ADVERTISEMENT

Walsh Ironman 2022

Wrassler17

All-American
Mar 20, 2017
Starting a thread for the Ironman which begins tomorrow on Flo. Stillwater, Bixby, Edmond North & Broken Arrow will be competing in a stacked field. Several recruits are expected to be there including Beric Jordan, Sam Smith, Cael Hughes, AJ Heeg, Jayce Caviness, Jersey Robb & Brayden Thompson.

Flo's preview & predictions...

Reactions: DPJ and JAY45
Starting a thread for the Ironman which begins tomorrow on Flo. Stillwater, Bixby, Edmond North & Broken Arrow will be competing in a stacked field. Several recruits are expected to be there including Beric Jordan, Sam Smith, Cael Hughes, AJ Heeg, Jayce Caviness, Jersey Robb & Brayden Thompson.

Flo's preview & predictions...

I hope Beric Jordan really stands out but so many matches he struggles on the bottom. Flow showed the match he had in the finals at 106 last year at Ironman where has was good on his feet and could not take bottom because he got rode hard for a minute and a half after giving up a takedown in the 1st period. Wrassler I watched the Stillwater Boken Arrow match you posted. Beric teched his guy even though he got ridden the whole second period. Hughes has maybe a chance to wrestle number 1 at 132. Voinovich has a chance to rise because there were at least 3 wrestlers ranked above him. Lockett has a chance to wrestle Duke again. Angelo Ferrari is there. Really want to see Thompson and Heeg at 190. Also Jax Forrest has many high ranked wrestlers to challenge him this weekend. I hope this tournament goes well for our guys.

Brayden Thompson weighed in at 184.4. With the allowance, he could have been as high as 191.9.

That's a lot of weight to give up, it'll be interesting to see how he does.
1st round= Thompson dominant a tech fall, Jordan wins by tech fall even got a reversal, Smith won by major,McComas won by tech dominant on top and got a sweet duckunder, Hughes got a major lots of takedowns but tried to turn the kid but the kid battled and no back points lots of riding time, Voinovich unimpressive but wins by decision, Giddens won by major, Caveness won by decision. These are the matches I have watched so far.

Reactions: JAY45 and DPJ
1st round= Thompson dominant a tech fall, Jordan wins by tech fall even got a reversal, Smith won by major,McComas won by tech dominant on top and got a sweet duckunder, Hughes got a major lots of takedowns but tried to turn the kid but the kid battled and no back points lots of riding time, Voinovich unimpressive but wins by decision, Giddens won by major, Caveness won by decision. These are the matches I have watched so far.
2nd round Beric Jordan wins by tech fall. Lots of his takedown are not real clean but he just bombards his opponents with attack after attack. Sam Smith wins by major, close to a tech. McComas wins by decision. Forrest has won his first 2 matches by tech fall, a dominant and aggressive wrestler.

Last edited:
Cael Hughes won by 1st period fall with a cradle. Caviness wins by pin in the 2nd round, nice lat drop. Voinovich with a solid major decision in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAY45
Cael Hughes won by 1st period fall with a cradle. Caviness wins by pin in the 2nd round, nice lat drop. Voinovich with a solid major decision in the 2nd round.
Lockett wins by 2nd period pin. He did a standing switch for a reversal. Quick and explosive. Guerrero and Routledge won their 2nd round matches. Ferrari dominant and gets 2nd period pin.

Last edited:
Lockett wins by 2nd period pin. He did a standing switch for a reversal. Quick and explosive. Guerrero and Routledge won their 2nd round matches. Ferrari dominant and gets 2nd period pin.
Giddens won by injury default, was ahead 5 to 0 when injury occurred,

Thompson wins by tech fall over a Blair wrestler. Extremely dominant with takedowns and back points. Heeg overpowered his opponent with a 1st period pin.
Jersey Robb with a 1st period pin at 215. I don't know what weight he will wrestle for the Cowboys? Looks like we will have Robb, Thompson and Heeg at some point competing for the 184 and 197 weight classes. How does this look for 1 class filling our upper weights, Thompson 184, Heeg 197 and Carroll HWT and Robb also in there.

Jersey Robb with a 1st period pin at 215. I don't know what weight he will wrestle for the Cowboys? Looks like we will have Robb, Thompson and Heeg at some point competing for the 184 and 197 weight classes. How does this look for 1 class filling our upper weights, Thompson 184, Heeg 197 and Carroll HWT and Robb also in there.
Robb weighed in at 214. That's a little higher than I figured even coming off FB season. 184 might be a tough pull for him. I think Thompson could make 174 pretty easily. So maybe Thompson/Heeg/Robb/Carroll.

Reactions: turfpoke
Jax Forrest won by tech fall, his opponent battled him where Jax was only ahead 4 to 3 after 1. Jax seemed to get angry and more motivated and wrecked the guy the last 2 period. Sam Smith got beat by a Rainey 12 to 0. Sam is not in the same league as the top 10 guys at 120.

Jax Forrest won by tech fall, his opponent battled him where Jax was only ahead 4 to 3 after 1. Jax seemed to get angry and more motivated and wrecked the guy the last 2 period. Sam Smith got beat by a Rainey 12 to 0. Sam is not in the same league as the top 10 guys at 120.
Beric Jordan won by second period pin in round 3. McComas seemed the better wrestler but lost by 1 point. McComas got the takedown to tie the match with over a minute and half left but chose to ride him to 35 seconds left and then let him go and just ran out of time on a good shot at the end of the match. Poor decision by JJ and it cost him. Also he seemed have a cramp problem or something at 35 seconds.

Last edited:
Beric Jordan won by second period pin in round 3. McComas seemed the better wrestler but lost by 1 point. McComas got the takedown to tie the match with over a minute and half left but chose to ride him to 35 seconds left and then let him go and just ran out of time on a good shot at the end of the match. Poor decision by JJ and it cost him. Also he seemed have a cramp problem or something at 35 seconds.
Hughes pinned Caviness of Bixby while leading 9 to 0 in the 3rd period. Got a body lock then half with a 1 armed body lock to take Caviness right to his back. Voinovich won 3 to 1 in overtime with a takedown. Not much offense or speed by Kael in this match.

Last edited:
Hughes pinned Caviness of Bixby while leading 9 to 0 in the 3rd period. Got a body lock then half with a 1 armed body lock to take Caviness right to his back. Voinovich won 3 to 1 in overtime with a takedown. Not much offense or speed by Kael in this match.
Strong performance by Ladarion with a pin in the 3rd round. Giddins lost 12 to 7 in a match that took 20 minutes to complete because of blood timeout by his opponent that was masked. Giddins got into muscle positions several times and was overpowered.

Last edited:
Strong performance by Ladarion with a pin in the 3rd round. Giddins lost 12 to 7 in a match that took 20 minutes to complete because of blood timeout by his opponent that was masked. Giddins got into muscle positions several times and was overpowered.
Angelo Ferrari won by major and Guererro got pinned by Sealy from Penn. St. Guerrero tried a horribly failed lat drop and basically pinned himself.

Last edited:
Angelo Ferrari won by major and Guererro got pinned by Sealy from Penn. St. Guerrero tried a horribly failed lat drop and basically pinned himself. Routledge won 3 to 1 in the 3rd round.
Thompson won by pin in the 3rd round= Dominant. Heeg won by tech fall in the second period= dominant match.

Thompson won by pin in the 3rd round= Dominant. Heeg won by tech fall in the second period= dominant match.
Jersey overpowered his opponent with a standing half, put his opponent on his back for the pin. Quarterfinals are the next round and so competition gets alot better, probably.

Jax Forrest won in a minute and a half by tech fall in the quarters. We need this guy but he is just a freshman.
At 113 Jordan beat Gill 5 to 0 to get to the semi's. Takedown, 2 points back and 1 stall point when he ground Gill for the whole 3rd period riding hard.

At 113 Jordan beat Gill 5 to 0 to get to the semi's. Takedown, 2 points back and 1 stall point when he ground Gill for the whole 3rd period riding hard.
Cael Hughes got a takedown with 15 seconds left in the match and wins 3 to 1 to get to the semi's. Voinovich wins 9 to 7 in overtime with a takedown over Dupil. Ladarion won 13 to 3 over Bostelman to make the semi's. We really need this guy also a sophomore. Angelo wins 5 to 2 to get to the semi's.

Last edited:
Cael Hughes got a takedown with 15 seconds left in the match and wins 3 to 1 to get to the semi's. Voinovich wins 9 to 7 in overtime with a takedown over Dupil. Ladarion won 13 to 3 over Bostelman to make the semi's. We really need this guy also a sophomore. Angelo wins 5 to 2 to get to the semi's.
Thompson won 13 to 7 to get to the semi's. He was dominating but seemed to gas and gave up 2 takedowns in the 3rd period. Heeg won 7 to 2 but I wish he would do less bullying and more wrestling. Jersey Robb won 4 to 3 with a takedown with 25 seconds left.

Last edited:
Robb weighed in at 214. That's a little higher than I figured even coming off FB season. 184 might be a tough pull for him. I think Thompson could make 174 pretty easily. So maybe Thompson/Heeg/Robb/Carroll.

I would bet he is around 200 in 3-4 weeks. Not sure where they want him this year but he worked hard to put weight on this season for football.

Robb looked real big in the match I saw tonight. I was thinking potential bulk job if he kept it up.

Reactions: ionel
Jersey is 197 100%. He can not ever go heavy weight. He is a short guy with short arms .

Last edited:
Reactions: osu2082
Jersey is 197 100%. He can not ever go heavy weight. He is a short guy with short arms .
I just started watching and Sam Smith and JJ McComas lost close matches in 6th round consolations and Giddens won a close decision.

Yea he does not have the height or length to be a heavy. It’s possible he starts out at 184. Just have to see how he develops physically when he gets here.

I just started watching and Sam Smith and JJ McComas lost close matches in 6th round consolations and Giddens won a close decision.
Beric Jordan won 6 to 1 with 3 takedowns and chose neutral with his choice. His opponent Desmond rated 6th at 113 chose top and dominated Jordan but couldn't quite turn Beric. Beric very good on his feet, good rider but poor on the bottom.

Beric Jordan won 6 to 1 with 3 takedowns and chose neutral with his choice. His opponent Desmond rated 6th at 113 chose top and dominated Jordan but couldn't quite turn Beric. Beric very good on his feet, good rider but poor on the bottom.
At 120 Jax Forrest tech falled his opponent Lauridson who is rated 12th at 120 and beat Raney who is rated 3rd and pinned Forrest recently. Jax was smoking Raney before getting caught in a cradle. Jax is unbelievably aggressive and dominates on his feet and on the mat but does make some mistakes.

At 120 Jax Forrest tech falled his opponent Lauridson who is rated 12th at 120 and beat Raney who is rated 3rd and pinned Forrest recently. Jax was smoking Raney before getting caught in a cradle. Jax is unbelievably aggressive and dominates on his feet and on the mat but does make some mistakes.
Big win by Hughes over Robinson rated 9th 4 to 3 with a takedown and rideout with 30 seconds left in the match. Hughes will wrestle Lemley whose number 1 and beat Zuggit with a takedown with 1 second left in the match.

Big win by Hughes over Robinson rated 9th 4 to 3 with a takedown and rideout with 30 seconds left in the match. Hughes will wrestle Lemley whose number 1 and beat Zuggit with a takedown with 1 second left in the match.
Voinovich lost 6 to 4 to Mac Church. Church seems to be a jerk but Voinovich got taken down in the 1st and rode out. Voinovich did win the 3rd period.

Last edited:
Sounds like another 125 wrestler we have…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT