ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa Area Pool Builders

NeekReevers

Heisman Candidate
Dec 17, 2002
Looking at putting in a swimming pool and was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations in the Tulsa area?

Baker would my first recommendation and then Blue Haven. I’ve had experience with both and they both do a good job.

Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance. But the kids and wife love it. Good luck. Remember the more lights and frills you go with are more chances to replace expensive stuff.

Reactions: tcpoke and capanski
I absolutely love my pool. I take the water in every two weeks to be analyzed and simply do exactly what they tell me. I find maintenance and time to relatively low.

For the most part I do too, my bigger issue is that all of my pool equipment is uphill from the pool so I fight priming issues all the damn time. There wasn’t really any other option, but I’d be lying if I said there weren’t times I think about blowing the bastard up.

Reactions: Winston Havelock
I will say this though, for as much bitching as I do about it it is worth it. Not only do we use the pool as a family a ton, it also has allowed our house to become a source of congregation for my kids and their friends (11 and 7). Ultimately as the kids get older we want our house to be one where all of the kids want to come and hangout as much as possible.

I will say this though, for as much bitching as I do about it it is worth it. Not only do we use the pool as a family a ton, it also has allowed our house to become a source of congregation for my kids and their friends (11 and 7). Ultimately as the kids get older we want our house to be one where all of the kids want to come and hangout as much as possible.
Completely agree. Have had a pool at my house for last 16 years. Love it and you are correct - it is a great hangout for my kids and their friends.

We have a “play pool” which I recommend. It is deeper in the middle, but still only 6 feet deep at deepest. We have holes drilled in on each side and can easily, and do a lot, put up a volleyball net.

Also, check how much shade you will have. We have a lot of shade so a heater is a must to extend the season.

Had Baker out for an estimate and i didn’t think what we wanted was all that frilly and the quote was $90k. Great ceasers ghost I can’t afford that (plan to pay in cash No financing funny business ). Then I Had another smaller operation out and it was the same amount.

Had Baker out for an estimate and i didn’t think what we wanted was all that frilly and the quote was $90k. Great ceasers ghost I can’t afford that (plan to pay in cash No financing funny business ). Then I Had another smaller operation out and it was the same amount.

If that is what it costs the Reevers clan will be swimming in the creek instead.

Reactions: Winston Havelock
We built ours last year and finished late June. Kids used it and their friend are always here which we are good with.

2nd season with ours but it has been maintenance free for most part. I load chlorine tablets in the chlorinator once per week, clean out skimmers every couple days. I really don’t even test chemicals that often.

Goodness...what are you asking for and what size? Ours wasn’t near that much...

For reference I had a couple of builders here in Dallas talk to me about building a simple 25 by 14 rectangle without a hot tub. They were saying the starting price was 60 before you put a heater, lights or any other upgrades in.

For reference I had a couple of builders here in Dallas talk to me about building a simple 25 by 14 rectangle without a hot tub. They were saying the starting price was 60 before you put a heater, lights or any other upgrades in.
That was basically what we were looking for in tulsa but we wanted a heater and also needed to have some additional concrete work done extending the deck to our back door

That was basically what we were looking for in tulsa but we wanted a heater and also needed to have some additional concrete work done extending the deck to our back door

I’m in OKC. We have a 85 perimeter foot gunite pool (similar size/just a couple feet larger than @HD Poke) but we opted against a spa. It’s Fvcking hot in Oklahoma and just wanted a pool. We added some additional concrete and stained some existing pieces. I think we ended out just over $50k

we could have added a spa for $13k which would have included heater and upgraded equipment.

I forgot to add, we ended up with an additional $6k or so to repair sod and sprinkler system that we certainly didn’t think of up front. And my wife has gone fvcking crazy with landscaping for probably another $6k or so in the past year wanting it all done at once. She now wants to build a pool house...so, shit.

Check out H&Z Outdoor Living (they might only have a FB page). We've had 2 homes on our block put in new pools with them this season. I used them for a partial fence replacement.

I’m going negative here. But I grew up with a pool and the novelty definitely wears off. Didn’t use it near as much when I was a teen as I thought. Although full disclosure I was in the country. So it’s not like friends could just walk over. But I had a buddy put one in a few years ago and he has 3 kids that all seemed to use it less and less. Building a pool is a rip. Feel like the costs have went up like 400% in the last 10 years. But if you are buying a house you can usually get one with a pool already for basically free. That’s what sucks . Spend 60 grand for one and it doesn’t add much value to house.

What were you wanting? I assume demand is at an all time high right now so I’m sure they aren’t exactly cutting any deals

What were you wanting? I assume demand is at an all time high right now so I’m sure they aren’t exactly cutting any deals
The place in OKC we used to build ours is doing 3 more this year, first 2 used same pricing as ours, the last once starting now is about $2500 more.

Equipment costs are certainly higher due to Covid. Early this year demand in Oklahoma was down (bad economy scares people away from major purchases) but apparently has picked up to near full capacity for a few of the builders.

Reactions: SquinkY5786
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT