ADVERTISEMENT

Video link for matches today.

Who is going to pay $10 to see a blow out match, especially for those already paying $10+/mo for each of a bunch of stuff like Espn+, Flo, BTN, Peacock plus our standard streaming service, and how is LR going to generate wrestling fans by charging them $10 to see a disaster?

Who is going to pay $10 to see a blow out match, especially for those already paying $10+/mo for each of a bunch of stuff like Espn+, Flo, BTN, Peacock plus our standard streaming service, and how is LR going to generate wrestling fans by charging them $10 to see a disaster?
Mastro wins a solid decision at 25 with 2 takedowns. Brock had to come back in the 3rd to win a wild decision with a takedown and 4 points for a near fall. Kaid gave up a 6 point move and was behind in the 3rd. Southern Illinois forfeited at 33. Boo won 4 to 1 at 49. Not a good match by Boo. Solid win of a ranked opponent by Harper. Wittlake won a solid decision but not aggressive enough. Solid major for Plott . Geer a tech at the end. Ferrari with a tech ,very dominant. An overtime win for Harris who got killed in the bottom position in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Most of our wrestlers seemed like Sunday drivers. Driving 20 miles per hour in second gear when the speed limit is 35.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAY45
Mastro wins 5-2
Neiman gives up a major 10-2.
Kaid wins 10-4.
Boo wins 7-3???
Jalen wins 11-3.
Witlake wins 16-3.
Plott with a Fall.
Geer with a Tech at end of second.
AJ with a Tech in the third.
Harris wins at the buzzer 6-5.
36-4 is final score.

Last edited:
Team looks pretty solid from top to bottom except for 133 & HWT. Getting Fix back in mid-Feb will help but Harris doesn't seem like the answer at HWT. Harris has had some surprising come from behind and OT wins though.

Austin Harris has the most exciting matches in college wrestling. Spates on the mic makes them even better.

Extra Matches
125: Jayden Carson F Matt Malavsky (SIUE), 1:07
125: Reece Witcraft (OSU) TF Josh Sarpy, 17-0 (3:50)
125: Jakason Burks (OSU) MD Hasan Krigger, 9-1
125: Jakason Burks (OSU) DEC Josh Sarpy, 6-1
125: Reece Witcraft (OSU) MD Hasan Krigger, 14-1
133: Jaylen Carson F Colt Newton (OSU), 1:25
133: Reece Witcraft (OSU) MD Aidan Campbell, 15-3
141: Dusty Hone (OSU) TF Austin Keal, 16-1 (3:18)
149: Kaden Gfeller (OSU) TF Kyle Prewitt, 18-1 (5:00)
149: Kaden Gfeller (OSU) DEC Joseph Bianchi, 10-4
165: Daniel Manibog (OSU) DEC Zeke Beach, 9-4
174: Christian Bahl (OSU) MD Will Edgar, 16-5
197: Luke Surber (OSU) TF Brooks Sacharczyk, 22-4
HWT: Konner Doucet (OSU) TF Caz Grabowski, 16-0 (2:42)
HWT: Josiah Hill DEC over Aric Bohn (SIUE), 3-1

Reactions: osudog and osu2082
Austin Harris cracks Trackwrestling's latest rankings. They have him at #32 @ heavy.

Love the fact that they have "extra" matches in addition to the duals.
Why isn't Wittcraft starting at 133?

I'd guess because he is still hoping to be the 125lb starter, 133 would only be a temp job and would not have the same weight adjustment needed to be the 125 stater.

Good question. Witcraft could be starting @ 133 for the duals while still weighing in @ 125. For reference, he majored Campbell 15-3 while Nieman beat by him by decision 5-1.

I didn't think making 125 was an option for Reece. He seems to be handling the cut well. I think he AAs @ 125. Another weight that probably gets decided at the Cowboy Challenge. Like 174, I favor the experienced guy coming down in weight.

Good question. Witcraft could be starting @ 133 for the duals while still weighing in @ 125. For reference, he majored Campbell 15-3 while Nieman beat by him by decision 5-1.

I didn't think making 125 was an option for Reece. He seems to be handling the cut well. I think he AAs @ 125. Another weight that probably gets decided at the Cowboy Challenge. Like 174, I favor the experienced guy coming down in weight.
I am the opposite-if he isn't beating Mastro now, I don't see how he does later with Mastro still regaining his strength and shape from illness. I think either are AA's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT