ADVERTISEMENT

What are these yellow tent looking things out in the fields

purkey

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
along I35 north. Look like tents or some kind of blind? I saw them off of I35 north of Stillwater...actually, I think even north of Perry off I35 on the west side. I'm guessing 30 feet long and maybe 10 ft tall and look like inflatables. What the heck are they? Sitting on dirt but it's a plowed field. Are they growing mary jane?

Haven't seen them but am curious as to if they are related to a wind energy project?

Could they be cotton bales or modules?
images

No. That’s not them. They were strung along like that but just a different shape.

nope, that's not it either. It is completely canvas or nylon . They aren't that tall but about that long.

Could it be a string of shade canopies for working on a pipeline? All pipes lead to Cushing eventually.

Could it be a string of shade canopies for working on a pipeline? All pipes lead to Cushing eventually.
don't think that's it either. I guess I gonna have to drive north on I35 and get a pic...if they're still up.

I would bet they are bee shelters. Especially if they are in alfalfa fields.

I would bet they are bee shelters. Especially if they are in alfalfa fields.
I haven’t seen the bee shelters in Ok but have in Canada. Will look like a miniature circus tent of sorts . Great call bville

oak-church-interlake-pics-014.jpg

These are similar to one I have seen in fields in canada

there are lined up right next to each other side by side. Looks like a couple of groups of maybe 10 or 12. Bigger than those blue ones in the picture.

I've got family members driving down to okc from kansas city and told them to be on the lookout and take pictures. we will see.

I'm betting they are cotton modules...that pic is so small it's hard to tell. Those were up by Wellington, ks...not in Oklahoma. They don't look exactly like the ones I saw in Oklahoma but my memory may be a bit flawed and they may be the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT