ADVERTISEMENT

UNI/Iowa State

You are right I just checked on Flo and the UNI dual is on their schedule. The OkState site schedule did not state that. Thanks.
This is the first year I haven't re-upped Flo, probably since its inception.

I can't stand the sound of Pyles voice and get so tired of their "technical issues" and subpar results reporting.

Arena needs an overhaul. The display (bracket, upcoming matches, teams etc.) is clunky and it's too hard to find past tournaments. I had hopes they would take the best parts of Track and Arena to make a better product but here we are 2 years later with not a single, noticeable upgrade to either platform.

I've always been a fan because they were the first (and only for a while) to give us video and content. I believe they genuinely cared about the wrestling community.

Once Martin left it became less about quality and more about $$. No issue with people making money but I feel taken advantage sometimes.

This is the first year I haven't re-upped Flo, probably since its inception.

I can't stand the sound of Pyles voice and get so tired of their "technical issues" and subpar results reporting.

Arena needs an overhaul. The display (bracket, upcoming matches, teams etc.) is clunky and it's too hard to find past tournaments. I had hopes they would take the best parts of Track and Arena to make a better product but here we are 2 years later with not a single, noticeable upgrade to either platform.

I've always been a fan because they were the first (and only for a while) to give us video and content. I believe they genuinely cared about the wrestling community.

Once Martin left it became less about quality and more about $$. No issue with people making money but I feel taken advantage sometimes.

I’m in your same boat.

Reactions: okstatefan
Whatever the issue with Mastro, we need him back. It’s going to be hard to get any wins with Blankenship. Blankenship just seems so small and can’t finish his shots. He seems pretty tired as well. Not the way to start this match.

Blankenship started with a TO but in some trouble now.
Blankenship is terrible getting majored by a poor wrestler. Poor on the bottom , poor on top and slow and so short that UNI gets to Blankenships legs easy. He really seemed to quit and not fight. I know he has had shoulder surgeries, but this was a horrible match.

Blankenship is terrible getting majored by a poor wrestler. Poor on the bottom , poor on top and slow and so short that UNI gets to Blankenships legs easy. He really seemed to quit and not fight. I know he has had shoulder surgeries, but this was a horrible match.
Fix wins by decision and did not get a takedown in 2nd and 3rd period. He had a 7 to 0 lead and won 8 to 1, disappointing not to get a major. He never shot a takedown.

Fix has to get the major there. Up 6-0 after the first and only wins the last two periods 2-1.

Reactions: osu2082
Carter wins by major. First period was solid but let his opponent back in in the 2nd. Needs to be aggressive the entire match.

Fix wins by decision and did not get a takedown in 2nd and 3rd period. He had a 7 to 0 lead and won 8 to 1, disappointing not to get a major. He never shot a takedown.
Young won by major but he started out in the first period with a 12 to 1 lead and then decided to take a nap and gave up 3 takedowns but did get an escape for the major.

Reactions: bwel9339
Young won by major but he started out in the first period with a 12 to 1 lead and then decided to take a nap and gave up 3 takedowns but did get an escape for the major.
Voinovich lost 5 to 4. He gave up the last takedown and got rode for a minute and a half in the 2nd period.

Just a bad match by G. Lose to a lower ranked wrestler in OT, while the match is tied. This really hurts because we know what we’re going to get at 165. Senior leadership on this team is lacking. Gonna be tough to win this dual now.

Reactions: Harleycowboy
Voinovich lost 5 to 4. He gave up the last takedown and got rode for a minute and a half in the 2nd period.
G lost in overtime with a no brain overtime giving up a takedown with no defense on his legs and then did a foolish spin around which failed and UNI wins. Makes me think why did we work to get these seniors wrestling again. You never know what Gfeller is going to do. We do what we do best, lose close important matches. We may lose this dual to UNI again.

Disappointing results in 4 of the 5 matches thus far. Hopefully better results after the break

Really only positive tonight is Carter’s win so far tonight. Looks like the team wasn’t ready to wrestle again.

Plott won 7 to 3 over the guy who cradled and pinned him last year. Solid win.
Stika gets teched, wrestled like he didn't think about bonus points in his match. He walked into a bunch of takedowns. Of course Keckheisen is awfully good. Ignore this post it was a major.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT