ADVERTISEMENT

Well, did not take Joe long to start a war....

Tried to tell the leftist that Biden would get us involved in more wars but as usual they refused to listen. Hell they don't care, like every other leftist policy they implement they are not the ones that will suffer the consequences.

Weird.

I thought you guys were big on being tough on Iran.
I think a majority of us feel that if you hit them with sanctions that does more damage. Notice that they change their tune once a Democrat is in office? Personally, I believe this is all for show. biden already said that he is going to get back into the Iran peace accord or whatever it’s called.

Weird.

I thought you guys were big on being tough on Iran.

I am. Carpet bomb them until they surrender (whoever they is) and keep soldiers out of harms way. We could solve our ten biggest problems in geo politics if someone would grow a sack and bleed it out.

we all know this is a total whack a mole move just like the thousands we have done before.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I think a majority of us feel that if you hit them with sanctions that does more damage. Notice that they change their tune once a Democrat is in office? Personally, I believe this is all for show. biden already said that he is going to get back into the Iran peace accord or whatever it’s called.

I think that no matter what Joe did, it would not be accepted.

I think a big majority of posters here already suffer from Biden Derangement Syndrome every bit as extreme as the TDS Sufferers they anointed here.

It is all about hypocrisy, Dems warned Trump would have us in a World War in his first weeks in office.

Then there is this.....

Past Biden, Psaki tweets criticizing Trump resurface after new Syria airstrikes

All politicians are hypocritical lying scum

So the standard we don't like Iran so Syria takes a missile. That's like OSU getting banned from NCAA tournament because Kansas did something illegal. Lol. What a great administration killing babies before they even got going. Did we need to wag the dog already? What a joke.

I think that no matter what Joe did, it would not be accepted.

I think a big majority of posters here already suffer from Biden Derangement Syndrome every bit as extreme as the TDS Sufferers they anointed here.

Can you provide an example of something Biden has done that conservatives should be supportive of? If Biden does something we agree with we will give him credit for it, just like we did when the Obama administration gave the order to take out Bin Laden.

Posters in this thread are pointing out the leftist hypocrisy.

Can you provide an example of something Biden has done that conservatives should be supportive of? If Biden does something we agree with we will give him credit for it, just like we did when the Obama administration gave the order to take out Bin Laden.

Posters in this thread are pointing out the leftist hypocrisy.

You do remember this thread is about Biden “starting” a new war, which is inaccurate, because it is really just a continuation/escalation of a war that Trump started. And Trump’s initiation of conflict in Syria was applauded by people who identified as conservative. So it’s a tad hypocritical for those same conservatives to criticize Biden for doing what they applauded Trump for doing. Of course the people on the other side of the aisle, the ones who condemned Trump’s adventurism, have now switched positions and cheer military actions that Biden did that they criticized when Trump did it. If ever there was an issue that clarified the hypocrisy of “team politics” this would be it.

For someone who holds himself out as a Both Sides Pussy, you sure do spend a lot of time defending the left and arguing with the right. Was Jeff Flake your write-in candidate for president? That’s my guess, since you never had the sack to tell us.

schadenfreude boy is silent with syskatine daily destruction...seems that would satisfy his need easily.

You do remember this thread is about Biden “starting” a new war, which is inaccurate, because it is really just a continuation/escalation of a war that Trump started. And Trump’s initiation of conflict in Syria was applauded by people who identified as conservative. So it’s a tad hypocritical for those same conservatives to criticize Biden for doing what they applauded Trump for doing. Of course the people on the other side of the aisle, the ones who condemned Trump’s adventurism, have now switched positions and cheer military actions that Biden did that they criticized when Trump did it. If ever there was an issue that clarified the hypocrisy of “team politics” this would be it.
Sorry Obumer got us into and stuck in Syria. Had the red line that you could not cross ten times or more depending on how weak we are today. Trump just finished it and left. Let's at least get the history right.

As far as I'm concerned if we feel the need to use force against these countries we should unleash such overwhelming force that they either immediately submit or get wipe off the face of the map. The only problem I have with what Biden did is it was the equivalent of a popcorn fart but that is not what this thread is about. It's about the left's hypocrisy on similar situation when they are in charge. If they thought it was wrong for Trump then it should be wrong for Biden but because Biden has a D beside his name the leftist are hunky dory with it.

Sorry Obumer got us into and stuck in Syria. Had the red line that you could not cross ten times or more depending on how weak we are today. Trump just finished it and left. Let's at least get the history right.

We can argue about the history of the fighting in Syria. The point is when Trump bombed the Syrian airfield early in his administration, with justification that was even weaker than this time with Biden, conservatives and Republicans cheered wildly at his “get tough” attitude. (And, yes, I admit there were plenty of war-hungry Democrats that joined in, but there were just as many Democrats that viciously criticized him.). When Trump left office we still had troops in Syria, they had been repositioned under the justification they would “protect the oil reserves.” While there was a withdrawal of troops of sorts, that withdrawal was replaced with relentless bombing from drones, which in its own way contributed to the massive storm of immigrants that flooded into Europe, wreaking havoc on our allies while Trump banned them from coming to America.

All of that ignores the point I was trying to
make. “Team Politics” is a massive display of hypocrisy from both sides. They switch positions as easily as you change your shirt, all the while dehumanizing the other side as unprincipled and evil wannabe tyrants. They play their bases for suckers. They have learned how to manipulate the pawns of their team to accept whatever they tell them. It needs to stop, but I don’t know if it ever will. I don’t know if it can be stopped.

Reactions: TD_4OSU
As far as I'm concerned if we feel the need to use force against these countries we should unleash such overwhelming force that they either immediately submit or get wipe off the face of the map. The only problem I have with what Biden did is it was the equivalent of a popcorn fart but that is not what this thread is about. It's about the left's hypocrisy on similar situation when they are in charge. If they thought it was wrong for Trump then it should be wrong for Biden but because Biden has a D beside his name the leftist are hunky dory with it.

I would ask who you think the “we” is that gets to decide the need to attack other countries. It’s supposed to be Congress, right? But Congress has cowardly handed off the decision to the president, no matter who he is or which party he represents. He has been given dictatorial power to decide. It has led us into forever war, cost us thousands of lives of our young citizens, trillions of dollars from our treasure, murdered hundreds of thousands of foreign citizens (most of whom bear no responsibility for the sins of their dictators) which has justifiably caused them to hate us with enough zeal to swell the ranks of outfits like ISIS.

I agree one hundred percent with your analysis of the recent bombing in Syria authorized by Joe Biden. The response from his side is utterly hypocritical. But you are only focused on half the equation. The conservatives who denounce Biden’s action wore cheerleading costumes when Trump did exactly the same thing. They, too, are utterly hypocritical. Neither team cares a whit about what is the right (moral) thing to do. The only thing that matters to them is that their team “wins.”

It simply astounds me how so few people fail to see that,

Reactions: TD_4OSU
EvOHpWFWYAIVR3m

😁

I would ask who you think the “we” is that gets to decide the need to attack other countries. It’s supposed to be Congress, right? But Congress has cowardly handed off the decision to the president, no matter who he is or which party he represents. He has been given dictatorial power to decide. It has led us into forever war, cost us thousands of lives of our young citizens, trillions of dollars from our treasure, murdered hundreds of thousands of foreign citizens (most of whom bear no responsibility for the sins of their dictators) which has justifiably caused them to hate us with enough zeal to swell the ranks of outfits like ISIS.

I agree one hundred percent with your analysis of the recent bombing in Syria authorized by Joe Biden. The response from his side is utterly hypocritical. But you are only focused on half the equation. The conservatives who denounce Biden’s action wore cheerleading costumes when Trump did exactly the same thing. They, too, are utterly hypocritical. Neither team cares a whit about what is the right (moral) thing to do. The only thing that matters to them is that their team “wins.”

It simply astounds me how so few people fail to see that,

I disagree with your premise that Presidents do not have the authority to order military strikes. IMO Presidents should have the authority to perform military strikes without consulting Congress, especially now that Congress has become dysfunctional and makes everything political. Obama was correct when his administration took out Bin Laden. Trump was right when he sent the message that chemical weapons will not be tolerated.
My only issue with what Biden has done is the different reaction by the left. Biden, the MSM and Democrats threw a fit when Trump did the same thing and that is the point.

I disagree with your premise that Presidents do not have the authority to order military strikes. IMO Presidents should have the authority to perform military strikes without consulting Congress, especially now that Congress has become dysfunctional and makes everything political. Obama was correct when his administration took out Bin Laden. Trump was right when he sent the message that chemical weapons will not be tolerated.
My only issue with what Biden has done is the different reaction by the left. Biden, the MSM and Democrats threw a fit when Trump did the same thing and that is the point.
But, but, this is different.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I’m far removed from being a Constitutional scholar, but I’m pretty sure it gives war declaring authority to Congress, not the President. Then along came 9/11 and those feckless cowards in Congress willingly ceded authority for the President to carry out military operations at his pleasure. And we have been engaged in nonstop military adventurism ever since. We illegally invaded Syria and have retained troops in that country ever since. Trump to his credit made it clear he wanted to remove the troops, but was too weak to see to it the generals did what he ordered. And so we were still there when he left, and now Joe Biden continues Trump’s (and Obama’s and Bush’s) legacy of engaging in illegal acts of war. When Bush and Trump did it the Republicans and conservatives cheered while the Democrats and leftists howled in fury. When Obama (and now Biden) did it the Democrats and leftists twisted themselves into pretzels to justify it while the Republicans and conservatives disapproved. Do you see the hypocrisy from both sides? I’ve come to the conclusion the bilateral hypocrisy is nothing but a smokescreen - political theater, if you will - designed to keep the bases of both teams in a hate-fest against each other, keeping them distracted while the profits and power grabs roll in. If it weren’t so evil I would have to shake my head in admiration at how effectively the “swamp” has played the public for fools.

Like you said Congress seeded it's power to the executive branch, which makes it legal at this point. I don't have an issue with a President performing single strikes against terrorist seeking to do us harm without Congressional approval. Congress is nothing but a bunch of buffoons at this point.

Like you said Congress seeded it's power to the executive branch, which makes it legal at this point. I don't have an issue with a President performing single strikes against terrorist seeking to do us harm without Congressional approval. Congress is nothing but a bunch of buffoons at this point.
Well, like I said I’m no Constitutional scholar. So I’m unsure if the Constitution makes allowance for one branch of government to cede its authority to another. I’ll have to leave it up to Legal Eagles to sort that out. Knowing that governments as institutions are rapacious in their drive to obtain as much power as possible, I would not be surprised to learn that government agents would assure us it has authority to do anything it wants to do. That seems to be the reality we have lived with since at least 9/11. So while I doubt that Congress ceding it’s war making authority to the administrative branch is constitutional, it would come as no surprise to me to learn that they would claim what they did is legal.

When you say you agree with the president authorizing missile/drone strikes against terrorists that mean us harm, no one in their right mind would disagree with you. But you should clarify what you mean by the word “us” when you make that statement. If by “us” you mean American citizens peacefully residing on American soil I’m with you 100%. But I don’t think anyone believes the strikes authorized by Biden this week would fall into that category. If by “us” you mean our soldiers who have illegally invaded and occupied a sovereign foreign nation, then using the word “terrorists” becomes somewhat problematic, because those terrorists’ primary goal is to get an invading and occupying armed force out of their country.

I don’t know if you remember when Tulsi Gabbard made utter fools out of the journalists on the Morning Joe show a year or so ago. They were in righteous indignation that she opposed the mission of the troops in Syria. She bluntly asked them to name the mission. She explained that when troops are sent into harm’s way they are given a mission: this is the goal, this is why we’re asking you to risk your lives, so that this particular mission gets accomplished. She asked them what was the mission in Syria. They were dumbfounded. They had no idea what the mission was beyond it was part of the war on terror. There is about a 25 minute clip of the segment on You Tube. I’ll link a shorter 4-5 minute section.

But I would ask of you to ponder the mission before you agree with any military action any president authorized. Here’s Tulsi:

Last edited:
Well, like I said I’m no Constitutional scholar. So I’m unsure if the Constitution makes allowance for one branch of government to cede its authority to another. I’ll have to leave it up to Legal Eagles to sort that out. Knowing that governments as institutions are rapacious in their drive to obtain as much power as possible, I would not be surprised to learn that government agents would assure us it has authority to do anything it wants to do. That seems to be the reality we have lived with since at least 9/11. So while I doubt that Congress ceding it’s war making authority to the administrative branch is constitutional, it would come as no surprise to me to learn that they would claim what they did is legal.

When you say you agree with the president authorizing missile/drone strikes against terrorists that mean us harm, no one in their right mind would disagree with you. But you should clarify what you mean by the word “us” when you make that statement. If by “us” you mean American citizens peacefully residing in American soil I’m with you 100%. But I don’t think anyone believes the strikes authorized by Biden this week would fall into that category. If by “us” you mean our soldiers who have illegally invaded and occupied a sovereign foreign nation, then using the word “terrorists@ becomes somewhat problematic, because those terririst

IMO it doesn't matter whether terrorist or anyone else thinks American troops illegally invaded and occupied a sovereign nation. If they are attacking our troops, like lobbing missiles into their base areas, those threats need to be removed. I can't stand Biden but I can't fault him for removing threats to troops that have been ordered to those foreign lands. I can and do fault him and all the other leftist scumbags that attacked Trump for taking similar actions. While you may not agree with my opinions you can not say I'm a hypocrite for it, as my position is the same no matter which party hold the White House.

ADVERTISEMENT