ADVERTISEMENT

What Has Happened To Lindsey Graham?

Trump was a pretty regular guest on Stern prior to being elected.

A really good one.

Stern is actually a really good interviewer with a very wide reach. "King of All Media" and whatnot.
Trump on Stern? Of course that makes sense. I could even see them making out. Stern stated he's tried to get Hillary on before and she always refused. Hillary on Stern now? Like I said, she's desperate for attention. I find it funny.

Trump on Stern? Of course that makes sense. I could even see them making out. Stern stated he's tried to get Hillary on before and she always refused. Hillary on Stern now? Like I said, she's desperate for attention. I find it funny.
It's like when Dana Plato starred in a B flick (more like an L, M, or N flick) that had Ron Jeremy in a supporting role..

I really don't get this.

She's desperate for attention, but Trump being on there makes sense instead of him being desperate for attention when he was appearing there?

Because she previously refused? She's on a book tour right now. There is rumbling about her getting into the campaign. Stern is widely heard. Big media. He's wanted her on for quite awhile.

I know you dislike her IMMENSELY, but you're kinda jumping a big old double standard of a shark right now.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I really don't get this.

She's desperate for attention, but Trump being on there makes sense instead of him being desperate for attention when he was appearing there?
Huh? Can you point out to me where I stated that Trump didn't appear on Stern for the attention?

Because she previously refused? She's on a book tour right now. There is rumbling about her getting into the campaign. Stern is widely heard. Big media. He's wanted her on for quite awhile.
Thanks for making my point that she's desperate for attention.

I know you dislike her IMMENSELY, but you're kinda jumping a big old double standard of a shark right now.
Huh? Maybe see above? I think you're wandering around looking for a zebra on a dairy cattle farm.

As those who listen to the show know, Stern publicly begged Hillary to appear during the 2016 campaign. After Donald Trump won, Stern said one guest shot could have moved the needle her way.

“If she had come on the show …,” Stern mused in May. “The way I helped Donald was I let him come on and be a personality. Whether you liked him or not … people related to him as a human being.”

Seems to me to be more of an intelligent, calculated decision than desperation.

Huh? Can you point out to me where I stated that Trump didn't appear on Stern for the attention?

Thanks more making my point that she's desperate for attention.

Huh? Maybe see above? I think you're wandering around looking for a zebra on a dairy cattle farm.

Let's test whether I'm wandering around looking for a zebra on a dairy cattle farm.

In your opinion, did Donald appear on Stern because he was "desperate for attention"?

Did you find that amusing? Him being desperate for attention?

You answer both of those yes....I will concede no double standard.

As those who listen to the show know, Stern publicly begged Hillary to appear during the 2016 campaign. After Donald Trump won, Stern said one guest shot could have moved the needle her way.

“If she had come on the show …,” Stern mused in May. “The way I helped Donald was I let him come on and be a personality. Whether you liked him or not … people related to him as a human being.”

Seems to me to be more of an intelligent, calculated decision than desperation.
Going on the Howard Stern didn’t win the presidency for Trump! Do better! It sounds like Howard’s opinion on his effect on the presidential race

Any of them.
I've never been a fan of Stern so I've never heard Trump on his show and don't have a clue how many times he appeared or what was talked about. I do know that Trump had been a regular on Stern's show for years though.

Since you're certain you've found the smoking gun of my double standard, maybe you can pick an appearance where the situation for Trump was similar to Hillary's current situation, still very bitter 3 years post election loss and finally appearing on Stern's show after turning down all previous requests while "there is rumbling about her getting into the campaign."

I heard a clip of the Queen denying she's ever been sexually involved with a woman after being quizzed by Howard

I've never been a fan of Stern so I've never heard Trump on his show and don't have a clue how many times he appeared or what was talked about. I do know that Trump had been a regular on Stern's show for years though.

Since you're certain you've found the smoking gun of my double standard, maybe you can pick an appearance where the situation for Trump was similar to Hillary's current situation, still very bitter 3 years post election loss and finally appearing on Stern's show after turning down all previous requests while "there is rumbling about her getting into the campaign."

So Hillary appearing on Stern = so desperate.

Trump appearing on Stern = *shoulder shrug*….don't know much about it.

Got it.

Thanks.

Going on the Howard Stern didn’t win the presidency for Trump! Do better! It sounds like Howard’s opinion on his effect on the presidential race

I didn't say it won the presidency for Trump....not even close. Nobody did.

Keep strawmanning.

Got it.

Thanks.
So you found an example of Trump appearing on Stern under a similar circumstance to Hillary or nah?

Reactions: iasooner1
So you found an example of Trump appearing on Stern under a similar circumstance to Hillary or nah?

Yah...many.

1. 11/4/97-Trump on Stern to sell one of his books....like Hillary.
2. 11/9/99-Trump on Stern to discuss his candidacy as Reform Party candidate.
3. 1/7/04-Trump on Stern selling "The Apprentice"
4. 2/6/13-Trump on Stern around the same time he has a exploration committee looking at running for President
5. 8/25/15-Trump on Stern discussing his campaign for the Presendency.

Got it.

Thanks.

Also the sheer number of appearances and topics of discussion would lead anyone reasonable person without a double standard to conclude that Trump is also desperate for attention.

http://www.trumponstern.com/

I know you're never gonna confess to having a double standard on this...people with double standards almost never do.

But I've made my point.

Yah...many.

1. 11/4/97-Trump on Stern to sell one of his books....like Hillary.
2. 11/9/99-Trump on Stern to discuss his candidacy as Reform Party candidate.
3. 1/7/04-Trump on Stern selling "The Apprentice"
4. 2/6/13-Trump on Stern around the same time he has a exploration committee looking at running for President
5. 8/25/15-Trump on Stern discussing his campaign for the Presendency.

Also the sheer number of appearances and topics of discussion would lead anyone reasonable person without a double standard to conclude that Trump is also desperate for attention.

http://www.trumponstern.com/

I know you're never gonna confess to having a double standard on this...people with double standards almost never do.

But I've made my point.
Uhhhh, bad week for you? Of course Trump appeared on Stern for the attention. I never once stated he didnt. I'll look at the examples you provided to see if they meet my criteria for considering him "desperate" and report back to you.

Just so you're clear on why I'm considering Hillary's appearance "desperate." She's obviously mulling over a THIRD run at the presidency at a time when she's definitely much less popular than she was in each of her previous two campaigns. She sells books despite not appearing on Stern, so I don't believe her appearance was designed to sell books. I think her people wanted her to appear to see if it moves polling data favorably for her as she continues to consider a THIRD run at the presidency. Everyone knows that her likeability and ability to connect with voters were both giant ship anchors in her failed campaigns.

Uhhhh, bad week for you? Of course Trump appeared on Stern for the attention. I never once stated he didnt. I'll look at the examples you provided to see if they meet my criteria for considering him "desperate" and report back to you.

Just so you're clear on why I'm considering Hillary's appearance "desperate." She's obviously mulling over a THIRD run at the presidency at a time when she's definitely much less popular than she was in each of her previous two campaigns. She sells books despite not appearing on Stern, so I don't believe her appearance was designed to sell books. I think her people wanted her to appear to see if it moves polling data favorably for her as she continues to consider a THIRD run at the presidency. Everyone knows that her likeability and ability to connect with voters were both giant ship anchors in her failed campaigns.

Not a bad week at all.

You never said he didn't appear on Stern for attention....but you are still completely hedging on whether he is "desperate" for attention...which is where your double standard lies.

You asked me to point out Stern appearances by Trump under similar circumstances as those of Hillary.

I did.

Don't bother reporting back on whether those or others meet your criteria for considering him "desperate"...I'm sure they won't...even though they are essentially exactly the same circumstances under which Hillary appeared. Ergo...the double standard.

You asked me to point out Stern appearances by Trump under similar circumstances as those of Hillary.

I did.
Which of those Trump appearances was three years after Trump's second election defeat while considering a THIRD run? I'm not finding anything similar to that in your list or on the link you provided.

Which of those Trump appearances was three years after Trump's second election defeat while considering a THIRD run? I'm not finding anything similar to that in your list or on the link you provided.

So the "similar" goalpost has now been moved to "exactly" the same circumstances.

Got it.

I've said what I'm seeing and my reasoning.

You've denied it.

Not subject to definitive proof one way or the other anyway, and endless cycles of "uh-huh/un-uh" does nothing.

I'm good with it ending here.

Last edited:
So the "similar" goalpost has now been moved to "exactly" the same circumstances.

Got it.

I've said what I'm seeing and my reasoning.

You've denied it.

I'm good with it ending here.
Well, yeah, the consideration of a THIRD presidential campaign weighs heavily on my determination of her being desperate so I'm expecting something similar to that, and since Trump has not previously run for office and lost, it's a pretty specific situation. You think she's just selling books. I don't. In fact, I don't think selling books weighed into her decision to appear on Stern at all.

And FFS, Trump is always desperate for attention. Literally everything he does is because he's desperate for attention. He's a master champion narcissist who needs to be the topic of conversation all day every day. If anyone was unaware of that about Trump pre-presidency, current President Trump Twitter is all of the evidence you need. I'm pretty sure every person who is aware Trump is alive knows that. I didn't think that was something I needed to spell out to you.

My head hurts now...thanks for that.

We have a whole discussion about whether or not Trump was desperate for attention when he went on Stern where you even said....

"I'll look at the examples you provided to see if they meet my criteria for considering him "desperate" and report back to you."

Which gives rise to a very clear indication that you might have determined him to not be desperate for attention on one or all of those....at a minimum that you reserved the right to make the call that he wasn't desperate for attention during those appearances.

And now:

And FFS, Trump is always desperate for attention. Literally everything he does is because he's desperate for attention. He's a master champion narcissist who needs to be the topic of conversation all day every day. If anyone was unaware of that about Trump pre-presidency, current President Trump Twitter is all of the evidence you need. I'm pretty sure every person who is aware Trump is alive knows that. I didn't think that was something I needed to spell out to you.

Now he's always desperate for attention.

I really want to wrap this up.

So let's see if we can resolve this with a statement of my opinion that you can indicate whether or not you agree with and if not why.

Hillary is desperate for attention. IMO, she has been desperate for attention for a LONG time....since at least First Lady days.

For someone desperate for attention like her, going on the Stern show is a pretty good calculating, intelligent way of getting it.

Trump is always desperate for attention, he was desperate for attention all the time he went on Stern.

For someone desperate for attention like him, going on the Stern show is a pretty good calculating, intelligent way of getting it.

Reactions: Medic007
Hillary is desperate for attention. IMO, she has been desperate for attention for a LONG time....since at least First Lady days.

For someone desperate for attention like her, going on the Stern show is a pretty good calculating, intelligent way of getting it.
Agreed with the addition that I don't believe her appearance had anything to do with selling books. I think she's got her people engaged in a serious polling effort because she's desperate to become president. My sole reason for the inclusion of "desperate" is because of that. She's the least popular that she's ever been and appearing on Stern for the first time now in hopes of changing that enough to run for president again reeks of desperation. I'll add that I don't think her pawing at the notion of another campaign is smart at all. It's a distraction to the Democratic Party at a time they definitely don't need it.

Trump is always desperate for attention, he was desperate for attention all the time he went on Stern.
Eleventy billion percent agree.

For someone desperate for attention like him, going on the Stern show is a pretty good calculating, intelligent way of getting it.
Agreed.

Of course Trump has always been desperate for attention.

Bottom line: I don't care as long as he continues to fill federal courts with conservative judges.
The people he is filling them with are not even qualified. The lady that was put in two days ago has never tried a case. They are being put in position to answer to their heritage foundation masters it’s sad and corrupt to the core, but you won’t care because you believe they are fighting for “you” and not just taking money out of your pocket.

Reactions: 0rangeSlice
The people he is filling them with are not even qualified. The lady that was put in two days ago has never tried a case. They are being put in position to answer to their heritage foundation masters it’s sad and corrupt to the core, but you won’t care because you believe they are fighting for “you” and not just taking money out of your pocket.
You mean qualified like 3 of the 4 idiots that testified before the House this week?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT