ADVERTISEMENT

UNI/Iowa State

I was trying to give updates but the website wouldn’t let me. Everyone must be having technical difficulties.

Doucet with the escape 1-0
Gordon goes down to start 3rd
Body lock reversal for Gordon 2-1. Gordon over 1;00 of RT.
Stall warning on Gordon
ESC Doucet. 2-2. Gordon with RT. :30 left
Doucet loses 3-2. Pokes win 19-17. Next stop Ames.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwel9339
Just giving Wittlake a night off?
I was surprised to see Stika. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow. I can’t remember John ever giving someone a night off just because they have #1 and #4 on back to back days.

Carter Young coming out and majoring the #8 guy in the country. It looked like he gassed a little after that, which is easy to do after the adrenaline rush in the 1st. Plus he got the escape to gain back the major. Great win for him.

Last edited:
The 2 on 1 that Fix’s opponent used is stalling. He did it last year. Nothing you can do if the ref allows that. Should be a stalemate, warn him, then stalling. Show me an offensive move anyone can do when your opponent is allowed to do that. That guy is also extremely dangerous, just like Plott’s opponent.

It wasn’t a reverse head lock . It’s called several different things . I would say it was a High Flyer . Harley comes on this forum and hates on recruits and true freshman and doesn’t know what is even happening.
Elevator, high flyer...gotcha.

I was just curious as Flo won’t even load on my end.

For somebody that knows everything. You would think you would know what that move was .
I will take my beating on the hold, those were the best words I could come up with at the time. Yes it is called an elevator. However I have never said I know everything, I give my opinion just like you do, i imagine sometimes I am right and sometimes wrong. I am very negative about our team and probably too negative with Blankenship.

I will take my beating on the hold, those were the best words I could come up with at the time. Yes it is called an elevator. However I have never said I know everything, I give my opinion just like you do, i imagine sometimes I am right and sometimes wrong. I am very negative about our team and probably too negative with Blankenship.
None of us are happy about where the program currently sits.

125/141/165 have been maddening
Carter has given us just enough like last night to make you think he can get there.
It seems like he genuinely cares and will ultimately do whatever it takes.
It seems like the biggest thing he lacks (meanness) might be a difficult trait to develop. 😊

Wyatt cares too. It’s been a tough year and a half…appreciate that he keeps fighting.

Reactions: bwel9339 and DPJ
Carter has given us just enough like last night to make you think he can get there.
It seems like the biggest thing he lacks (meanness) might be a difficult trait to develop. 😊

Wyatt cares too. It’s been a tough year and a half…appreciate that he keeps fighting.

Going to be interesting to see if Mastro comes back and if he get back going in a good mental and physical state.

Need Trevor back or we need to hit the portal for a 125 next year
I’m not sure but it looks like Trevor can’t hold 125. If he can’t I don’t see a spot for him. Blankenship isn’t the first freshman to get thrown to the wolves and take some ass beatings. I’ll hold judgement on him until he has time to get 1.5 years in the room under his belt. Portal should always be an option at weights that are underperforming.

Wyatt has struggled big time but he won the dual for us last night with the pin. If he just won by decision we would have lost the dual.

What make you think/see that?

It’s always been rumored to be a rough cut for him. He has looked better in duals where he wrestles later in the dual.

His taking some time away probably has a lot to do with the mental struggle of the season and the cut is likely a part of that.

It’s always been rumored to be a rough cut for him. He has looked better in duals where he wrestles later in the dual.

His taking some time away probably has a lot to do with the mental struggle of the season and the cut is likely a part of that.
This could apply to any wrestler. So basically we have no info.

This could apply to any wrestler. So basically we have no info.

Cutting and tough cuts are a part of Wrestling sure, but it’s been a more common talking point with Mastro than most.

As good as this weekend has been for Carter, it’s been equally bad for Victor. His competition level as certainly increased but he’s lost both of his bouts. Our guys need more time in the weight room. Is this a John thing or Calcago thing? That ISU wrestler was a true freshman and dwarfed Victor.

As good as this weekend has been for Carter, it’s been equally bad for Victor. His competition level as certainly increased but he’s lost both of his bouts. Our guys need more time in the weight room. Is this a John thing or Calcago thing? That ISU wrestler was a true freshman and dwarfed Victor.
How about we buy Chris Perry some new clothes and get him on the Jenny Craig program. If coaches aren't disciplined can one expect it from the wrestlers?

Penn St is the competition, not going to beat PSU by simply lifting more and making the weight cut harder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT