ADVERTISEMENT

US To Hit Debt Limit Thursday

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

The US federal government spent approximately 6.27 trillion while collecting approximately 4.9 trillion on revenue. Now I'm not a math whiz but it sure looks like the federal government spends well over a trillion dollars more than the revenue it collects. With a debt limit already at 31.4 trillion it obvious the US government has become reliant on spending money it does not have. We are already at about 120% of GDP which is generally recognized as the max amount any government can reach before it has major problems. This is also not just a Democrat or Republican issue it's a issue that effects us all equally. With all of that said we reach the debt ceiling Thursday, Democrats are demanding to raise the debt limit without any spending restraints, while Republicans are demanding spending cuts. While I do understand the debt limit will have to be increased I also understand spending is out of control and needs to be restrained because this amount of spending is unsustainable. Fine mess the morons in Washington have us in.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

The US federal government spent approximately 6.27 trillion while collecting approximately 4.9 trillion on revenue. Now I'm not a math whiz but it sure looks like the federal government spends well over a trillion dollars more than the revenue it collects. With a debt limit already at 31.4 trillion it obvious the US government has become reliant on spending money it does not have. We are already at about 120% of GDP which is generally recognized as the max amount any government can reach before it has major problems. This is also not just a Democrat or Republican issue it's a issue that effects us all equally. With all of that said we reach the debt ceiling Thursday, Democrats are demanding to raise the debt limit without any spending restraints, while Republicans are demanding spending cuts. While I do understand the debt limit will have to be increased I also understand spending is out of control and needs to be restrained because this amount of spending is unsustainable. Fine mess the morons in Washington have us in.
If Dems are left unchecked they would spend us into oblivion. They act like petulant toddlers who don’t consider the consequences of their actions.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen

I miss @07pilt at times like this. I think he would say MMT has it covered, there’s nothing to worry about, and would explain why. I’m sure I’d think he’s batty, but I miss the guy.

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
If Dems are left unchecked they would spend us into oblivion. They act like petulant toddlers who don’t consider the consequences of their actions.

You must be spot on; you got a douche emoji from the douche bag.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Castrate DC and all 3 letter agencies- form an alt society-
Become ungovernable. The mafia needs to not go away mad- just....go away

We do not have a government- just sicko demons masquerading as one

I miss @07pilt at times like this. I think he would say MMT has it covered, there’s nothing to worry about, and would explain why. I’m sure I’d think he’s batty, but I miss the guy.
MMT doesn't really account for terrorists

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT