ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia

Harleycowboy

All-American
Feb 23, 2006
It is 27 to 0 going into 174. Neither G or Smith are wrestling again. Pic and Witcraft had tech falls. Hone won a decision with Lewallen winning by pin. Sheets and Wittlake won by majors.

Shomers wins by Major and so the score is 31 to 0. Montalvo wins by 1st period pin and so the score is 37 to 0. The big match at 97 coming up. Actually this did not turn out to be a big match Geer got pinned in the first period Noah Adams who is rated 2 at 97.

Last edited:
Witlake and Sheets both steadily improving. Witlake now in the top 10 and sits at 16-1.

Montalvo gets a 1st period pin and Geer gets pinned in first period. Seth Duckworth mentioned the possibility of Geer moving down to 184 and Andrew Marsden coming back to wrestle 197. I think that is probably the best option, but Montalvo's recent improvements make it a tough call.

Shomers wins by Major and so the score is 31 to 0. Montalvo wins by 1st period pin and so the score is 37 to 0. The big match at 97 coming up. Actually this did not turn out to be a big match Geer got pinned in the first period Noah Adams who is rated 2 at 97.
We did not finish good with Putnam losing by decision in overtime. Very boring match.

Thought we looked real sharp up and down the lineup. We also seem to be in great shape. We aren’t the most talented team but we’ve got 10 guys who you never really have to question their effort.

Don’t want to spike the football yet because he is just getting started but Wittlake looks like he is going to be a big contributor for us over his career. He is a good reminder that you should never give up on a kid early in their career (in his case before he ever wrestled an official match).

It's odd how much I like this team considering their ranking. I think we are going to have several guys that will be a lot of fun to follow at Nationals. I could see a surprise top 6 or 7 finish. One of you guys mentioned above that all 10 guys wrestle hard. I agree totally. Add Daton, Brock, Gfeller and the incoming recruits and this will be a formidable group next season. Picc will be some big shoes to fill.

Adams was the best chance the big12 had at a National champ this year? Lujan probably even money with him. Next best chance would of been Carr?

Adams was the best chance the big12 had at a National champ this year? Lujan probably even money with him. Next best chance would of been Carr?

We will never know, but I had Adams as one of the early round upsets. And I can’t see him beating a Collin Moore. Lujan is a reasonable pick as 84 became wide open when Zaid was removed from the equation.

Reactions: osu2082
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT