ADVERTISEMENT

Water heater advice

Adman513

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Yukon
We have 2 water heaters in the home, and one has completely shat the bed. The other was bought last year and still working great. The wife and I have been talking about getting a tankless one, and we're ready to finally pull the trigger on getting one. The kicker is that we want the current functioning one (closet) to move to the dead one (garage) and have a tankless one installed in its place.

So, in short:
  • Remove the dead one (garage).
  • Move the current one (closet) to the garage space.
  • Install a new tankless heater in the now vacated (closet) space.
We live in Yukon and have called 3 places, left messages, and no one is calling us back. I didn't want to call Lowe's but I feel like I'm running out of options here for help with all of that. Any advice? Just bite the bullet and call Lowe's to see if they can take care of all of that?

One of the best decisions I‘ve ever made (and I am being serious) was buying a tankless water heater 15 years ago when my daughters were toddlers. I’ve never had to worry about running out of hot water after they took showers/baths.

Do you need two separate water heaters based on how water is distributed in the home?

Yeah, we do.

Finally heard back from one of the people we called, so hopefully we can seem some action being taken. Thanks for the feedback, Cable!

Late to the question, but our house had the tankless when we moved in. I will never (if I can avoid it) go back to having a tank(s). The tankless is just so reliable and you can have every faucet in the house blasting hot water, and it does not change. That has been great when we have had visitors stay for a while.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT