ADVERTISEMENT

Trudeau Declares National Emergency Allowing Government To Override Civil Rights

A few words from our friends at the Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA)

Mandates are ending soon. I get it, folks are angry. Who isn't? You sure this really is an anti-mandate protest.....or more about anti-authority, anti-government, anti-Trudeau?
The more I think about this comment and the question it asks the more shocked I am at the absurdly tone deaf attitude of deference to authority it betrays. Of course a demonstration of protest against mask mandates is necessarily anti-authority, anti-government, anti-Trudeau! It’s the authority, government and Trudeau that are issuing and enforcing the mandates. Duh! Besides, it is the very nature of protest and demonstration to be anti-authority, anti-government. When is the last time you saw a protest and demonstration on behalf of authoritarian government orders to its people? The subtle suggestion that a protest against authority and government is somehow morally unacceptable is so pathologically absurd as to be dangerous.

The more I think about this comment and the question it asks the more shocked I am at the absurdly tone deaf attitude of deference to authority it betrays. Of course a demonstration of protest against mask mandates is necessarily anti-authority, anti-government, anti-Trudeau! It’s the authority, government and Trudeau that are issuing and enforcing the mandates. Duh! Besides, it is the very nature of protest and demonstration to be anti-authority, anti-government. When is the last time you saw a protest and demonstration on behalf of authoritarian government orders to its people? The subtle suggestion that a protest against authority and government is somehow morally unacceptable is so pathologically absurd as to be dangerous.
I would fully admit that each side has issues they will protest about. In doing so there is an element of anti-authority. I can see where people would look at Trump and say he is authoritarian. You can say that about any leader though. The question is when do they go to far. Good leaders listen and moderate when they go overboard and don't worry about looking weak. Also worry less about what they are saying and more about what they actually do.

I would fully admit that each side has issues they will protest about. In doing so there is an element of anti-authority. I can see where people would look at Trump and say he is authoritarian. You can say that about any leader though. The question is when do they go to far. Good leaders listen and moderate when they go overboard and don't worry about looking weak. Also worry less about what they are saying and more about what they actually do.

I pretty much ignore what politicians say, I watch their actions. Lindsey Graham is a good example; he says he is going to do a lot of things but never follows those words up with actions. John Cornyn is another one. I hate that he keeps winning the Republican Primary and I have to vote for him in the general election.

This is such a reversal of roles that it is almost comical. So far, just injuries, but when someone dies, all comedy will be gone. When all is said and done, the “that’s different” crowds are going to be unbearable.

like ashli babbitt getting blasted by a blm capital cop?

Two things, the Canadian protesting is not equivalent to the Jan 6th protest (it can be called many things, but not an insurrection). The other, I just cannot find myself sympathizing with Babbitt. Not saying she deserved to get shot, but I am not going to get that upset about someone winning a stupid prize for playing a stupid game.

I am intrigued by the Canadian protests. There is clear government overreach and very quickly invoking that excess power.

Two things, the Canadian protesting is not equivalent to the Jan 6th protest (it can be called many things, but not an insurrection). The other, I just cannot find myself sympathizing with Babbitt. Not saying she deserved to get shot, but I am not going to get that upset about someone winning a stupid prize for playing a stupid game.

I am intrigued by the Canadian protests. There is clear government overreach and very quickly invoking that excess power.
Just wow- military woman UNNARMED
Veteran shot by a racist POS thug cop with NO warning. Word is she was helping keep some peace in that area-
What a scum bag you are

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

oh yea waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy different lol

you are an absolute simpleton

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT