ADVERTISEMENT

What is the best pure food

HighStickHarry

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2006
It can't be pizza or hot dogs it has to be unaltered. No seasonings, dressings, condiments, etc. It can be cooked or raw.

Mine would be steamed lobster.

Seafood of some sort. Whether it be lobster, oysters or fish. Straight from the sea to your mouth and its all good.

That or milk.

Last edited:
Seaweed.

Nuts and seeds.

Oysters.

Crab.

Without salt, a lot of things are much more bland than people realize.
For that reason, protein from the sea will edge out most land meat.

Also, in general, root veggies hold up better without seasoning.

Carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, etc.

Damn.

Can't believe I forgot berries. I'm now putting that at the top of the food chain.

Damn.

Can't believe I forgot berries. I'm now putting that at the top of the food chain.

Right there with you. Fruits would likely top the list overall. I was thinking strictly proteins.

Unseasoned steak? No salt and pepper or butter?

I doubt that would still be your pick.

Please don't sear Kobe.

You lose most of the fat and that's what you're buying.

I'm not a foody or esquire reader. That said, there's an infamous story about Mitterand's last meal where they ate this illegal delicacy, a bird called ortolan. It sounds nauseating to me, but apparently people love it. It's kind of like those raw ducklings people eat.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a4642/the-last-meal-0598/

For me, it's halibut and it's culinary Okie cousin, the crappie.

I think the kobe beef craze is the emperor's clothes. I'm not a big meat eater, but a good cook can make a pork tenderloin dance.

One other thing that deserves honorable mention: A simple, ripe orange.

I think ya'll are crazy..... the only answer is bacon.....BACON.... FIVE POUNDS OF GLORIOUS BACON........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT