ADVERTISEMENT

Weed-eater what is the best one for doing about an acre?

JonnyVito

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2008
Looking at getting a new one. I will weed eat and edge with it.

Then I would have to start a thread for best pooper scooper.

Why do you hate fertilizer? Are you trying to kill your lawn. Just drop some napalm, and you won't need that weedeater you were considering.

I got a new husq battery powered one, absolutely love it

doubt it would have the juice to do an acre's worth, but the build quality is fantastic

I got a new husq battery powered one, absolutely love it

doubt it would have the juice to do an acre's worth, but the build quality is fantastic
I am leaning towards this brand but the gas powered one with the 28cc engine.

Do some research but I think you'd have a hard time finding anything that holds up like a Stihl. Get a FS 56 with our without the bike handles and you wont buy another trimmer for 20 plus years. Its costs more for this option but I have the mutli-attachment one but only use it for edger and trimmer, switches out in seconds. I read that the blower isn't very powerful so I just bought a Stihl 86 blower.

I have over half an acre but if you start doing more than residential use I wouldn't go the attachment route.

Stihl%20power%20unit.jpg

Reactions: TPOKE
Do some research but I think you'd have a hard time finding anything that holds up like a Stihl. Get a FS 56 with our without the bike handles and you wont buy another trimmer for 20 plus years. Its costs more for this option but I have the mutli-attachment one but only use it for edger and trimmer, switches out in seconds. I read that the blower isn't very powerful so I just bought a Stihl 86 blower.

I have over half an acre but if you start doing more than residential use I wouldn't go the attachment route.

Stihl%20power%20unit.jpg
I would like the Stihl brand as I love my blower. I was looking at these and thought that you couldn't get the edger attachment though. The stores website only showed a straight solid shaft. I guess I will have to run over to my local dealer and check this out before I buy one. I just didn't want to have to spend another 239 for an edger. I love Stihl products.

I would like the Stihl brand as I love my blower. I was looking at these and thought that you couldn't get the edger attachment though. The stores website only showed a straight solid shaft. I guess I will have to run over to my local dealer and check this out before I buy one. I just didn't want to have to spend another 239 for an edger. I love Stihl products.

Mine is identical to the two attachments above, straight shaft trimmer which I prefer and the edger slightly curved at end. Have had it for years and no issue, just keep the inside of the attachments capped/clean and greased when not in use. My next attachment purchase will be the tiller for the wife's garden and then maybe the power broom.

Reactions: JonnyVito
I have an Echo battery trimmer and it runs for an absurdly long time on a charge. Recharge time is minimal as well. I'll never buy another gas weedeater

Reactions: The Duke
I have an Echo battery trimmer and it runs for an absurdly long time on a charge. Recharge time is minimal as well. I'll never buy another gas weedeater
Only thing with the electric ones I have experienced in the past is they don’t edge well. I like to really trench my edges next to the driveways and sidewalks. Would this do that? They would handle any weed eating I would do for the most part I don’t have any brush but I worry about edging.

Seems to have just as much if not more torque as any gas trimmer I've ever owned, but I have an electric edger/trencher and like a thin line between the grass pavement.

It's 58volts instead of the whimpy 20v models they used to sell.

Seems to have just as much if not more torque as any gas trimmer I've ever owned, but I have an electric edger/trencher and like a thin line between the grass pavement.

It's 58volts instead of the whimpy 20v models they used to sell.
Interesting I would love to switch to electric from the sense of my ears. I always do lawn work without hearing protection and am starting to pay for it

I weed eat 5 acres and have a commercial grade Echo. It's been running for about 4 years now without a single hiccup. I also would recommend a Stihl.

I have a Stihl. I like it...but for me, it's hard to pull. High compression. Of course I'm 58 and have a bad shoulder. Once I get it started, It cuts like a champ.

Oh ya bought a Stihl and I freaking love it. I am just using my old crappy one to edge the driveway and sidewalk. That thing runs smooth.

Oh ya bought a Stihl and I freaking love it. I am just using my old crappy one to edge the driveway and sidewalk. That thing runs smooth.
Dang dude. I would have sold you mine. Used it for 2 years and put it on the shelf last year when I hired it out.

I can recommend the one I have, but especially I would like to emphasize that the weed eaters that work on petrol are far worse than those that on eclectic. Of course, such strimmers have their own disadvantages. For example, I had a problem with charging the battery, but now I bought a new charger and the problem is not valid anymore. If you decide to buy an electric Weed Eater, I would recommend you to pay attention to the battery-powered they will give you. If you don't know so much about battery-powered, you can check the best Battery Powered Weed Eaters. Stay safe and have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

Stihl%20power%20unit.jpg
This is what I invested in. Just have the pole saw with extension, weed eater, blower and tiller. Love it. Problem is everyone wants to borrow it.
I’m very happy with the blower strength.

Reactions: nathajw
This is what I invested in. Just have the pole saw with extension, weed eater, blower and tiller. Love it. Problem is everyone wants to borrow it.
I’m very happy with the blower strength.

Nice. Wife wants the tiller, gonna have to pick that up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT