ADVERTISEMENT

Walsh Ironman 2022

I though it was interesting after the Ironman that Angelo was interviewed and said he still trains occasionally with the Stillwater kids.Lockett,Voinovich,etc.

5.5 lbs isn't much smaller at 190 right?

Well there is a good chance the other guy cut to get down to 190 at weigh ins. Braydon obviously didn’t so the actual weight difference was likely bigger.

Reactions: DPJ
What's really impressive is that Brayden took 2nd at 86 KG at the Bill Farrell last month. It's very rare to see a guy wrestle up at the senior level and be successful.

I wonder what the plan is next year. Redshirt Thompson or redshirt Plott and let Thompson and Wittlake wrestle?

Thompson will break whittlake if Whitt doesn’t shoot. He is so mentally tuffffffffff

I wish we could have landed Swiderski that’s at Iowa State that kid is going to be a champ one day

Reactions: Harleycowboy
I wonder what the plan is next year. Redshirt Thompson or redshirt Plott and let Thompson and Wittlake wrestle?
Good question. Been trying to figure out how everyone fits the next few years. Haas, Heeg & Robb have to factor in somewhere too. Going to be interesting.

Good question. Been trying to figure out how everyone fits the next few years. Haas, Heeg & Robb have to factor in somewhere too. Going to be interesting.
I forgot about Haas. Maybe redshirt Plott, Thompson, and Heeg, then roll with Wittlake, Haas and Surber.

I suspect Thompson and Heeg will win out. Jersey might jump a Level being solely focused on one sport though.

Last I heard he was going 285
Carroll wrestled 285 this year, but IndianaMat and Willie no longer have him ranked (Flo still does). Maybe he's done competing for the season as previously posted on here.

Also, Willie has Kolter Burton at 113 but I see he's been wrestling at 120 this year.

Well there is a good chance the other guy cut to get down to 190 at weigh ins. Braydon obviously didn’t so the actual weight difference was likely bigger.
there was a 2 lb allowance and he weighed in at 190. If he was cutting, he was kicking himself for not knowing he had a 2 lb allowance.

Just looking at the two they looked fairly similar in size.

there was a 2 lb allowance and he weighed in at 190. If he was cutting, he was kicking himself for not knowing he had a 2 lb allowance.

Just looking at the two they looked fairly similar in size.
Track shows he weighed in at 184.4. He must've not wanted to cut down to 175

With Stillwater high school being the number # 2 program in the nation . I believe Oklahoma State results trend similar to the in state talent . Getting Thompson and Carrol out of state talent are big recruiting wins for the future.

Reactions: JAY45 and DPJ
With Stillwater high school being the number # 2 program in the nation . I believe Oklahoma State results trend similar to the in state talent . Getting Thompson and Carrol out of state talent are big recruiting wins for the future.

It also speaks to some of the doubts about the talent level in the State. Stillwater finished ahead of all of those high profile prep schools (and everyone else), save one.

It’s still a very important sport in the State, with some excellent programs.

SHS is essentially OSU’s feeder system.

Every in-state guy we get saves money for an out of state stud. That’s why these move-ins are so great. I hope Robb developes with focusing on one sport. Otherwise he’s just a good, not great guy. Haas is interesting. His offense got shut down at the end of his HS career. But he seems to have maybe improved a lot. So maybe he’s back to being really good. I’m not sure about Heeg. He could have a chance. Surber’s ok but not a world beater. I like Doucette’s improvement of his body, but now he needs to wrestle.

Reactions: driad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT