ADVERTISEMENT

TWD

I believe Enid's reference about the "we" and "too many blind spots" was actually about how she and Carl had snuck in and out of the place without being detected. I guess she figured if she could do it, so could others.

Perhaps it's time to set up some perimeters within the fence itself, ring it with razor wire or place some claymores (land mines) or something that just makes a hell of a lot of noise penetrating.

Makes sense. Might not have access to claymores/razor wire. They could build more lookout towers, but I guess the question is do they have enough people to man them now?

My wife is in total denial. Have to admit that I'm kinda numb right now.

They didn't include Glen in the 'In Memoriam' during the Talking Dead.

Reactions: Been Jammin
producers issued a statement that we will see Glenn in some form again and his story will be resolved. I think he is dead. Honestly, I'd be angry with the show runner and Kirkman if it was all shenanigans and he survives that some how.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Watched The Talking Dead. Really strange that they didn't include Glen in the In Memorium segment and did not have him as a guest on the show. In addition, they noted that he would return in some capacity. They specifically pointed to possibility of flashback scenes or returning as a walker. The way I see it, the writers/creators of the show are messing with the fans. Either Glen is not dead and we will see him again as a key character in the show. Or, we will see him again as a walker before they finish him off and we see him In Memorium, etc. The other big question from last night's episode is how Rick gets out of the jam he is in and whether or not he ends up chopping his hand off.

So did Rick get bit on the hand or did he cut it on the machete?

I thought cut, the wife thought bit .. Did not go back to look again.

You are right and your wife is wrong. Verified in some articles discussing the episode. One of the walkers had a machete sticking out of him and there is a screen shot that shows you are correct.

I thought cut, the wife thought bit .. Did not go back to look again.

I went into muscle reflex and deleted the episode off the DVR after it was over like a dummy so I couldn't go back and look again to see what happened for sure. I am with you though.

Well just saw Jammin's post and whew after what happened last night if it was the other I was going to be upset.

mseabolt,

My wife and I had the same reaction as you guys...we were both unsure, but leaned the way you two did.

I've seen theories that he pulled the other guy on top of him and that's what was being ripped apart. Since it was fresh blood and not walker blood all over him, I don't see how that could work

Is it possible that he may have an issue from being cut with a machete having Walker blood and guts all over it. If it follows the comic book rules, it could infect him. In the comic books, Negan covered his weapons in zombie goo to insure anybody even injured by such a weapon died from infection. Also, in the comic books, Rick has been without his hand for quite some time. The Governor chopped it off. I think it would be much harder and increase filming budgets for them to go that way in the TV show. Maybe that's just a shoutout/Easter egg type thing for the comics readers to discuss.

Is it possible that he may have an issue from being cut with a machete having Walker blood and guts all over it. If it follows the comic book rules, it could infect him. In the comic books, Negan covered his weapons in zombie goo to insure anybody even injured by such a weapon died from infection. Also, in the comic books, Rick has been without his hand for quite some time. The Governor chopped it off. I think it would be much harder and increase filming budgets for them to go that way in the TV show. Maybe that's just a shoutout/Easter egg type thing for the comics readers to discuss.

I bet this is a lot like Tyrion in GOT. In the books he loses his nose basically and on the show he just has an ugly scar. With giving Rick a major cut to his hand but not having him actually lose the hand. Then they can play off him having the obstacles with out actually having to film him without his hand. I haven't read the comics but have wondered about what if they get zombie blood in their mouth or eyes, but never thought about it being on their weapons then someone getting cut with said weapon.

I know it is all fiction, but based on what we have seen in the show, zombie blood in the eyes/mouth is unlikely to cause someone to get sick and die. As much blood as the characters have had on their faces, there is no way that some of them have not swallowed zombie blood or got some in their eyes. My take is that the infection is transmitted via saliva. Apparently, in the comics, the evil dude had his henchmen rub their weapons in zombie guts, which would (theoretically) have a decent amount of swallowed zombie saliva within.

On the show, it may have nothing to do with any of this. It is possible that Rick could simply develop Gangrene from the laceration and be forced to amputate his hand in an upcoming episode. To me, this seems more realistic than him having to amputate the hand due to concern about infected zombie blood. But, Vito brings up a good point in that he could end up with some type of nerve/muscle damage that would allow him to keep his hand but have it not be functional. That would allow some continuity between comic and book without the expense of using CGI to make him look handless in every scene.

BTW. I don't know this for sure, but I expect the upcoming 90 minute episode is going to be all Morgan flashback. We will find out what happened to him between the time where Carl, Rick and Michone left him to when he found Rick's group again. Might have to wait 2 weeks to find out with cliffhangers from this past Sunday.

So I have thought back on the episode. Was Glen screaming as they ate the innards of either Glen or the other guy? If so I would think that would pin point who was being ate as I would think one wouldn't be able to scream in that situation. At least he would have blood coming out of his mouth. Oh hell I might just google Glen to find out his fate in the comic books.

Oh hell I might just google Glen to find out his fate in the comic books.

Well that made me feel warm inside. Once I finish Leviathan Wakes I might have to burn through these. They sound wicked.

I went back and watched the scene again. It appears he is screaming, but I think he would do that whether they were eating him or not . There is basically a fountain of blood spraying up right in front of him. I would think that if Nicholas was dead, his heart would not be pumping and there would not be enough pressure to cause that. However, watching the scene, it is very possible that Nicholas ended up on top of Glen and it was Nicholas' internal organs being munched upon. They were right next to the dumpster, which I think was on wheels (elevated), so I suppose it is realistic for Glen to crawl beneath it and for something to draw most of the walkers away from him. It would still seem very unrealistic for him to not get chewed upon somewhere along the way.

Well that made me feel warm inside. Once I finish Leviathan Wakes I might have to burn through these. They sound wicked.

There are three omnibus editions that would give you all the comic book issues up to the present storyline going on in the comic books.

I've been a single issue subscriber since the first year. It is a very good read. I would recommend it.

Reactions: JonnyVito
I recorded it and have re-watched the scene two or three time, I'm 99.9% certain that it was Glen being eaten. The other guy fell at an angle to Glen, enough to knock him off his perch, but his body was not following the same path in which Glen fell. Also, if it was the other guy, then where was his head/face as his body would have had to have been directly on top of Glen's, his head/face should have been visible, not just Glen's.

If they threw a "cheat" like they used to do with the old serials (cliffhangers) of the 30's and 40's, I'm going to go all Annie Wilkes on someone. (You may remember her from Misery, played by Kathie Bates who is explaining to James Caan's character why she ended up hating on serials, I'm sorry "Chapter Plays.")

The way all that was built up on Talking Dead and that fact that Stephen Yuen wasn't on the show leads me to believe that Glenn is alive....but barely.

Or maybe the show will end abruptly with everyone dying this season and the writers go and retire with millions in the bank lol. Hell, I would at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT