ADVERTISEMENT

True Detective Season One

Never saw season two, nor do I plan to. I’ve heard positive things about season three, but haven’t seen it.

I kind of want to go back and rewatch Season 2. My expectations were so high after Season 1 it never had a chance. My guess is it will still suck, but not as much.

Season 3 was good, not at the level of Season 1, but worth watching.

Reactions: BiloxiPoke
I just wish they would make available the "expanded" version of Season 1. It is my understanding that they cut at least 20+ minutes from Shea Wigham's performance and he was not the only one (all in the interest of time.) Issue a "Director's Cut" that's a few hours longer and contains those performances, it would be worth it.

Season 2 wasn’t as bad as everyone said but season 1 was amazing. Season 3 very good.
The cast in season two looked great, so it was disappointing to hear all of the negative reviews.

It's the best season of television ever made in my opinion. Then there was season two......

Disagree.

I don't remember how many episodes there were, but it was fantastic, and amazing, until the last 2 episodes. The ending was abysmal.

Reactions: Inky29
Damn, I just finished season 1 last night. McConaughey's performance was incredible. Its insane how great actors, writers and directors can turn something like a simple interview into some of the best stuff you've seen on TV.

Thanks for the heads up on season 2. I wont bother pissing myself off.

Damn, I just finished season 1 last night. McConaughey's performance was incredible. Its insane how great actors, writers and directors can turn something like a simple interview into some of the best stuff you've seen on TV.

Its bad (2)

I would also highly recommend Fargo season 1. I’m planning on starting season 2 soon and am looking forward to it. It’s on Hulu.

Ok adding Fargo to the list to watch. Friend just suggested Vikings on History channel.. any good?

Fargo is good. Skip the most recent season (4). Unwatchable

Disagree.

I don't remember how many episodes there were, but it was fantastic, and amazing, until the last 2 episodes. The ending was abysmal.
Agree with this. The first 6 or so episodes were some of the best ever. The episode where they retell the rushing of the hideout place is seriously Top 5 episodes of all time, absolutely incredible. The ending, though, left a lot to be desired unfortunately. It was good but not great. Otherwise I’d say it could be up there w best seasons ever.

Agree with this. The first 6 or so episodes were some of the best ever. The episode where they retell the rushing of the hideout place is seriously Top 5 episodes of all time, absolutely incredible. The ending, though, left a lot to be desired unfortunately. It was good but not great. Otherwise I’d say it could be up there w best seasons ever.
Like, final episodes of GOT bad, or last season of Dexter bad? We still haven't had time to watch True Detective yet.

Reactions: OSUIvan
Like, final episodes of GOT bad, or last season of Dexter bad? We still haven't had time to watch True Detective yet.
Not GOT. That’s the worst of all time. This went from A+ to B-/C+, something like that. GOT went from A++ to F-. I stopped watching Dexter after the Trinity Killer season bc it was so good. Didn’t want to ruin it and honestly didn’t care anymore.

Not GOT. That’s the worst of all time. This went from A+ to B-/C+, something like that. GOT went from A++ to F-. I stopped watching Dexter after the Trinity Killer season bc it was so good. Didn’t want to ruin it and honestly didn’t care anymore.

I second this assessment. Season 2 TD is D- to F+.

Reactions: SSS!!!
Fargo seasons 1-2 are in the highest tier of television seasons. 3-4 are decent. If you liked seasons 1-2 you’ll like them most likely, just not as good.

If you haven’t seen The Morning Show on Apple TV (we got it for free), I highly recommend it. Great acting. Good story line.

ADVERTISEMENT