ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker Carlson Presses Question Of Cameras In Classrooms

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

Sounds like a great idea to me. With public education being the most expensive item in most state budgets it only makes sense tax payers can see for themselves what is going on in the classroom. Not only to oversee what i being taught but how the information is being received and how kids in the classrooms are acting. I can see how this would be beneficial on multiple levels for good teachers, how it could help train teachers that are struggling and how it could protect teachers against false allegations. I can also see the benefit for tax payers being able to view how their children are being taught. Sitting back thinking about it I can not see any reason against having each and every classroom equipped with cameras to record what exactly is going on in our classrooms.

Sounds like a great idea to me. With public education being the most expensive item in most state budgets it only makes sense tax payers can see for themselves what is going on in the classroom. Not only to oversee what i being taught but how the information is being received and how kids in the classrooms are acting. I can see how this would be beneficial on multiple levels for good teachers, how it could help train teachers that are struggling and how it could protect teachers against false allegations. I can also see the benefit for tax payers being able to view how their children are being taught. Sitting back thinking about it I can not see any reason against having each and every classroom equipped with cameras to record what exactly is going on in our classrooms.
The most cogent point made by Matt Walsh is there should be no public schools at all.

The most cogent point made by Matt Walsh is there should be no public schools at all.
As much as I actually agree with this position, this is the type of answer that has less than zero chance of ever occurring so isn't even worth the bits and bytes to posit about.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Dude, some teachers would hate this because it would expose them as horrible teachers. There are some I work with who give the students an assignment and tell them to work the rest of the period. There are some that put on a movie once a week. There are a lot of teachers who mail it in on a consistent basis. It’s horrible.

After this past year with Covid, my classes are recorded anyways. Then I put the video lesson (my lecture) on Canvas so that those who missed class can get the lecture and the instructions for the assignment, so I don’t give a hoot if they started telling us to record what happens. It’d make a lot of teachers a lot better.

By the way, with cell phones, the worst things going on in a classroom are recorded anyways because if there is a teacher-student or student-student confrontation, those phones come out quick to record it and within minutes they pop up on social media.

Last edited:
Dude, some teachers would hate this because it would expose them as horrible teachers. There are some I work with who give the students an assignment and tell them to work the rest of the period. There are some that put on a movie once a week. There are a lot of teachers who mail it in on a consistent basis. It’s horrible.

After this past year with Covid, my classes are recorded anyways. Then I put the video lesson (my lecture) on Canvas so that those who missed class can get the lecture and the instructions for the assignment, so I don’t give a hoot if they started telling us to record what happens. It’d make a lot of teachers a lot better.

By the way, with cell phones, the worst things going on in a classroom are recorded anyways because if there is a teacher-student or student-student confrontation, those phones come out quick to record it and within minutes they pop up on social media.

Only problem with the cell phone analogy is the exact same challenge the police have with those videos. They never show the initiation of the event. Only the aftermath and they are almost always one-sided. If I was a teacher, I'd want the room recorded simply for my own protection.

As much as I actually agree with this position, this is the type of answer that has less than zero chance of ever occurring so isn't even worth the bits and bytes to posit about.
I agree with you that it has no chance of becoming reality, at least not in my lifetime, but I disagree that it is not a subject worth publicizing at every opportunity. Here’s an article/opinion that I wish would garner more attention.

I am against cameras in the classroom. It would lead to parents just watching video all day to gripe. It would also result in an exodus and worse talent pool for the position. The lefts attack on law enforcement is a great example. The overall talent pool for cops will be less suitable for their jobs due to not wanting to put up with leftist insanity. It ends up hurting the quality of your the employee you will get in those roles.

Last edited:
Reactions: osu_orangestreak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT