Aug 23, 2018
Oklahoma
57kg:
Fix Is in the semifinals against Darian Cruz

Picc lost to the aforementioned Cruz

Klimara won one lost one like Picc.

65KG:
JO is in the semi finals

Heil is currently in the quarters against Jayden Eirman. Heil actually beat Joey McKenna to get there.

70kg
Anthony Collica is currently wrestling James Green in the quarters

Wyatt Sheets lost in the first round to Green then won his consolation match.

Josh Kindig went 1-1 and is currently in consolations.

79kg

Alex Dieringer is currently in the quarters

125kg
Derek White is paired up against Tanner hall the quarterfinals.

Chandler took third at 82kg greco, lost his first match 3-2 then reeled off 6 straight wins on the backside including wins over the two guys that eliminated the guy that beat him on the winners side.

It was a weird match. Oliver was getting deep on Yani at will but Yani kept scrambling and scoring off of it. Eventually it seemed Oliver just didn’t know what to do.

Reactions: osu2082
Fix won by 2-0 decision over Cruz
I watched young Mastro get tech falled against Robb of Nebraska. He battled but wrestling juniors 70 he likely is not powerful enough also old enough to do well. I also watched Nic P lose to Parelli. Parelli a real veteran of freestyle was dominant.

Fix vs Gilman in finals.

Oliver will face the winner of Ness and a Storr to get the opportunity to wrestle for 3rd.

AD vs Marstellar in finals.

White will face the winner of Hemida and Romero to get the opportunity to wrestle for 3rd.

Fix vs Gilman in finals.

Oliver will face the winner of Ness and a Storr to get the opportunity to wrestle for 3rd.

AD vs Marstellar in finals.

White will face the winner of Hemida and Romero to get the opportunity to wrestle for 3rd.
I didn’t realize Giamoccolis was such a bad dude.

I watched young Mastro get tech falled against Robb of Nebraska. He battled but wrestling juniors 70 he likely is not powerful enough also old enough to do well. I also watched Nic P lose to Parelli. Parelli a real veteran of freestyle was dominant.
Older Mastro just beat Eric Barnett the 3rd seed in the round of 16, 2 to 2 on criteria at 125. Barnett is the 3rd seed who won Fargo last year. Very good win. Younger Mastro won in consolations and looked good especially being a sophomore. Plott just won by tech to get to the quarters ( no contest). Witlake won by tech, gut wrenched his opponent for 8 after the takedown. Doucette looked bad and got beat by a Southern Illinois wrestler. Maybe he has not wrestled freestyle much and he did not seem in good shape. He also did not seem to have great drive. He got flipped on his back 3 times when he was on his opponents back.

Last edited:
Older Mastro just beat Eric Barnett the 3rd seed in the round of 16, 2 to 2 on criteria at 125. Barnett is the 3rd seed who won Fargo last year. Very good win. Younger Mastro won in consolations and looked good especially being a sophomore. Plott just won by tech to get to the quarters ( no contest). Witlake won by tech, gut wrenched his opponent for 8 after the takedown. Doucette looked bad and got beat by a Southern Illinois wrestler. Maybe he has not wrestled freestyle much and he did not seem in good shape. He also did not seem to have great drive. He got flipped on his back 3 times when he was on his opponents back.
Younger Mastro got beat in consolation quarters by K. Davenport who is a senior 30th rated wrestler 2019 class, score was 8 to 5 Older Mastro is in the semi's beating Severado from Mo. 11 to 3. He is wrestling good.

Last edited:
Younger Mastro got beat in consolation quarters by K. Davenport who is a senior 30th rated wrestler 2019 class, score was 8 to 5 Older Mastro is in the semi's beating Severado from Mo. 11 to 3. He is wrestling good.
Witlake is in the semi's with a tech fall, Doucette won 7 to 6 in consolation over Blair's 215 but he did not look good. Plott won by pin in the second period but in the first period he did not look like himself.

Please keep up the updates.
Doucette got pinned before placing matches. He was not impressive today. I don't know how good these guys are that beat him? Gadson won the US open at 97 seniors. Pat Downey dominated Heflin at 86 and is actually in shape. He beat Ohio State senior in the semi's after being behind 7 to 0.

Last edited:
At 79 Dieringer destroyed Marstaller 11 to 0 in a little more than a minute. Head pinch for 2, a takedown for 2 and then 3 gut tilts for 6 and 1 for a failed challenge.

At 79 Dieringer destroyed Marstaller 11 to 0 in a little more than a minute. Head pinch for 2, a takedown for 2 and then 3 gut tilts for 6 and 1 for a failed challenge.
At 74 Imar wins 6 to 4 over Gannt. At 61 Cody Brewer comes from behind and pins Megaludas to win. Coon wins HWT by decision over Tony Nelson. At 70 Deakin came back and beat James Green by 1 point. A big upset. Nickel beat Zillmer by tech fall at 92. Yianni beat Retherford in a very close match. Yianni and Daton the best young wrestlers at this tournament and Hopefully Daton wins Final X also.

Last edited:
Love to read on the Iowa board how Gilman has really improved this last year. .Taking 5th at World isn't good enough for USA. Young guns taking out the trash.
shutterstock_681068053-2-800x600.jpg

Reactions: osu2082
Witlake is in the semi's with a tech fall, Doucette won 7 to 6 in consolation over Blair's 215 but he did not look good. Plott won by pin in the second period but in the first period he did not look like himself.
That Plott match was very strange. Very little resistance defending leg attacks. Looked tired/weak but was always able to counter.

The big match is up. End of first Daton ahead 2 to 0. Fix wins 6 to 4 with the last takedown. Great match.
Mastro Trevor lost in the semi's 4 to 0. I don't understand the match he wrestled, he did not do much in this match. It is going bad now. Wittlake lost 8 to 2 to Braunagle of Illinois. Since he changed commitment from Penn. St. to the Cowboys he seems to not have developed at all as a wrestler. I hope my opinion proves wrong.

Last edited:
Wittlake goes down 8-2. Was down by 1 got put on his back and lost the challenge. Bummer.
It was a horrible semi's with Plott getting soundly beat. He seemed slow, poor balance and like Wittlake was not explosive and stayed in positions where they had the advantage but did not explode and finish. They stayed in these positions until their opponent did explode and scored lots of points.

It was a horrible semi's with Plott getting soundly beat. He seemed slow, poor balance and like Wittlake was not explosive and stayed in positions where they had the advantage but did not explode and finish. They stayed in these positions until their opponent did explode and scored lots of points.
Consolation is going bad also Mastro got teched by Foley. He got the first 2 takedowns then got taken down twice and leglaced for 10 points. Wittlake just got beat by Nelson Brand 3 to 1. Last year Brands was not in Wittlake's league and look where we are now.

Last edited:
plott seemed very one dimensional with his sweep single. better wrestlers know how to counter. he is still in high school so i am not that down on him. travis on the other hand has digressed and seems very timid and weak. brads from Iowa just lured him with position and strength. i have heard that last year was tough for him mentally.

Consolation is going bad also Mastro got teched by Foley. He got the first 3 takedowns then got taken down twice and leglaced for 10 points. Wittlake just got beat by Nelson Brand 3 to 1. Last year Brands was not in Wittlake's league and look where we are now.
Well we did win 1 in consolation with Plott tech falling Dow. Older Mastro won I think for 5th by Tech fall over Hensen who I never heard of.

Last edited:
plott seemed very one dimensional with his sweep single. better wrestlers know how to counter. he is still in high school so i am not that down on him. travis on the other hand has digressed and seems very timid and weak. brads from Iowa just lured him with position and strength. i have heard that last year was tough for him mentally.
Also Braunaugle got killed by Carr 12 to 1 in the finals. It does have to be tough to be world class and now get beat by all of these guys that you were way better than at one time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT