ADVERTISEMENT

US Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to the Lowest Level Since 1969

tenor.gif

Business is over-the-top good where I work (manufacturing). I need a rest. I think this is what Mr. President meant when he said "you'll win so much, you'll get tired of winning".

It used to be a problem of finding skilled people to take these jobs. Now it's a problem trying to find little delicate hoodie'd snowflakes who will just show up.

Wife is a funding director for a large financial institution and has been working 6 to 7 days a week for the last 12 months trying to keep up with all the loans they process. They are constantly trying to hire but have problems with the recent college grads that think their college degree entitles them to a 6 figure salary, while working 30 hours a week.

Wife is a funding director for a large financial institution and has been working 6 to 7 days a week for the last 12 months trying to keep up with all the loans they process. They are constantly trying to hire but have problems with the recent college grads that think their college degree entitles them to a 6 figure salary, while working 30 hours a week.

Bern will pass a law that she can only work 35 hours a week, which will lower GDP output per person and lower our standard of living across the entire country. But hey, Bern will have protected her from working all those hours and making those bonuses and commissions and she will have the time to do nothing with the disposable income she no longer has.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
And I still can't land a job in the dfw area.....

I'm sorry to read this xplor58. I don't know anything about your circumstances and I have no answers, except to perhaps offer that initial contact by mail is more than ever, more effective than email.

Reactions: iasooner1
Yeah... Thanks for the help ...

Honestly, what's your skillset and what headhunters are you using? If you are tech, I'll be glad to give you some headhunter names that can get you placed. The biggest challenge I find with hiring is that all the mega-corps have moved to HR Systems which use outsourced screeners and basically if you aren't coming in through an approved headhunter firm, then your resume is never even seen.

Thanks for the replies and offers of help. Here is my situation: I have over 25 years experience in Data Analytics, Data Management and Systems concentrating mainly in the Marketing arena (Database Marketing, CRM, Customer data hubs and analytics) for both B2B and B2C. I have been out of work for about a year and have come close to being hired a few times but as of yet no cigar so to speak.

I am an entrepreneurial jack of all trades type within the Data Analytics, Data Management and Systems areas. My career has been as both an individual contributor or a hands on leader/manger of teams up to 15-20 doing IT like work while usually attached to the business side of things.

I prefer to stay in the DFW area but would consider Houston, Austin/San Antonio areas as well.

Any help would be appreciated so names of good head hunters would be great info to have.

You can email me at pfcraver@gmail.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the replies and offers of help. Here is my situation: I have over 25 years experience in Data Analytics, Data Management and Systems concentrating mainly in the Marketing arena (Database Marketing, CRM, Customer data hubs and analytics) for both B2B and B2C. I have been out of work for about a year and have come close to being hired a few times but as of yet no cigar so to speak.

I am an entrepreneurial jack of all trades type within the Data Analytics, Data Management and Systems areas. My career has been as both an individual contributor or a hands on leader/manger of teams up to 15-20 doing IT like work while usually attached to the business side of things.

I prefer to stay in the DFW area but would consider Houston, Austin/San Antonio areas as well.

Any help would be appreciated so names of good head hunters would be great info to have.

You can email me at pfcraver@gmail.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you using any headhunter firms now? Our company hires from several and I'd be glad to give you contacts to the Judge Group, DiSys, or MasTech. Would need to look if we have any open positions, but we have an office in Coppell and are pretty consistently hiring data analysts. Look up DTCC (Depository Trust & Clearing Corp) in Glassdoor. I believe all our stateside positions are listed there.

Are you using any headhunter firms now? Our company hires from several and I'd be glad to give you contacts to the Judge Group, DiSys, or MasTech. Would need to look if we have any open positions, but we have an office in Coppell and are pretty consistently hiring data analysts. Look up DTCC (Depository Trust & Clearing Corp) in Glassdoor. I believe all our stateside positions are listed there.
This will sound ghey, but you guys are awesome for helping him out.

Thanks your help is greatly appreciated!

As of this week i have a contact with the Judge Group. I certainly could use some contacts with the other companies that is for sure! I will look at careers at DTCC and let you know if i see anything.

As of this week i have a contact with the Judge Group. I certainly could use some contacts with the other companies that is for sure! I will look at careers at DTCC and let you know if i see anything.
Get ready to accept a contract position for an Agency that pays well but does not extend any benefits of merit for a goodly amount of time served. Do a great job and opportunity to become a permanent employee with all the perks that normally provides will hopefully be achieved. I'm right there (contingent/contract employee) and attempting to be patient myself. Good luck and via con Dios !

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
Get ready to accept a contract position for an Agency that pays well but does not extend any benefits of merit for a goodly amount of time served. Do a great job and opportunity to become a permanent employee with all the perks that normally provides will hopefully be achieved. I'm right there (contingent/contract employee) and attempting to be patient myself. Good luck and via con Dios !

This part is true. We do a lot of contract to hire, although we generally only require 6 months from the vendors before we convert them. Fact is, in many cases, its faster to contract an employee than to do a full-time hire thanks to a mediocre HR department thats 100% reliant on outsourced services.

Reactions: iasooner1
Almost forgot: don't be afraid to haggle with the contractors over $$/hour; I was able to squeeze an extra $2.50/hour (maybe more?) when I started my deal by just comparing the postings of competing Agencies for the same job

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

I'll shoot you an email on Monday from work. If you are nice, I'll hook you up with this headhunter: She plays in the LFL in her free time. West Virginia grad so when he have lunch (we are both in Tampa), all we do is talk Big 12 football.

maxresdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT