ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's picks for Supreme Court.....

OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma
Whoever it is needs to have the judicial mind, and is going to have to really want the position. Barrett has 7 kids, you wonder if she will want to put her family thru this. I would love to see her get nominated and if Kamala would go after her like she did Kavanaugh. I would love to see Kamala ask her, "Do you have 7 kids because your catholic faith does not allow you to use birth control or abortion?" It would be the ultimate biotch move on Kamala's part, fear mongering. As a Notre Dame grad and a catholic, Barrett will freak out the Dims the most and that is putting it kindly. Dim cities will burn.

All things being equal on a judicial basis, Lagoa looks like a really good pick because it would help Trump with Florida, as well as having Cuban roots and latino heritage. How hard would Kamala go after another women with such a background? That could really alienate suburban women voters.

My prediction on the abortion issue if Trump gets this nomination, I do believe Roe v Wade will not be over turned, like it or not I believe they will respect judicial precedent, I think conservatives are setting themselves up for disappointment, no matter how badly we may want it over turned. Dims will continue to make it a lightning rod issue. I do believe, that perhaps the Supreme Court with a 6-3 conservative slant, would not allow late term abortions and maybe that is why the Dims will still freak out.

SO many angles on this whole thing, so many.

I do know this, screw the Dims and their threats, been putting up with this for almost 4 years. Prime example of why we are going to ignore petulant temper tantrums and move on.

Last edited:
Barrett is shady and would absolutely not reliably vote conservative. Roberts in female form.

Lagoa all the way!

I am team Lagoa as well. She has shown she can make an unpopular decision that is line with the the laws. For Trump, it would be a win/win situation (female, minority, Florida, not controversial). For the dems it is a lose/lose (attacking a female hispanic candidate). It will be interesting.

Though not a female (doesn’t have to be a female choice), Thapar seems an interesting option as well.

I think the nominee will be confirmed and sworn in before the election. Demwits have made no secret of their desire to do everything to clusterf**k the election including going to the Supremes. Pubes don't want to rely on John Roberts because they can't.

Reactions: iasooner1
I think the nominee will be confirmed and sworn in before the election. Demwits have made no secret of their desire to do everything to clusterf**k the election including going to the Supremes. Pubes don't want to rely on John Roberts because they can't.
Whenever I hear the court has been 5-4 conservative I laugh. Roberta is not a conservative,

120058515_2853153114971430_2375265140948107501_n.jpg

So with at least Murkowski, Collins (very close reelection race), and Mittens as hostile actors, where would that put a confirmation vote if none of the three want to move forward with it until after the election?

So thanks to both Bushes for basically appointing a liberal and a compromised non-conservative (at the very least) to the bench.

So with at least Murkowski, Collins (very close reelection race), and Mittens as hostile actors, where would that put a confirmation vote if none of the three want to move forward with it until after the election?

If all 3 vote no, that is a 50/50 split and VP Pence casts the tie breaking vote.

If all 3 vote no, that is a 50/50 split and VP Pence casts the tie breaking vote.
Or if the 3 don’t vote at all (possible) that could change things still because it would not be a no vote.

Being the scamp he is, I wish he'd let it leak out that he's adding Leo Terrell to the list of choices.

The leftards would bleed from their eyes, Ebola style.

Fun times.

Reactions: iasooner1
If I heard correctly today, those 3 could vote "present" and the pubes still could get the judge confirmed with a simple majority of those voting...like 49 Senators.

A present vote is counted towards the quorum only, and you still need a majority of the quorum to pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT