ADVERTISEMENT

What are you hoping to get for Christmas?

I bought it last night in a gunbroker auction. 1950s era Browning Superposed 12 gauge.

Oh...that’s awesome. I have one, It’s about a 1955, but it’s a paper weight now...both barrels have some significant bulges and the lock up on close is loose. The chance of it blowing apart with even a low power shell scares me enough. I know a nice one, Belgian made, would bring a pretty penny. Unfortunately, mine was my wife’s dads gun, and he used it pretty hard back in the day. I guess it must have had some mud in the barrel on a hunt and he took a shot anyway, hence the damage.

For my wife to land a professor job at one of the universities I prefer and not drag me to some BFE place where finding work for me is scarce.

For my wife to land a professor job at one of the universities I prefer and not drag me to some BFE place where finding work for me is scarce.
Welcome to:

Jonesboro, AR
Starkville, MS
Clemson, SC
Urbana, IL
Manhattan, KS
Las Cruces, NM
Ithaca, NY
Stores, CT
Fresno, CA
Corvallis, OR
Lubbock, TX
Laramie, WY
Pullman, WA

Reactions: EvilPOKES
Out of your list, the only ones with decent agecon departments are KState, Cornell, WSU, and Illinois. I have put a firm NO on manhattan. Pullman is a tough sell for me. Cornell wouldn't be bad since it is combined with traditional Econ and they pay very well. Champaign-Urbana is a dumped and she has academic family-tree people there and she wouldn't go there knowing what she does from them.

My personal preference is to either stay at Purdue (which is not happening) or Michigan State. Big area where I could find work relatively easy and a decent cost of living. Her academic grandpa is the hiring chair for the position at MSU, but it is an open-rank job and we know several assistant and associates have applied. So not looking good for a fresh PhD.

I want a 4 day vacay with no kids. The Ms. just set it up, to wherever she wants, and I contribute nothing and make no decisions.

OSU basketball success.

I don't want anything else that goes in my home. I don't want any more shit.

Pullman, WA

Las Cruces, NM

LOL come one, Las Cruces isn't bad. I've never been to Pullman. If it's bad, Leach is really due to get a good HC gig somewhere good.

I want a 4 day vacay with no kids. The Ms. just set it up, to wherever she wants, and I contribute nothing and make no decisions.

OSU basketball success.

I don't want anything else that goes in my home. I don't want any more shit.

LOL come one, Las Cruces isn't bad. I've never been to Pullman. If it's bad, Leach is really due to get a good HC gig somewhere good.
I actually like Las Cruses but it is rather remote. My family enjoys going to White Sands when it is not windy.

I chose to stay at Arky State than become the President of the Wazzu Foundation. It was weird, I went to Seattle twice to interview and when I said no they almost let me live in Seattle and not Pullman.

Oh...that’s awesome. I have one, It’s about a 1955, but it’s a paper weight now...both barrels have some significant bulges and the lock up on close is loose. The chance of it blowing apart with even a low power shell scares me enough. I know a nice one, Belgian made, would bring a pretty penny. Unfortunately, mine was my wife’s dads gun, and he used it pretty hard back in the day. I guess it must have had some mud in the barrel on a hunt and he took a shot anyway, hence the damage.

They aren’t too bad. They are cheaper than a new browning or beretta over under by quite a bit. Maybe you could rebarrel his gun? They also can redo the lock work

They aren’t too bad. They are cheaper than a new browning or beretta over under by quite a bit. Maybe you could rebarrel his gun? They also can redo the lock work

I’m afraid if I did I would have more in it than it’s worth. Don’t know if anyone makes barrels for those, and then it’s a little more complicated than a regular rifle or shotgun. They have to be lined up or “regulated” properly. The lock work might not be that big of a deal.

It needs the stock refinished, new barrels, lock work, and blued. To me, that’s just too much. If it was a gun that was my dads or my granddads, I might spring for it. But my wife doesn’t really care and neither does my stepson lol.

Speaking of gunbroker, there’s a Colt Sauer drilling on there that I have been drooling over for days. 12 gauge double over .243 rifle. I think the buy it now is like $5600....those Colt guns when they partnered with Sauer in the 70s are unreal in their build, and the prices they have been fetching are ridiculous. Wish my dad had bought when he was looking at the catalog in 1979 lol....

I built a rifle for my stepson for Christmas. He has been wanting to get into shooting, so I bought a little Ruger 10/22 and mounted a decent scope, changed out the bolt handle to one that’s more accessible, added a Volquartsen trigger, a better bolt lock/release, a sling, and a case to match the gun (it’s a 50th anniversary 10/22, so I got the Allen case that was made for those). Sighted it in today, should give him a nice start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT