ADVERTISEMENT

Walsh Ironman

TheJimReaper

Starter
Aug 23, 2018
Oklahoma
We have 3 recruits competing. Mastro, Witcraft, and Balmeceda at 120, 126, and 152.

Some targets will also be there.

Braxton Brown and Jordan Williams will be there at 106

Josh Saunders at 138

Little Mastro at 145

Devin Winston at 182

AJ Ferrari at 195

At Braxton Amos at 220

We have 3 recruits competing. Mastro, Witcraft, and Balmeceda at 120, 126, and 152.

Some targets will also be there.

Braxton Brown and Jordan Williams will be there at 106

Josh Saunders at 138

Little Mastro at 145

Devin Winston at 182

AJ Ferrari at 195

At Braxton Amos at 220
What I have noticed at Iron Man Mastro wins major and pin, Witcraft wins decision and pin, Balmeceda 2 tech falls, younger Mastro won by major. I noticed Saunders won by decision. Witcraft seems to have a knee problem from seeing his 1st match. Ferrari and Winston won by 1st period pins

Last edited:
What I have noticed at Iron Man Mastro wins major and pin, Witcraft wins decision and pin, Balmeceda 2 tech falls, younger Mastro won by major. I noticed Saunders won by decision. Witcraft seems to have a knee problem from seeing his 1st match. Ferrari and Winston won by 1st period pins

Mastro's first match was very nice win. His opponent was ranked 9th in the country at the weight and Mastro won 11-1.

Reactions: osu2082
Mastro's first match was very nice win. His opponent was ranked 9th in the country at the weight and Mastro won 11-1.
His opponent was seeded 64 at the 120 weight class and so I was going to say it can't be but I looked at Flo rankings and he is ranked 9th. Hard to understand his 64th seed unless he entered late or maybe because he is in Hawaii.

Mastro wom by major to get to the quarters, Witcraft won 10 to 9 to get to quarters ( he is having knee problems) match was close with the other guy getting a 5 point move in the 3rd. Young Mastro had a wild match to get to the quarters that he came back and won 15 to 8. Balmeceda won by 1st period pin to get to the quarters. Winston and Ferrari get pins to advance to the quarters. I think that I saw where Rogers cousin got pinned in the consolations and is out of the tournament.

Last edited:
Mastro wom by major to get to the quarters, Witcraft won 10 to 9 to get to quarters ( he is having knee problems) match was close with the other guy getting a 5 point move in the 3rd. Young Mastro had a wild match to get to the quarters that he came back and won 15 to 8. Balmeceda won by 1st period pin to get to the quarters. Winston and Ferrari get pins to advance to the quarters. I think that I saw where Rogers cousin got pinned in the consolations and is out of the tournament.

I don't think Rogers is wrestling. He may have lost a wrestle-off at Blair, like little Ferrari.

Mastro won by major with 3 back points right at the end of the match. Witcraft won a close decision to get to the semi's. Young Mastro won a very close decision over one of the Cael Valencia to get to the semi's. Balmeceda won 4 to 2 to get to the semi's. He needs to be more aggressive. I watched Karchla in the quarters and he was absolutely dominating. Winston won by decision and Farrari won by pin to get to the semi's.

Last edited:
Mastro won by major with 3 back points right at the end of the match. Witcraft won a close decision to get to the semi's. Young Mastro won a very close decision over one of the Cael Valencia to get to the semi's. Balmeceda won 4 to 2 to get to the semi's. He needs to be more aggressive,
According to Intermat, Witcraft beat himself to advance. Wonder how one accomplishes that.

Reactions: osu2082
Mastro won by major with 3 back points right at the end of the match. Witcraft won a close decision to get to the semi's. Young Mastro won a very close decision over one of the Cael Valencia to get to the semi's. Balmeceda won 4 to 2 to get to the semi's. He needs to be more aggressive. I watched Karchla in the quarters and he was absolutely dominating. Winston won by decision and Farrari won by pin to get to the semi's.
Mastro with a big, last seconds of the match takedown in overtime when he was behind 2 to 1 in the last overtime period to win 3 to 2. His opponent was Bouzukis from Florida a very strong freshman(should think about recruiting this wrestler down the road if he continues to develop). Witcraft just won 8 to 3 to advance to the finals also. He won with a 5 pt. move. He is very strong. I still think he has knee troubles but he is a tough kid. Saunders won by pin and Van Ness beats DeCatur to get to the finals.

Last edited:
Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
Mastro with a big, last seconds of the match takedown in overtime when he was behind 2 to 1 in the last overtime period to win 3 to 2. His opponent was Bouzukis from Florida a very strong freshman(should think about recruiting this wrestler down the road if he continues to develop). Witcraft just won 8 to 3 to advance to the finals also. He won with a 5 pt. move. He is very strong. I still think he has knee troubles but he is a tough kid. Saunders won by pin and Van Ness beats DeCatur to get to the finals.
Young Mastro lost by decision 6 to 2 to number 1 seed Anderson. Balmeceda got more aggressive and won by tech fall over Gandara from California. Karchla won by major, Winston got pinned in overtime and Ferrari won a close decision.

Last edited:
Young Mastro lost by decision 6 to 2 to number 1 seed Anderson. Balmeceda got more aggressive and won by tech fall over Gandara from California. Karchla won by major, Winston got pinned in overtime and Ferrari won a close decision.
Balmeceda got beat 5 to 2 in the finals. The reffing in the beginning hurt Balmeceda and got hurt in giving up a reversal. Balmeceda could never do better than an escape. Bad news Dover the guy who beat him is an Oklahoma signee. Balmeceda's senior year has not been as good as his junior year and his ranking keeps dropping.

Balmeceda got beat 5 to 2 in the finals. The reffing in the beginning hurt Balmeceda and got hurt in giving up a reversal. Balmeceda could never do better than an escape. Bad news Dover the guy who beat him is an Oklahoma signee. Balmeceda's senior year has not been as good as his junior year and his ranking keeps dropping.
Karchla won at 170 beating Ramirez with a solid win. Ferrari won a decision over 3rd rated 95. Had a major but lost it in the last 10 seconds by not wrestling smart. We really need Ferrari. At HWT Schultz won easily 6 to 0 against Birchmeire.

Last edited:
Karchla won at 170 beating Ramirez with a solid win. Ferrari won a decision over 3rd rated 95. Had a major but lost it in the last 10 seconds by not wrestling smart. We really need Ferrari. At HWT Schultz won easily 6 to 0 against Birchmeire.
Mastro won 6 to 5 over the 3rd rated wrestler in the finals. He is a battler.

Witcraft won 8 to 5 over the Blair 3rd rated Colioco. Impressive! Colioco won Fargo this year tech falling Witcraft in the finals.
Van Ness a sophomore for Blair won 5 to 1. In the semi's he beat number 1 rated Jordan Decatur. Getting a Blair connection for the Cowboys would be big. Saunders won 3 to 0 to win Iron Man. Young Mastro lost 4 to 1 to Valencia and takes 4th. Iowa State got a good one in Ryan Anderson winning over Abas 11 to 1 in the finals and beat Travis in the semi's.

Last edited:
Van Ness a sophomore for Blair won 5 to 1. In the semi's he beat number 1 rated Jordan Decatur. Getting a Blair connection for the Cowboys would be big.
Both Mastro and Witcraft are battlers and Witcraft is just extremely tough and aggressive. He was leading 6-5 with few seconds to go when he got his second throw of the bout to clinch it. Harley, you were saying Witcraft was favoring his leg yesterday and twice today he looked to have dinged his shoulder on double underhooks and never stopped using them and never even took a time out.The lower weights are looking good for many years to come.

Flo rankings are out. Witcraft jumps to #2 at 126 behind Robert Howard. The older Mastro remains #1 at 120 and Balmaceda drops a spot to #5 at 152.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT