ADVERTISEMENT

USA Nationals

Mrgrapple

2nd Team
Sep 8, 2006
Which Cowboy wrestlers are going to compete? Several grads will be there with JO and Ringer being contenders for the title. Fix might be down a weight to battle Gilman and Lee? I never miss it, great matches and I love freestyle more than folkstyle.

Reactions: Rdcldad
Guessing we see Derek at 125 kg. Wittlake will probably be at the Junior Open, along with some of the other freshmen (Montalvo is too old). The rest at U23s?

I looked at FloArena and Carter Young is registered for Juniors at 57 kg (as a soph?). Andrade is registered at 97 kg.

Fix, Picc & Klimara @ 57 kg
G @ 65 kg
Sheets @ 70 kg
Alex & Joe @ 79 kg
Bear Hughes @ 86 kg
Derek @ 125 kg

Last edited:
Reactions: Air_Thurman
I’m sure JO will enter before the deadline. Many of the top wrestlers do not enter until a few days before, usually we don’t enter this early.

I’m sure JO will enter before the deadline. Many of the top wrestlers do not enter until a few days before, usually we don’t enter this early.

I think JO is in Stillwater this week training with Alex.

JO & Tristan Moran are registered for 65 kg.

Doucet is registered for 97 kg in Junior Freestyle, same bracket as Andrade. Amos is registered for Greco only right now, also at 97 kg.

Happened to notice this also, there's a woman registered for Junior Greco - Alexandra Hedrick. She's also registered for the Senior Women's Freestyle. Not sure what that's about.

Reactions: osu2082
Kindig is registered at 70 kg.

Also happening in Vegas next week is the Western Regional. Burks is at 120, Chance McLane is at 145, and Surber is at 160. A bunch of the younger legacies too like Sheets, Roller, Guerrero, etc. Track is streaming.

Several more guys registered for Juniors. Plott @ 79 kg, Trevor Mastro @ 57 kg, Travis Mastro up to 70 kg, Voinovich down to 65 kg.

Also Golowenski @ 57kg, Stika up to 79 kg (think he could end up a 184/197), Harris @ 97 kg.

Chandler is registered for Senior Greco @ 82 kg. Interesting that he's going 82 kg and not 77 kg. Would like to see vs Kamal Bey.

Also Bear Hughes @ 87 kg in Senior Greco. Harris @ 97 kg in Junior Greco (same bracket as Amos).

Burks & Surber are in the finals at the Western Regional in Vegas. Track shows Surber beating Cael Valencia by tech in the finals but I think that might be a mistake since they haven't wrestled the other finals yet.

McLane lost in the semis on a weird scramble. It was a close match before that.

Reactions: Harleycowboy
Burks & Surber are in the finals at the Western Regional in Vegas. Track shows Surber beating Cael Valencia by tech in the finals but I think that might be a mistake since they haven't wrestled the other finals yet.

McLane lost in the semis on a weird scramble. It was a close match before that.
It could not be a mistake since I just listened to an interview where Luke talked about teching Valencia in the finals. I did see on brackets that Burks hasn't wrestled in the finals yet.

It could not be a mistake since I just listened to an interview where Luke talked about teching Valencia in the finals. I did see on brackets that Burks hasn't wrestled in the finals yet.

That is a very big win for Surber then. Valencia is #5 at 160 and just gave Alex Facundo a tough match last month.

Looks like the other finals are starting now. Burks should be up in a couple of matches at 120.

Burks wins 9-0 over #7 Lujan.

Hope we see Burks vs Robert Howard at Cadets next month.

Western Regional matches are up on YouTube. Here are a few...

120 Final - Burks over Lujan 9-0 (Lujan #7 @ 120, #37 on 2020 Big Board)

160 Final - Surber tech Valencia 10-0 (Valencia #5 @ 160, #8 overall on 2021 Big Board)

145 Semi - McLane loses by tech to Condimitti 15-4 (Condimitti #35 overall on the 2021 Big Board)

And for good measure, here is McLane teching Condimitti in the 145 Greco final 2 days earlier. McLane is a little bit of a sleeper IMO.

It was a fun tournament, I am glad Jagger had the opportunity to wrestle Chance in FS. He is a great wrestler. The Greco match wasn’t exactly competitive, we don’t do much Greco in Pa

Just a looking for clarification on why you think Chance is a sleeper, 3x state champ, senior, Cowboy commit he seems rather established. Jagger as a sophomore is much more of a sleeper

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrassler17
It was a fun tournament, I am glad Jagger had the opportunity to wrestle Chance in FS. He is a great wrestler. The Greco match wasn’t exactly competitive, we don’t do much Greco.

Just a looking for clarification on why you think Chance is a sleeper, 3x state champ, senior, Cowboy commit he seems rather established. Jagger as a sophomore is much more of a sleeper

By sleeper I mean what most people (including the rankers) think about a guy's prospects in college. Chance is not listed in the top 100 on Flo's 2019 Big Board, so they are not very high on his college potential right now.

I looked up Condomitti after he won because I didn't know much about him (he looked good in this tourney). Being from PA I'm sure you know this, but he's got some impressive credentials from this past year. Placed at Beast of the East, beat #11 Big Boarder Ryan Anderson, and then just won NHSCA Sophomore Nationals. That's probably why Flo has him at #35 on their 2021 Big Board.

Reactions: PaDistrict11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT