ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Democrats Block Bill That Would Require Schools To Promptly Notify Students Of Academic Honors

Can anyone of he boards leftist explain why Virginia Democrats are against this bill?
If there was no such thing as “public education” or “public schools” as I think there should not be, this would not be an issue that separates people in anger. Those parents who want to be notified if their child does something special would have schools that would notify them. While “Democrat parents” would have schools that don’t notify them. Everybody gets what they want. See how easy that would be?

If there was no such thing as “public education” or “public schools” as I think there should not be, this would not be an issue that separates people in anger. Those parents who want to be notified if their child does something special would have schools that would notify them. While “Democrat parents” would have schools that don’t notify them. Everybody gets what they want. See how easy that would be?

How would you describe our education system structure devoid of public schools? How would better across-the-board results be achieved?

carry on

How would you describe our education system structure devoid of public schools? How would better across-the-board results be achieved?

carry on
If there were a free market in education results would matter. There would be a wide range of schools, each of which would scramble to find its niche. For example some schools would find it propitious to inform parents of their child’s superior work, and parents who found that to be of value would choose to enroll their child there. Other schools would believe in the name of equity that superior work should not be acknowledged and Democrat parents would rush to enroll their children there. The marketplace would satisfy all educational desires. Some schools would thrive and expand, others would wither away and close. “Public education” OTOH by its nature requires a one-size-fits-all approach which often ends in a donnybrook of chaos as opposing methods relentlessly clash in a power struggle to see which side gets control, leaving half the people dissatisfied and furious. There is no reason to think a free market in education would not work, it works everywhere it’s utilized.

Children of parents that value education would receive top flight educations, while those that don't would have the same pathetic results we see today.
Not saying we should end public education but at the same time, if the goal is to improve our children's education major reforms need to be made. If you are a parent that values education for your children you should be able to use what ever the government pays for that child's education in a school of their choice.
Public education brought this on themselves. They have dumbed down schools so more kids can advance, started indoctrinating kids on controversial social issues all while ignoring the desires of those that pay for public education. SInce you are not one that writes a check for a ridiculous amount each year to fund public education, let me put it into terms you might understand. How many places do you spend money with that ignore your desires, give you a substandard product, expect you to STFU and keep spending money with them? Probably not many.

Got it worse when I got home.
Dad was cool, he knew when I got blasted at school because no one was going to beat my ass without letting him know but he always said give him the same as any other kid.

When I got home he didn't say anything, I got my punishment at school and that was the end of it.

Imo, public education today in the US ain't nothin more than a societal study. When a superintendent makes half a million salary? Lobbying for 100's millions of bonds? No wonder we're behind the rest of the world in the sciences. Lazy uninvolved parents are also to blame.

If there were a free market in education results would matter. There would be a wide range of schools, each of which would scramble to find its niche. For example some schools would find it propitious to inform parents of their child’s superior work, and parents who found that to be of value would choose to enroll their child there. Other schools would believe in the name of equity that superior work should not be acknowledged and Democrat parents would rush to enroll their children there. The marketplace would satisfy all educational desires. Some schools would thrive and expand, others would wither away and close. “Public education” OTOH by its nature requires a one-size-fits-all approach which often ends in a donnybrook of chaos as opposing methods relentlessly clash in a power struggle to see which side gets control, leaving half the people dissatisfied and furious. There is no reason to think a free market in education would not work, it works everywhere it’s utilized.

So…based on a free market system…school vouchers would also not exist?

So…based on a free market system…school vouchers would also not exist?
Yes, in a free market system of education governmentally provided school vouchers would not exist. You see a government doesn’t do anything out of the goodness of its heart, it always attaches strings. If you think about it government doesn’t have a choice. In no time at all people would complain that schools using Method A are getting too much money, it’s not fair to Method B, everything should be equal (which is anathema to a free market concept), and that would inevitably lead to government control of teaching what is taught and how it is taught and everything world be back to bickering over who controls the one-size-fits-all that we’d be trying to get away from. Private organizations: charities, church groups, progressive or conservative organizations, individuals, corporations, etc. would be free to hand out all the vouchers they want.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT