ADVERTISEMENT

Walking Shoes

Inky29

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2001
Heading to Disney in a few months and honestly about the only thing I hate about it is just how bad my feet hurt. I figure I probably need to get some decent shoes to see if it helps at all. Should I go see someone like Fred to get the low down as to what type of shoe would best work for me or am I just overthinking this?

Heading to Disney in a few months and honestly about the only thing I hate about it is just how bad my feet hurt. I figure I probably need to get some decent shoes to see if it helps at all. Should I go see someone like Fred to get the low down as to what type of shoe would best work for me or am I just overthinking this?

Inky, go to a reputable running store and have them fit you.

Reactions: Inky29
Dumb question, what's a reputable running store? Didn't know they existed.

Well in Oklahoma there are stores like OK Runner. I bet there are similar, and probably more in Dallas.

Quick google showed Run On, Dallas running company and Luke’s locker.

New balance will fit you too FYI.

Reactions: BluegrassPoke
No, you are not overthinking! On the contrary, it's lovely that you are trying to think in advance and plan your trip!
I know from my own experience how important it is to pick comfortable shoes. You don't want your day to be ruined because your feet hurt. I guess, for the Disneyland trip, the best shoes will be sneakers or running shoes. They are comfy and specially designed for long-time movement. Or if the weather is cold, you can get some comfortable boots. Usually, I order mine from https://rockroosterfootwear.com/collections/ak-australian-collection . Really comfy, I recommend it!

Last edited:
I track how much we walk through the parks. It’s typically over 10 miles a day and closer to a mini marathon at Epcot.

People in flip flops are idiots causing long-term damage.

I do know everyone love Allbirds for walking.

My only other advice is it’s usually the insole type not the shoe cushion. Too much cushion could be what’s making it worse.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had to remember why I was being quote replies. Didn't know what I had said.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Brooks Ghost. Current model is 13, I think. Should cost about $130. Depending on your size, you might be able to find earlier models on Amazon for under $100. Brooks Revel (about $100) is probably not quite as good a shoe (at least that's what "running snobs" say), but it should be decent for walking around an amusement park. Since it's been 2 years, you're probably due for a return trip.

PS: I have no experience with Hoka brand, but i hear they're great shoes as well.

Brooks Ghost. Current model is 13, I think. Should cost about $130. Depending on your size, you might be able to find earlier models on Amazon for under $100. Brooks Revel (about $100) is probably not quite as good a shoe (at least that's what "running snobs" say), but it should be decent for walking around an amusement park. Since it's been 2 years, you're probably due for a return trip.

PS: I have no experience with Hoka brand, but i hear they're great shoes as well.
I have two pairs of Hoka’s. They have some stability shoes designed for pronation. I just ordered a pair of shoes from these people and will report back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT