ADVERTISEMENT

What Are They Thinking?

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
I do not understand the thinking behind the Democratic Party’s desire to throw the borders open to all comers.*

The usual thinking is they want an influx of immigrants who will vote for Democrats, which will assure power to the Party in perpetuity. But that would be a time consuming process. They will have to figure out a fool-proof method to get illegals to vote. I don’t doubt their inventiveness and intrepid willingness to accomplish such an outcome, but it would be messy and take a lot of time.

Besides, their Plan B, cheat their way to victory, has proven to be a massive success, and happened in the blink of an eye. Only disgruntled Trump supporters seem to be incensed by the outcome, and with the next election cycle they could possibly cheat their way to majorities in both houses so they could alter election rules that would guarantee them power as long as the country stays afloat.

So, with cheating as the miracle cure on their path to power, and with the seemingly easy way they get away with it, why would they still want illegal immigrants to flood the country? It makes no sense to me.

* In the interest of full disclosure, I have no issue with open borders, prefer them, in fact. My issue has more to do with offering “welfare” incentives to lure them here. I am of the opinion that if the only “welfare” they receive is from private charities or families, the wave of immigrants would be significantly lower. But I say all this as an aside to the purpose of the thread. I am an advocate of philosophical transparency. (An unfamiliar position for our friends in the Democratic Party.)

Last edited:
Ive stated it many times, but Dems being for open borders has always befuddled me. Cheap labor due to open immigration is good for companies, but its terrible for the working class, as it depresses wages. Seems like if you wan't McDonald's to pay $15/hr, the last thing you'd do is import a bunch of labor that's ecstatic making $10.

Ive stated it many times, but Dems being for open borders has always befuddled me. Cheap labor due to open immigration is good for companies, but its terrible for the working class, as it depresses wages. Seems like if you wan't McDonald's to pay $15/hr, the last thing you'd do is import a bunch of labor that's ecstatic making $10.
Yeah, I was about to say that they solve that problem with more money printing, but even they can't ignore/deny inflation forever.

1. Cheap labor for their wealthy donors

2. Votes to be purchased with table scraps

Reactions: iasooner2000
Another minority to put on the plantation

Keep in mind, Bernie would openly discuss this not that long ago until suddenly he wouldn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT