ADVERTISEMENT

Watchmen on HBO

I didn't see this shaping up as needing Ozymandias to "save the day", but maybe you are right. I guess if Dr Manhattan is out of commission, and the bad guys are in the process of acquiring his powers, I could imagine the smartest man in the world being needed. However, I can't figure out how Ozy would get back from Europa. He figured out how to set up the "S.O.S" outside of the bubble he is living within, but its not like someone can send a rescue ship and bring him back in less than a decade.

Maybe you are right and Lady Trieu has figured out a way to create some kind of wormhole to bring him back.

If he doesn't some how figure in the finale what's the point of his whole post 11/2 story. I understand his role in the overall storyline but they devoted an awful lot of time to his attempts to get back to earth to just have him fail. Also don't see what other role Lady Trieu could have. Is he her father?

If he doesn't some how figure in the finale what's the point of his whole post 11/2 story. I understand his role in the overall storyline but they devoted an awful lot of time to his attempts to get back to earth to just have him fail. Also don't see what other role Lady Trieu could have. Is he her father?

Good points. I figured Jon would just bring him back, but it does seem too easy and doesn't seem to fit with what is currently happening with Jon.

No comments after the final episode? (of this season, I guess).

I thought it was really good and did a good job of tying up all the loose ends. Interested to see if Angela gains super powers. My guess is that she does and Lady Trieu did also (and survived).

Two plot holes, IMO.

First off, what's up with developing a technology to transport a bunch of people to a different location, without it being attributed to super powers? That seems like kind of a big deal, although I guess there is some groundwork there with Veidt transporting extradimensional organisms to earth (with regularity).

Secondly, why would Trieu send a probe to Europa that has the ability to retrieve a human and coat it in a substance to preserve it for a trip home that would take years? When she sent it, she wasn't expecting anyone to be there other than Dr. M.

No comments after the final episode? (of this season, I guess).

I thought it was really good and did a good job of tying up all the loose ends. Interested to see if Angela gains super powers. My guess is that she does and Lady Trieu did also (and survived).

Two plot holes, IMO.

First off, what's up with developing a technology to transport a bunch of people to a different location, without it being attributed to super powers? That seems like kind of a big deal, although I guess there is some groundwork there with Veidt transporting extradimensional organisms to earth (with regularity).

Secondly, why would Trieu send a probe to Europa that has the ability to retrieve a human and coat it in a substance to preserve it for a trip home that would take years? When she sent it, she wasn't expecting anyone to be there other than Dr. M.

I thought Dr. Manhattan was the only one who transported anyone. I was a little confused how he could have "put his powers in the egg" but still transported the people later.

The time line on Europa was always a little confusing but I think her probe saw his message and the rocket ship was sent to get him after that. Remember the Europa storyline covered ten years. There were multiple years between his message and breakout.

Overall it came together about as expected but I thought they did a great job of pulling the whole thing together. I'm not normally a fan of the SciFi / Fantasy / Comic book mainly because they just keep introducing new elements. This is by far the weirdest thing I have ever watched but extremely well done.

I thought I read an interview with the showrunner that this was a one and done thing but they sure seemed to be setting up season two last night.

Last edited:
I thought Dr. Manhattan was the only one who transported anyone. I was a little confused how he could have "put his powers in the egg" but still transported the people later.

The time line on Europa was always a little confusing but I think her probe saw his message and the rocket ship was sent to get him after that. Remember the Europa storyline covered ten years. There were multiple years between his message and breakout.

Overall it came together about as expected but I start they did a great job of pulling the whole thing together. I'm not normally a fan of the SciFi / Fantasy / Comic book mainly because they just keep introducing new elements. This is by far the weirdest thing I have ever watched.

I thought I read an interview with the showrunner that this was a one and done thing but they sure seemed to be setting up season two last night.

OK. I looked it up. It appears it is possible for a spacecraft to travel from Earth to Jupiter in 13 months, so your explanation makes sense, and solves one of the plot holes I listed.

As to the transportation...Trieu definitely transported a group of people (and a bunch of equipment) from the warehouse to her land (below the Infinity Clock).

Dr M could have put his powers into the egg at any time, IMO. He claimed to exist independently from time, and was experiencing everything at the same "time". So, his interaction with Abar in their house didn't technically take place before he transported Looking Glass/Blake/Veidt to Antarctica.

Okay. That totally sucked. What a waste of time. Screw all of you.

Okay. That totally sucked. What a waste of time. Screw all of you.

Its certainly not a mainstream show. Honestly if someone had describe it to me upfront I would of told you I had no interest. Instead I watched the first episode because of the Tulsa connection and got interested enough to watch the second and next thing I know I'm hooked. While its not my normal show I thought they did an excellent job.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Awesome news. That abomination should have been aborted during the green lighting process.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT