ADVERTISEMENT

US Open

Also Braunaugle got killed by Carr 12 to 1 in the finals. It does have to be tough to be world class and now get beat by all of these guys that you were way better than at one time.
Wittlake did take 5th by beating DJ Shannen in the second period scoring well. Plott just beat a highly rated senior from Wisconsin 10 to 0. He dominated this kid and looked like Dustin Plott. A good finish to the tournament and we did win the big match.

Last edited:
What about this Austin Harris kid at 97kg, took third, only losing to the guy that won it, could he be Preston's successor?

dakota geer is preston's likely successor. Some believe he might bulk up to HWT
Austin Harris had a losing record this season dropping matches to less than stellar competition. 97 was a weak weight at the Open.

Would be one of the bigger Cinderella stories in recent memory if he was able to turn the corner and become an AA contender.

Doubtful he ever sees meaningful mat time for us. Even with a cowboy bulk job.

Thanks, just had never heard him mentioned before around here then all of a sudden he takes third at a high profile tournament like this. I have to admit that I had to check the roster to find out he was a redshirt frosh.

No shame for Plott losing to Griffith who is redshirting at Stanford and beat Chandler Rogers at the Scuffle. Rogers got hurt in that match and defaulted but Griffith was ahead at the time. Also, Griffith was a 3 time NJ state champ. NJ has only one classification.

The big match is up. End of first Daton ahead 2 to 0. Fix wins 6 to 4 with the last takedown. Great match.
I guess it's not an issue for fix to drop back down to 125 after being at 133 mid march. I realize 57 kg is his comfortable weight but wrestling at a high level and beating Gilman is even more impressive considering going down 8 lbs. in a few weeks

Reactions: Wrassler17
I guess it's not an issue for fix to drop back down to 125 after being at 133 mid march. I realize 57 kg is his comfortable weight but wrestling at a high level and beating Gilman is even more impressive considering going down 8 lbs. in a few weeks

Listening to Daton's post match interview, some good came out of the crappy ending to his college season. He said wrestling 133 all year better prepared him for 57 kg. Said 133s are stronger than 125s and Gilman wasn't able to bully him around the mat like last year.

He also said that he's confident in his leg attacks (got in on Gilman twice) and knows he needs to attack more. Sounded like a lesson learned from the Suriano match.

Austin Harris had a losing record this season dropping matches to less than stellar competition. 97 was a weak weight at the Open.

Would be one of the bigger Cinderella stories in recent memory if he was able to turn the corner and become an AA contender.

Doubtful he ever sees meaningful mat time for us. Even with a cowboy bulk job.

simply said he's a potential candidate at HWT according to some. Never said he was going to see significant mat time, much less a starter.

Does anyone know if penn state kids (hall & their 165) are wrestling at the trials? If Hall wrestled at 79kg, that would make a great challenge tournament with Z. Valencia there.

Does anyone know if penn state kids (hall & their 165) are wrestling at the trials? If Hall wrestled at 79kg, that would make a great challenge tournament with Z. Valencia there.

Hall is in the 79 kg bracket of the last chance qualifier. Joseph isn't registered.

Klimara is also competing at 57 kg. He'll have to get by Zach Sanders in order to qualify for the WTT. Flo is streaming.

And Hall with a breeze to the title. 79kg challenge tournament just got more interesting with him, zahid and then ringer waiting in finals for best of 3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT