ADVERTISEMENT

Walk behind mower recs

EvilPOKES

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2008
Earth
Been using a Toro Super Recycler Personal Pace 22" with 163cc engine. Been an ok mower, just tired of the lack of power. Several spots in the yard are relatively thick and this mower just doesn't have the juice to cut it, even when completely dry grass.

I have had to get it service all three seasons of use. Just want something stronger and better.

Kind of a weird time to purchase, but after the mower stopped about 10 times today, I've had enough of it.

Hire someone. Much less stress, no equipment required.

I don't mind mowing and sometimes enjoy it. Plus, we have two bee hives and doubt many would want to mow around them.

So wanting a mower replacement.

I understand. I actually don't mind cutting the grass either. Find it relaxing. Don't like bee's tho.

My only complaints I can come up, well two, in my research so far is getting a large engine might limit the models, and getting a larger deck (if I wanted one) doesn't look like an option.

Two of my neighbors have DRs and really like them. They have a 26" deck with a 200cc and a 30" with 223cc. Going to see if a showroom has them around for me to check them out in person.

I live on over a half acre lot and mow it all with a Toro Timemaster. Honda's are fantastic, but the dual blade/30 inch deck was a gamechanger. Cut my mow times in half.

127-6818_13248_600.jpg

I live on over a half acre lot and mow it all with a Toro Timemaster. Honda's are fantastic, but the dual blade/30 inch deck was a gamechanger. Cut my mow times in half.

127-6818_13248_600.jpg
Looking at this one as an alternative. I wish they had a 26" deck option like DR has.

127-6818_13248_600.jpg
Same. Have acre with about 3/4 requires mowing. Works really well. My only complaint is needing a little more self propel for an elevation change on one side of my property.

Otherwise my best outdoor investment.

Reactions: EvilPOKES
I ended up going to Kinnunens here in Stillwater. Sales guy gave me a nice discount on a Honda HRX model. Going to have the maiden now this afternoon :)

Have watched an ass ton of reviews on the HRX models, think I'm going to be happy. Plus, spent about $5-600 less than I expected. No complaints there. Means I can get 1 extra beer at the game on Saturday.

I want the Scag stand up riding mower to know out the yards like this. Push mowing dropped me to high school weight and measurement numbers this hot ass summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT