ADVERTISEMENT

Visiting LA

Inky29

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2001
I've got to run out to LA for a few days and will have plenty of down time. I've never been there before, what are some places that I have to visit or eat?

I've got to run out to LA for a few days and will have plenty of down time. I've never been there before, what are some places that I have to visit or eat?
If you’re into like the old school classic places I’ll give you a few.

Philippe (original French dip), Dan Tana (Italian), golden Bull (steak), factors deli, Cielito lindo (rolled tacos), pinks (hot dogs)

Reactions: Inky29
Take a drive through skid row. You gotta see it to believe it.

Reactions: Inky29
Yeah, I drive in DFW all the time but I hear it's even worse in LA.

LA sucks, but those calling it the worst city in the country have obviously never been to Houston or Frisco. Hit up Santa Monica, hike at the Griffith Observatory, check out Venice Beach, Malibu, and Rodeo Drive. Maybe drive around old Hollywood. It sucks overall but it is still fun and in the most geographically gifted state in the union.

LA sucks, but those calling it the worst city in the country have obviously never been to Houston or Frisco. Hit up Santa Monica, hike at the Griffith Observatory, check out Venice Beach, Malibu, and Rodeo Drive. Maybe drive around old Hollywood. It sucks overall but it is still fun and in the most geographically gifted state in the union.

santa monica to malibu is cool

Make sure to see Skid Row also.

If you’re into like the old school classic places I’ll give you a few.

Philippe (original French dip), Dan Tana (Italian), golden Bull (steak), factors deli, Cielito lindo (rolled tacos), pinks (hot dogs)
I would add Musso and Frank to that list. Over 100 yr's at this point, featured in any number of books, tv shows and movies.

Morton's Prime Rib and just across the street, the Stinking Rose (if you love garlic and if they've reopened.)

The first is in "Old" Hollywood and #2 & #3 are in Beverly Hills.

Last edited:
You dead OP?

Nope, had to push the trip back for a few months because of a family illness situation. Still planning on going but may not be until next fall now.

Reactions: squeak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT