ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker Carlson was certainly interesting tonight.

I think the problem with people who are good at homework like @Been Jammin and @Syskatine (assuming Oklahoma City university has legitimate rigorous law Degree requirements) is that they assume that translates into being able to process the world. They don’t question themselves because they have a skill that makes them good at school. It makes it impossible to not recognize that being smug about being wrong is off putting to the rest of us.
That is one thing about liberals I've always coveted.

They know EVERYTHING.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Dan, what would you have the MSM do in this situation?

prove the accusations false by diving in and investigating. Having talking heads discuss the facts instead of lying about it being from Russia. Do you think this guy is a liar and working for russia?

The blockbuster story of the Biden family corruption seems legit.

Sure, Dan.

I’m sure the package went missing.

It did?

But the larger story of Biden malfeasance should be investigated. Instead the MSM is doing its best to bury it. I don’t know that I would necessarily call it a conspiracy. At least not in the context of secret meetings between the major networks and newspapers and tech companies. But no one can deny there is a concerted effort on the part of all of them to dilute the potential significance.

Because it is a fabrication.

None of us should want our party to “win” so badly we ignore wrong doing by agents on our team. It seems to me that is what you are doing on this thread.

You've got it backward. But, I'm not at all surprised.

Dan, what would you have the MSM do in this situation?
At the very least report on it as a significant story, a potential scandal of great import. Assign professional investigative reports to the story. In other words: do their job. Inform the public of what is going on. Much like they did for years with “Russia, Russia, Russia.”

Reactions: Syskatine
They mailed some shit and it was stolen.
You august attorney wannabes keep trying to make it complicated.

It isn't.

prove the accusations false by diving in and investigating. Having talking heads discuss the facts instead of lying about it being from Russia. Do you think this guy is a liar and working for russia?
The one outlet with access to the documents and texts has reported on it:

Sure, Dan.

It did?

Because it is a fabrication.

You've got it backward. But, I'm not at all surprised.
Wow. I thought there was a lot in what I wrote that you would agree with. Yet you disagreed with the whole thing. You may not be surprised, but I am.

Reactions: Been Jammin
At the very least report on it as a significant story, a potential scandal of great import. Assign professional investigative reports to the story. In other words: do their job. Inform the public of what is going on. Much like they did for years with “Russia, Russia, Russia.”

Wow. I thought there was a lot in what I wrote that you would agree with. Yet you disagreed with the whole thing. You may not be surprised, but I am.

You used to be relatively fair and balanced, but in recent months, you appear to be sucking up FoxNews stories and buying into them wholeheartedly (whether your source is FoxNews or other conservative sources, I do not know).

And you admit to not voting in elections, so you lose points there as well.

• Haha
I don’t have a subscription to the WSJ. Have they published multiple front pages investigative reports several days in a row?

Pilt, you know perfectly well the MSM is dodging this story with every trick at their behest. It would not harm your credibility to admit it.

You used to be relatively fair and balanced, but in recent months, you appear to be sucking up FoxNews stories and buying into them wholeheartedly (whether your source is FoxNews or other conservative sources, I do not know).

And you admit to not voting in elections, so you lose points there as well.
Yes, I have become a well known Fox News-loving, ultra right wing, hard core conservative in the last few weeks, abandoning 60 years of libertarian practice on behalf of DJT. Yeah, that’s the ticket!

• Haha
I don’t have a subscription to the WSJ. Have they published multiple front pages investigative reports several days in a row?

Pilt, you know perfectly well the MSM is dodging this story with every trick at their behest. It would not harm your credibility to admit it.
Dan, what can the MSM do if this Bobulinski character doesn't make the incriminating documents available to them?

Dan, what can the MSM do if this Bobulinski character doesn't make the incriminating documents available to them?
Exert pressure to make him do it. He says he has the goods. Tell him to put up or shut up. But what they should not do is pretend like the story isn’t out there and print only what the Biden camp tells them to print.

Exert pressure to make him do it. He says he has the goods. Tell him to put up or shut up. But what they should not do is pretend like the story isn’t out there and print only what the Biden camp tells them to print.
And if he doesn't put up?

An ex-business partner of Hunter Biden, in a news conference organized by the Trump campaign, alleged that former Vice President Joe Biden was part of discussions around his son'sefforts to form an investment venture with a Chinese oil company.

The Biden campaign denied Joe Biden had any involvement in the venture or stood to gain by it.

In a statement to reporters Thursday, Anthony Bobulinski said that in 2017 Hunter Biden consulted his father about a planned venture with Chinese oil company CEFC China Energy Co. to invest in the U.S. and elsewhere. Mr. Bobulinski was also a partner.

The venture—set up in 2017 after Mr. Biden left the vice presidency and before his presidential campaign—never received proposed funds from the Chinese company or completed any deals, according to people familiar with the matter. Corporate records reviewed by The Wall Street Journal show no role for Joe Biden.

"Joe Biden has never even considered being involved in business with his family, nor in any overseas business whatsoever. He has never held stock in any such business arrangements nor has any family member or any other person ever held stock for him," said Biden campaign spokesman Andrew Bates in a statement.

More on Election 2020

* Donald Trump, Joe Biden Clash Over Coronavirus in Final Presidential Debate

* The Final Presidential Debate: The Moments That Mattered

* Trump and Biden Cast Themselves as Outsider vs. Unifier

Mr. Bobulinski said that he was rankled byJoe Biden's public statements that he never discussed the international business activities of Hunter and other family members. He also cited nearly $5 million in payments that a Senate Republican report last month said CEFC made to Hunter Biden's law firm as another reason to come forward.

Mr. Bobulinski said he took part in a meeting with Hunter, Joe Biden and Joe Biden's brother James Biden in Los Angeles in 2017 when they discussed "the Biden family business plans with the Chinese, of which [Joe Biden] was plainly familiar at least at a high level."

A Biden campaign spokesman didn't immediately respond to a question about the alleged meeting with Mr. Bobulinski. James Biden and an attorney for Hunter Biden didn't respond to requests for comment.

Mr. Bobulinski, who was a guest of Mr. Trump's at Thursday's debate in Nashville, didn't take any questions after his statement or provide further details on any remarks made by the former vice president. He displayed three phones which he said contained information that he would hand over to the FBI. The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs committee and the Senate Finance committee have received material from Mr. Bobulinski and are holding an informal interview with him on Friday.

The venture with CEFC, known as SinoHawk Holdings, was half held by Mr. Bobulinski, who served as chief executive, and four other partners—Hunter and James Biden; Rob Walker, a former Clinton administration official; and James Gilliar, a British national—according to the corporate documents reviewed by the Journal.

Text messages and emails related to the venture that were provided to the Journal by Mr. Bobulinski, mainly from the spring and summer of 2017, don't show either Hunter Biden or James Biden discussing a role for Joe Biden in the venture.

Mr. Gilliar told the Journal: "I would like to clear up any speculation that former Vice President Biden was involved with the 2017 discussions about our potential business structure. I am unaware of any involvement at anytime of the former Vice President. The activity in question never delivered any project revenue."

In the correspondence provided by Mr. Bobulinski, an email he received from Mr. Gilliar in May 2017 proposed a possible equity arrangement for the five partners. The email references "10 held by H for the big guy?" Mr. Bobulinski said the "H" referred to Hunter Biden and the "big guy" was Joe Biden. Mr. Gilliar didn't respond to a request for comment, nor did the other partner in the venture, Mr. Walker.

SinoHawk was created to find investments in the U.S. and elsewhere for CEFC, relying in part on James and Hunter Biden, as well as their partners, to make introductions to politicians and influential figures, according to company strategy documents.

Mr. Bobulinski, 48, who said he served four years in the Navy, leaving with the rank of lieutenant, said through his business ventures he met Mr. Gilliar, who brought him into the proposed venture.

CEFC, whose founder and chairman had a background in military intelligence, was in the midst of a rapid, well-funded global expansion that often made investments that dovetailed with the priorities of China's president, Xi Jinping, and his global program to build infrastructure. Its founder, Ye Jianming, was put under investigation in China in 2018 and hasn't been seen in public since. CEFC has gone into receivership and been put under control of the Shanghai government.

Andrew Restuccia contributed to this article.

Write to Andrew Duehren at andrew.duehren@wsj.com and James T. Areddy at james.areddy@wsj.com

The one outlet with access to the documents and texts has reported on it:

that is a summary, not an investigation.

if you honestly think the powers at cnn and the networks treat Biden scandals and trump scandals with the same microscope then you should check yourself into an asylum. I understand you rooting them on, I understand you being glad they do this, but I refuse to think you are dumb enough to actually believe we are living in a country that is not 90% anti Trump media. Your buddies here are dumb enough and ill informed enough, but you are just playing Message board cat and mouse again.

An ex-business partner of Hunter Biden, in a news conference organized by the Trump campaign, alleged that former Vice President Joe Biden was part of discussions around his son'sefforts to form an investment venture with a Chinese oil company.

The Biden campaign denied Joe Biden had any involvement in the venture or stood to gain by it.

In a statement to reporters Thursday, Anthony Bobulinski said that in 2017 Hunter Biden consulted his father about a planned venture with Chinese oil company CEFC China Energy Co. to invest in the U.S. and elsewhere. Mr. Bobulinski was also a partner.

The venture—set up in 2017 after Mr. Biden left the vice presidency and before his presidential campaign—never received proposed funds from the Chinese company or completed any deals, according to people familiar with the matter. Corporate records reviewed by The Wall Street Journal show no role for Joe Biden.

"Joe Biden has never even considered being involved in business with his family, nor in any overseas business whatsoever. He has never held stock in any such business arrangements nor has any family member or any other person ever held stock for him," said Biden campaign spokesman Andrew Bates in a statement.

More on Election 2020

* Donald Trump, Joe Biden Clash Over Coronavirus in Final Presidential Debate

* The Final Presidential Debate: The Moments That Mattered

* Trump and Biden Cast Themselves as Outsider vs. Unifier

Mr. Bobulinski said that he was rankled byJoe Biden's public statements that he never discussed the international business activities of Hunter and other family members. He also cited nearly $5 million in payments that a Senate Republican report last month said CEFC made to Hunter Biden's law firm as another reason to come forward.

Mr. Bobulinski said he took part in a meeting with Hunter, Joe Biden and Joe Biden's brother James Biden in Los Angeles in 2017 when they discussed "the Biden family business plans with the Chinese, of which [Joe Biden] was plainly familiar at least at a high level."

A Biden campaign spokesman didn't immediately respond to a question about the alleged meeting with Mr. Bobulinski. James Biden and an attorney for Hunter Biden didn't respond to requests for comment.

Mr. Bobulinski, who was a guest of Mr. Trump's at Thursday's debate in Nashville, didn't take any questions after his statement or provide further details on any remarks made by the former vice president. He displayed three phones which he said contained information that he would hand over to the FBI. The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs committee and the Senate Finance committee have received material from Mr. Bobulinski and are holding an informal interview with him on Friday.

The venture with CEFC, known as SinoHawk Holdings, was half held by Mr. Bobulinski, who served as chief executive, and four other partners—Hunter and James Biden; Rob Walker, a former Clinton administration official; and James Gilliar, a British national—according to the corporate documents reviewed by the Journal.

Text messages and emails related to the venture that were provided to the Journal by Mr. Bobulinski, mainly from the spring and summer of 2017, don't show either Hunter Biden or James Biden discussing a role for Joe Biden in the venture.

Mr. Gilliar told the Journal: "I would like to clear up any speculation that former Vice President Biden was involved with the 2017 discussions about our potential business structure. I am unaware of any involvement at anytime of the former Vice President. The activity in question never delivered any project revenue."

In the correspondence provided by Mr. Bobulinski, an email he received from Mr. Gilliar in May 2017 proposed a possible equity arrangement for the five partners. The email references "10 held by H for the big guy?" Mr. Bobulinski said the "H" referred to Hunter Biden and the "big guy" was Joe Biden. Mr. Gilliar didn't respond to a request for comment, nor did the other partner in the venture, Mr. Walker.

SinoHawk was created to find investments in the U.S. and elsewhere for CEFC, relying in part on James and Hunter Biden, as well as their partners, to make introductions to politicians and influential figures, according to company strategy documents.

Mr. Bobulinski, 48, who said he served four years in the Navy, leaving with the rank of lieutenant, said through his business ventures he met Mr. Gilliar, who brought him into the proposed venture.

CEFC, whose founder and chairman had a background in military intelligence, was in the midst of a rapid, well-funded global expansion that often made investments that dovetailed with the priorities of China's president, Xi Jinping, and his global program to build infrastructure. Its founder, Ye Jianming, was put under investigation in China in 2018 and hasn't been seen in public since. CEFC has gone into receivership and been put under control of the Shanghai government.

Andrew Restuccia contributed to this article.

Write to Andrew Duehren at andrew.duehren@wsj.com and James T. Areddy at james.areddy@wsj.com
Thanks for the links. I’ll read them when I get a chance. Surely you admit for the most part the MSM is doing their best to carry Biden’s water over this story. Surely you will admit that much. You are the last leftist on this board in whom I have hope for objectivity. Please, please don’t disappoint me!

Thanks for the links. I’ll read them when I get a chance. Surely you admit for the most part the MSM is doing their best to carry Biden’s water over this story.

It is a fabricated smear campaign with no concrete evidence behind it. They can see through it, and are not playing that game. Simple as that.

Reactions: 07pilt
And if he doesn't put up?
Sorry, Pilt, I missed this question earlier. If he refuses to disclose the information he says he has then they can take him over the coals. But not until they have done everything they can to pressure him into proving his accusations, while in the meantime independently investigating on their own. If these charges are true the American people should know, If they are false then his name should be dragged through the mud.

I think the problem with people who are good at homework like @Been Jammin and @Syskatine (assuming Oklahoma City university has legitimate rigorous law Degree requirements) is that they assume that translates into being able to process the world. They don’t question themselves because they have a skill that makes them good at school. It makes it impossible to not recognize that being smug about being wrong is off putting to the rest of us.

Well, you may have a point.

Kind of like Dan Tosh said: lots of kids just don't test well. But the main reason people don't test well is because they're not real smart.

It is a fabricated smear campaign with no concrete evidence behind it. They can see through it, and are not playing that game. Simple as that.

so giuliani is fabricating a smear campaign on behalf of the president

durham is tge tooth fairy

and bill barr is the easter bunny

you best stick to assessing hair ball removal

politics ain’t your thing

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy

if you honestly think the powers at cnn and the networks treat Biden scandals and trump scandals with the same microscope then you should check yourself into an asylum. I understand you rooting them on, I understand you being glad they do this, but I refuse to think you are dumb enough to actually believe we are living in a country that is not 90% anti Trump media. Your buddies here are dumb enough and ill informed enough, but you are just playing Message board cat and mouse again.

Trump is the most corrupt president in history. Every day it's something inexcusable and crooked. You trying to compare that to Biden's son looking at business deals is just goofy.

Reactions: 0rangeSlice

LOL BACK TO SUPER DUBER

What leads do you think they should follow up on?

Sorry, Pilt, I missed this question earlier. If he refuses to disclose the information he says he has then they can take him over the coals. But not until they have done everything they can to pressure him into proving his accusations, while in the meantime independently investigating on their own. If these charges are true the American people should know, If they are false then his name should be dragged through the mud.
No Dan, you don't print the lie and then say oh he couldn't back it up, you don't print anything until it is substantiated.

You can call that hypocritical but America is in the hypocrisy business

Bagpipes are on the ballot this year!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT