turn it around and it does not look good at this point.

Well. I mean, does anybody know he can't get an state of Oklahoma kids? I mean, sheesh! How could you not see the sheer numbers of Okie State and not think - more money, better chance of starting?

You're right that Brewer is phenomenal. How can't Cody sell that? And he should have more money/starting spots.

Just crazy to me.

Lightner isn't the best Personality you will run into for recruiting. Not saying he is a bad guy but the guy doesn't fit the mold of a good living room guy to get a kid to go there.

Lightner isn't the best Personality you will run into for recruiting. Not saying he is a bad guy but the guy doesn't fit the mold of a good living room guy to get a kid to go there.
I slighted OU when I indicated that they had only two in the top 150 recruits. In addition to the two I mentioned they had two others in the top 150 in #38 Sean DeShazer from Wichita, Ks. and #63 Dylan Lucas from Plainview,OK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT