ADVERTISEMENT

What are the chances of Rex Holt being put out to pasture?

J. Carl, LeRoy Smith, and Hardell Moore would all be viable. J. Carl was awesome in the days Esposito wrestled. I really have a hard time following Rex.

I don’t mind Rex. I do think our announcer should travel with the team on road trips. Big time programs shouldn’t watch internet feeds and call matches!
I hope this is not one of y’all or your dad, but the guy with the cowboy hat that announces our home matches needs to go.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I hope this is not one of y’all or your dad, but the guy with the cowboy hat that announces our home matches needs to go.

I was introduced to wrestling by Bob Dellinger in 1978 and IMO he was the best so there was nowhere to go but down.

I remember the first match after he retired from the mic (don't remember the year) and it was like turning on my favorite TV show and finding that they had replaced one of my favorite supporting actors.

I was introduced to wrestling by Bob Dellinger in 1978 and IMO he was the best so there was nowhere to go but down.

I remember the first match after he retired from the mic (don't remember the year) and it was like turning on my favorite TV show and finding that they had replaced one of my favorite supporting actors.
So is Old #9 the GIA wrestling announcer?

• Haha
Reactions: Chasingthirty-five
No, and I don't like the current guy either. Too bombastic for my taste. I also hate any music (or tapping sounds/whatever) played while wrestling is ongoing. I'm assuming that the wrestlers like their intro songs and that's great. Before, ok; after ok, but not during short breaks between periods.

I don't need music to pump me up for a match and I certainly don't need it (or some other noise) to keep me engaged/awake during the match. Let me hear the coaches, the crowd, the wrestlers, the whistle and the band.

No, and I don't like the current guy either. Too bombastic for my taste. I also hate any music (or tapping sounds/whatever) played while wrestling is ongoing. I'm assuming that the wrestlers like their intro songs and that's great. Before, ok; after ok, but not during short breaks between periods.

I don't need music to pump me up for a match and I certainly don't need it (or some other noise) to keep me engaged/awake during the match. Let me hear the coaches, the crowd, the wrestlers, the whistle and the band.

You must leave before heavyweight...

I don’t mind Rex. I do think our announcer should travel with the team on road trips. Big time programs shouldn’t watch internet feeds and call matches!
There have to be better options on all fronts

I’m with you. I HATE the “on hold” music during the match. Awful

Last edited:
Rex needs to go, he is terrible. J Carl has been great but he has lost a step. Lee Roy is not the answer, a bit slower than J Carl and we need to move on with the new young coach. Hardell is great and we need to find another great young guy to go along with the new direction.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
There have to be better options on all fronts

I’m with you. I HATE the “on hold” music during the match. Awful
Thought I was the only one that felt like this. Whoever is in charge of our creative match/show production is absolutely horrible.
I'm glad that there are others who feel as I do. Last time I complained about it I was shot down.

IMO the pre-dual production is great but it's the show that goes in during the dual that I dislike; Wrestling is the show. The only music I need to hear is a wrestler's intro music (if that's what it's called) and the band.

Then you use meth…
What the hell does that mean? I don't understand why my initial comments would make you think I would leave before heavyweight.

I've been a season ticket holder for 45 years and I've never left before heavyweight. I've only missed about 5 matches for business travel in all those years and two this passed season because of hip replacement.

What the hell does that mean? I don't understand why my initial comments would make you think I would leave before heavyweight.

I've been a season ticket holder for 45 years and I've never left before heavyweight. I've only missed about 5 matches for business travel in all those years and two this passed season because of hip replacement.
I bolder the part in the post above about being awake…then I mentioned leaving before heavyweight.

-Doucet is the most boring Wrestler in our recent history.
-people fall asleep during his performances.

You said you never leave early implying that you watch heavyweight and don’t fall asleep.

-implies the use of an upper because Doucet could put Bobby Possumcodd to sleep.

*so it was a joke, relax

and get rid of the damn flashing lights!

Reactions: Pokewood
Listening to Rex yesterday and he is clueless on our current wrestling situation. He did know that Carroll was dropping to 197 but he was adamant that it was only for one year and then he would bulk up to hwt. He also made several other comments that I found strange about the team.
I realize that he is neck-deep in baseball right now but he has a lot of catching up to do on the wrestling program.

Reactions: AtownPoke
Listening to Rex yesterday and he is clueless on our current wrestling situation. He did know that Carroll was dropping to 197 but he was adamant that it was only for one year and then he would bulk up to hwt. He also made several other comments that I found strange about the team.
I realize that he is neck-deep in baseball right now but he has a lot of catching up to do on the wrestling program.
Tends to talk with lots of confidence and not really acknowledge what he doesn’t know. He’s fine for play by play in baseball… plenty of time between actions, lol. I’d love to hear a fresh voice commentating wrestling, someone genuinely interested in the sport. These days it doesn’t even have to be someone onsite.

You guys have talked me into it.

I'll do it if OSU, NCAA and all channels accept a hold harmless for anything I may say or yell during a match.

They will also have to accept that I will make a conscious, failing attempt to announce in unbiased fashion.

I bolder the part in the post above about being awake…then I mentioned leaving before heavyweight.

-Doucet is the most boring Wrestler in our recent history.
-people fall asleep during his performances.

You said you never leave early implying that you watch heavyweight and don’t fall asleep.

-implies the use of an upper because Doucet could put Bobby Possumcodd to sleep.

*so it was a joke, relax

pretend you are speaking to your grandpa

not everything on a message board is two men enter one man leave

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT