ADVERTISEMENT

Upcoming Competitions

Wrassler17

All-American
Mar 20, 2017
Some upcoming competitions...

First is the NHSCA duals May 26-28 on Flo. Dustin Plott will wrestle 160 for Team Kong (an all star team).

The Cadet & U23 WTT are June 1-3 on Flo. Our guys have not registered yet for U23s. Hoping we see Kaid, Boo, Joe, and Derek.

On the Cadet side, Daniel Kerkvliet is wrestling at 100 kg. AJ Ferrari has not registered yet. He's kind of caught between weights here - he wrestled Folkstyle Nationals at 192 lbs in April. If he goes 92 kg, he'll have a possible supermatch with Braxton Amos. Otherwise, he'll have to cut down to 80 kg. His sophomore teammate at Allen TX, Elise Brown Ton, is registered at 71 kg (he's an OSU fan). Eli Griffin is at 45 kg. Luke Surber is at 65 kg. Another soph we should be after, Robert Howard, is at 55 kg. I think we could also see Carter Young and Kyle Haas register.

The Junior Greco WTT are June 7-8 on Flo. Bear Hughes is sitting in the finals at 87 kg and Austin Harris is sitting in the finals at 92 kg.

And then the big one, the first Final X event in Nebraska on June 9 on Flo. There's some Cowboy wrestling at 57 kg.

Reactions: 100TonsofOrangeFury

First is the NHSCA duals May 26-28 on Flo. Dustin Plott will wrestle 160 for Team Kong (an all star team).

The Cadet & U23 WTT are June 1-3 on Flo. Our guys have not registered yet for U23s. Hoping we see Kaid, Boo, Joe, and Derek.

On the Cadet side, Daniel Kerkvliet is wrestling at 100 kg. AJ Ferrari has not registered yet. He's kind of caught between weights here - he wrestled Folkstyle Nationals at 192 lbs in April. If he goes 92 kg, he'll have a possible supermatch with Braxton Amos. Otherwise, he'll have to cut down to 80 kg. His sophomore teammate at Allen TX, Elise Brown Ton, is registered at 71 kg (he's an OSU fan). Eli Griffin is at 45 kg. Luke Surber is at 65 kg. Another soph we should be after, Robert Howard, is at 55 kg. I think we could also see Carter Young and Kyle Haas register.

The Junior Greco WTT are June 7-8 on Flo. Bear Hughes is sitting in the finals at 87 kg and Austin Harris is sitting in the finals at 92 kg.

And then the big one, the first Final X event in Nebraska on June 9 on Flo. There's some Cowboy wrestling at 57 kg.

Did I hear it correctly that if Daton fails to make the senior world team, due to his U23 standing he can request a wrestle off for the U23 spot with the winner of the U23 WTT winner?

Did I hear it correctly that if Daton fails to make the senior world team, due to his U23 standing he can request a wrestle off for the U23 spot with the winner of the U23 WTT winner?

Good question. I'm thinking yes, but I'm not positive.

I know Daton can request a delayed wrestle off for the Junior World Team spot. That's because he is a returning team member, he finished top 3 at the Senior Open - which was wrestled the same weekend as the Junior Open, and then he wrestled at the Senior WTT. That all seems to apply to U23s as well, except that the U23 trials are being held on a different weekend from Final X. But it's so close that USA Wrestling would have to make an exception, right?

Hopefully after June 9th it won't matter.

Reactions: osu2082
what if he wants to make both Jr. and Sr. Teams?

Gable Steveson tried to make both. I don't know, to me that's like a rookie in baseball, who is starting for the major league team, but then he goes back to the minors to play in the AAA all star game one last time.

Carter Young (51 kg) & Kyle Haas (80 kg) registered for Cadets. Interestingly, Haas registered under Team BIG. Guess that's a good sign.

Gable Steveson tried to make both. I don't know, to me that's like a rookie in baseball, who is starting for the major league team, but then he goes back to the minors to play in the AAA all star game one last time.

Carter Young (51 kg) & Kyle Haas (80 kg) registered for Cadets. Interestingly, Haas registered under Team BIG. Guess that's a good sign.
wonder if he is spending the summer with big bro?

On flowrestling they showed a dominating match by Plott titled he is a road grader. He does look like a must get for us along with Ferrari

On flowrestling they showed a dominating match by Plott titled he is a road grader. He does look like a must get for us along with Ferrari
Plott beat Thomas a Minnesota recruit who beat him earlier in the year and he beat Redline of Texas in the finals. Plott jumped several levels between his freshman and sophomore year.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Plott beat Thomas a Minnesota recruit who beat him earlier in the year and he beat Redline of Texas in the finals. Plott jumped several levels between his freshman and sophomore year.

Redlin was AJ Ferrari's teammate at Allen TX. He's an tOSU recruit and he beat Zane Coleman at the RTOC.

AJ Ferrari registered at 92 kg. His potential matchup with Braxton Amos could be a preview of the NCAA finals in a few years. Ferrari weighed in at 192 when he wrestled 195 at Folkstyle Nationals in April, Amos weighed in at 218 when he won state at 220 in February. Ferrari's little brother, Anthony, registered at 51 kg. He could hit Carter Young in a battle of future Pokes.

Our college guys still haven't entered yet, seems like we are always last to register.

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/cowbo...-team-trials-as-joe-smith-returns-to-the-mat/

Joe wrestling 79 kg (174), along with Chandler, rather than 74 kg (163)
Picc wrestling 61 kg (134) rather than 57 kg (125)
Kaid wrestling 65 kg (143) rather than 61 kg (134)

Maybe nothing, some guys don't like to cut for freestyle, but interesting none the less.

next weight down is 77. Chandler registered for 79 freestyle, might not have wanted to cut the 2 extra kg.

next weight down is 77. Chandler registered for 79 freestyle, might not have wanted to cut the 2 extra kg.
Chandler is 3-1 and will be wrestling for 3rd at 87kg which is 191.8 pounds. He had three tech falls and lost to one of the finalists 7-6 after giving up a four point move. I would say he will be at 174 next year at least. Might be determined by a match with one of the smiths, Jacobe or Joe.;)

Haven't seen the matches yet, but I just noticed a few greco results. Carter Young & Kyle Haas both took 5th in cadets and Dalton Duffield took 1st in U23s. Duffield is really good in greco, he could make the senior WT one day.

Reactions: Rdcldad
Looks like Tristan up to 70 kg also.
At 61 kg Pic just won 10-0. Kaid Brock won 12-1 at 65kg and is up again if Flo will just get their act together. Kaden Gfeller was ahead 9-0 when the video went out. Tristin Moran at 70 kg won 12-8 but could barely walk off the mat after the match. Boo Lewallen won handily. Joe Smith looking huge at 79 kg had a 10-0 tech fall in 1:28. Brock wrestles Krivius in 2nd round. Our only loss was Fontanez losing to Fausz.

At 61 kg Pic just won 10-0. Kaid Brock won 12-1 at 65kg and is up again if Flo will just get their act together. Kaden Gfeller was ahead 9-0 when the video went out. Tristin Moran at 70 kg won 12-8 but could barely walk off the mat after the match. Boo Lewallen won handily. Joe Smith looking huge at 79 kg had a 10-0 tech fall in 1:28. Brock wrestles Krivius in 2nd round. Our only loss was Fontanez losing to Fausz.

Brock had a 15-2 tech against Sam Krivus but it was competitive.Krivus much bigger and the only point in first period was for stalling by Krivus. Krivus got a good double leg takedown in the second then Brock got a takedown and 5 turns to win 15-2. Boo Lewallen looked super sharp against J. Ross and won 10-0.

Brock had a 15-2 tech against Sam Krivus but it was competitive.Krivus much bigger and the only point in first period was for stalling by Krivus. Krivus got a good double leg takedown in the second then Brock got a takedown and 5 turns to win 15-2. Boo Lewallen looked super sharp against J. Ross and won 10-0.
Kaden Gfeller won 10-6 over Luke Karam of Lehigh at 65kg. Tristan Moran inj. defaulted his next match.

Joe looks huge and out of shape (within context) but man you forgot how slick and talented of a wrestler he is.

Kaden Gfeller won 10-6 over Luke Karam of Lehigh at 65kg. Tristan Moran inj. defaulted his next match.
Joe Smith totally dominant in a 11-0 win over Tim Collins. Three takedowns including a 4 pointer and two near falls.

Joe look huge and out of shape (within context) but man you forgot how slick and talented of a wrestler he is.
Chandler Rogers finally gets to wrestle a match at 86kg and ends it in less than a minute 10-0 with a takedown and 4 turns.

Reactions: osu2082
Nic Pic was being mauled by a stronger wrestler in the first period and behind by 8. In the second period he had four takedowns and a turn to come from behind and win 11-9. Kaid Brock has a tech fall to go into round of 16.

Nic Pic was being mauled by a stronger wrestler in the first period and behind by 8. In the second period he had four takedowns and a turn to come from behind and win 11-9. Kaid Brock has a tech fall to go into round of 16.
saw the match. to me he is still rather small; especially for 33

G in a wild match techs Wilson of NCSt 24-14!!! He put himself in trouble several times but ended up getting the tech.

Boo crushed a kid with 5 quick TDs.

I watched some cadets we could be interested in such as Luke Surber, Cougar Anderson, Anthony Ferrari and Carter Young each has won by techs. Kyle Haas lost a match I thought he should have won and then did not show up for his consolation match. Good to see Joe Smith wrestling again and he has looked very solid at 79.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT