ADVERTISEMENT

Universities requiring the vaccine

Feb 1, 2021
I had to submit this today and drop adjunct teaching. I was doing this as a community service by donating my salary. The pay is crap (even though it’s a top university), and I fortunately don’t need it. That made it easier to pull the trigger. I really feel for the teachers and students that NEED this institution and don’t have a choice.

“With the new vaccination requirement, I'm out.

First, let me say that I'm not anti-vax or anti-COVID vax. I do think we need to observe them longer before they are required.

However, here is my rationale if it needs to be relayed:
1. Requiring something that is still in experimentation and not FDA approved is concerning.

2. The university has immunity from lawsuits if side effects occur from forcing vaccinations required for employment.

3. An institute for higher learning owes it to the community to question science more than anyone else. That's not anti-science. That's how science gets to be science.

4. Forcing this on students is my highest concern. The mortality rate for this age group is exceedingly low. Most students can afford to wait until important research is done on long-term effects, fertility, etc. Those at higher risk have the option to get the vaccine and should, in my opinion.

Sorry. I know this isn't the news you want from me on a Monday.

I likely will end up getting it sooner than later. The issue isn't my vax status. The issue is I reject this demand of others on principle.”

I will find it funny if they find out they don't have the immunity they think They have - left has infiltrated and bought off colleges- hope all who force the experimental shots on employees and students get the $hit sued out of them

I had to submit this today and drop adjunct teaching. I was doing this as a community service by donating my salary. The pay is crap (even though it’s a top university), and I fortunately don’t need it. That made it easier to pull the trigger. I really feel for the teachers and students that NEED this institution and don’t have a choice.

“With the new vaccination requirement, I'm out.

First, let me say that I'm not anti-vax or anti-COVID vax. I do think we need to observe them longer before they are required.

However, here is my rationale if it needs to be relayed:
1. Requiring something that is still in experimentation and not FDA approved is concerning.

2. The university has immunity from lawsuits if side effects occur from forcing vaccinations required for employment.

3. An institute for higher learning owes it to the community to question science more than anyone else. That's not anti-science. That's how science gets to be science.

4. Forcing this on students is my highest concern. The mortality rate for this age group is exceedingly low. Most students can afford to wait until important research is done on long-term effects, fertility, etc. Those at higher risk have the option to get the vaccine and should, in my opinion.

Sorry. I know this isn't the news you want from me on a Monday.

I likely will end up getting it sooner than later. The issue isn't my vax status. The issue is I reject this demand of others on principle.”

giphy.gif

It will be interesting to see what effect this has on enrollment numbers for universities that mandate the vaccine.

It will be interesting to see what effect this has on enrollment numbers for universities that mandate the vaccine.
Goes without saying- would love
To see Staggering numbers Of lost
Revenue with drop in attendance. But most prob be like my nephew that just said "well they're requiring so I'm taking it". SMH

Goes without saying- would love
To see Staggering numbers Of lost
Revenue with drop in attendance. But most prob be like my nephew that just said "well they're requiring so I'm taking it". SMH
Fort Fun in Durango is requiring, it’s super liberal so.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT