ADVERTISEMENT

Very good jobs report for July...

Sunburnt Indian

Heisman Candidate
Nov 7, 2001
Edge of the Comancheria
943,000 new jobs. 860,000 expected. Leisure and hospitality led the way with 380,000 as lockdowns end and governors end Federal augmented unemployment benefit.

Many analysts believe growth might be short lived as Biden places Covid infected illegals around the country. We're still down 5.7 million jobs from February, 2020.

My sources are the NY Times and 5King. Anyone here can look these sources up just as I did. I'm in a hurry for a date at Hellofaburger.

943,000 new jobs. 860,000 expected. Leisure and hospitality led the way with 380,000 as lockdowns end and governors end Federal augmented unemployment benefit.

Many analysts believe growth might be short lived as Biden places Covid infected illegals around the country. We're still down 5.7 million jobs from February, 2020.

My sources are the NY Times and 5King. Anyone here can look these sources up just as I did. I'm in a hurry for a date at Hellofaburger.

Be sunny's logic, this is on Dubya.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
David, please translate this from dumbass to English. Thanks in advance. 👍🏻
I'll translate for you. Sysk would be this board's lowest scoring member in intelligence quotient testing.

Of course, there's only about three board members who need translation from me or anyone else. You and the majority of us can name the clueless members.

Another one of my favorites: I have 3 gold coins which are identical to the eye. One is counterfeit. How do I very quickly determine the fake?

Our slow can't find the answer at google. Our slow will have to have Ponca Dan enlighten them.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I'll translate for you. Sysk would be this board's lowest scoring member in intelligence quotient testing.

Of course, there's only about three board members who need translation from me or anyone else. You and the majority of us can name the clueless members.

Another one of my favorites: I have 3 gold coins which are identical to the eye. One is counterfeit. How do I very quickly determine the fake?

Our slow can't find the answer at google. Our slow will have to have Ponca Dan enlighten them.
I'll help you out, Ponca Dan. I weigh the coins. The 2 matching weights are the real McCoys.

In Democrat debates, Beijing Biden was excruciatingly simple with his promises for economic stagnation and higher crime rates. Most of our members fully understood.

Biden has delivered on crime. Biden is more friendly to human traffikers than was Lamumba. Our national crime wave is ongoing. Congress has yet to sign on to Biden's economy crippling tax plans. Biden has nibbled around the edges with inflationary executive orders, in some cases placing heavy burdens on the middle class and the poor.

Now we have a burning question. Are there 81 million Americans stupid enough to vote what we're seeing? Probably not. I understand many judges don't want us knowing.

I'll help you out, Ponca Dan. I weigh the coins. The 2 matching weights are the real McCoys.

In Democrat debates, Beijing Biden was excruciatingly simple with his promises for economic stagnation and higher crime rates. Most of our members fully understood.

Biden has delivered on crime. Biden is more friendly to human traffikers than was Lamumba. Our national crime wave is ongoing. Congress has yet to sign on to Biden's economy crippling tax plans. Biden has nibbled around the edges with inflationary executive orders, in some cases placing heavy burdens on the middle class and the poor.

Now we have a burning question. Are there 81 million Americans stupid enough to vote what we're seeing? Probably not. I understand many judges don't want us knowing.
1 - 64.

Reactions: davidallen
Now if only we could get the government out of the business of creating policies that incentivize Americans from actually taking these open jobs that the reopening economy has generated.
That and let's see if we can somehow stop enabling/subsidizing unlivable wages.

That and let's see if we can somehow stop enabling/subsidizing unlivable wages.

I'd argue that most wages are livable with a little spending control and they will improve with just a little hard work and commitment. If you don't spend $100/wk on Cigarettes. $1500+/yr on new tattoos, buy a new iphone every 2 years, subscribe to 5 different streaming services, and try to live in a yuppy apartment in the Soho equivalent of your urban community, you'd find that you can live on a hell of a lot less than people think. Not thrive, but survive. And with hard work and smart choices, you can build from that. I know, because I did. I lived in a run down, 1 bedroom apartment on 23rd street. I bagged groceries at the Buy4Less across the street for minimum wage. I waited tables at Denny's making $.25-$.50 in tips from people ordering $3 Grand Slams and a cup of coffee. But then again, I grew up in Oklahoma City. Maybe Yuppyville, aka Portland, isn't the same. But where I come from minimum wage is the starting point, not the ending point. And building a societal scheme around it being the basis of income for grown-ass adults simply continues the cycle of enabling the piss-poor decisions that's resulting in the hardships that these individuals experience.

I'd argue that most wages are livable with a little spending control and they will improve with just a little hard work and commitment. If you don't spend $100/wk on Cigarettes. $1500+/yr on new tattoos, buy a new iphone every 2 years, subscribe to 5 different streaming services, and try to live in a yuppy apartment in the Soho equivalent of your urban community, you'd find that you can live on a hell of a lot less than people think. Not thrive, but survive. And with hard work and smart choices, you can build from that. I know, because I did. I lived in a run down, 1 bedroom apartment on 23rd street. I bagged groceries at the Buy4Less across the street for minimum wage. I waited tables at Denny's making $.25-$.50 in tips from people ordering $3 Grand Slams and a cup of coffee. But then again, I grew up in Oklahoma City. Maybe Yuppyville, aka Portland, isn't the same. But where I come from minimum wage is the starting point, not the ending point. And building a societal scheme around it being the basis of income for grown-ass adults simply continues the cycle of enabling the piss-poor decisions that's resulting in the hardships that these individuals experience.
So you prefer subsidizing McDonald's franchisees?

So you prefer subsidizing McDonald's franchisees?

Nope. They should pay a competitive wage necessary to acquire the skill and talent required to perform the job. But we shouldn't subsidize the labor pool in a manner that allows them to choose subsidies over work. If you don't like the job at McDonald's, then maybe the individual should take a life lesson from Joe Biden and "learn to code." And if I have to choose, I'd rather subsidize the individual who is at least attempting to contribute to society by working the McDonald's job, than to pay them to choose not to, which is what we are doing now.

Nope. They should pay a competitive wage necessary to acquire the skill and talent required to perform the job. But we shouldn't subsidize the labor pool in a manner that allows them to choose subsidies over work. If you don't like the job at McDonald's, then maybe the individual should take a life lesson from Joe Biden and "learn to code." And if I have to choose, I'd rather subsidize the individual who is at least attempting to contribute to society by working the McDonald's job, than to pay them to choose not to, which is what we are doing now.
I agree the system is fundamentally broken. EITC and the like are equal parts social and corporate welfare. Time to rethink the system and realign the incentives.

I didn't know you knew me so well, bruthuh. I've even learned to thrive a little. I'll bet you have too.

I'm assuming your retirement account is nothing but cash under your mattress?
Overall:
  • 5% Crypto
  • 25% Venture & Angel
  • 20% Real Estate
  • 50% 2030 Retirement Fund
I don't consider cash on hand anything but cash on hand.

Glad you brought this up, I haven't rebalanced in a good while. Probably time to do the analysis and move some things around.

Overall:
  • 5% Crypto
  • 25% Venture & Angel
  • 20% Real Estate
  • 50% 2030 Retirement Fund
I don't consider cash on hand anything but cash on hand.

Glad you brought this up, I haven't rebalanced in a good while. Probably time to do the analysis and move some things around.

I can’t bring myself to invest more than beer money in crypto

Reactions: davidallen
25 million working Americans qualified for EITC in 2020. EITC distorts the cost of labor to the benefit of employers. Why?
Because without those subsidies, many of these jobs would be outsourced or eliminated. And given that we have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world (and an agenda to raise it), its paid for by those companies who can make a profit (such as Walmart), while being a realistic subsidy to support the smaller, local stores that couldn't exist without such support. Add in that it requires that the recipient have 'skin in the game', its actually one of the few welfare programs that makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT