ADVERTISEMENT

Torchy's Tacos - Tulsa

That spot is jinxed, hope they make it

Pucks was bad, food was not impressive, so I can see why it went out

I liked hop bunz

Can't remember what was there before pucks

Torchy's is the real deal....even by Austin standards it's right there near the top of anyone's lists.

Reactions: mseabolt
There are only two reasons it could fail in Tulsa: (1) people in Tulsa hate tacos or (2) people in Tulsa cannot be trained to make tacos.

Reactions: ctdub
That spot is jinxed, hope they make it

Pucks was bad, food was not impressive, so I can see why it went out

I liked hop bunz

Can't remember what was there before pucks

I didn't think Wolfgangs what bad. And from what I hear, the only reason it went out of business is because the Wolfgang group did not like their local investor and had no way to get out of business with him other than to shut it down.

It has seemed that location is hexed. Realistically, it is a VERY good location and Torchy's should flourish. I'd be a little worried if I owned Cafe Ole, however.

Coming to 2nd and Bryant in Edmond, too.

Maybe the problem with that Tulsa location is too many hills and trees?

Reactions: cactusjackosu
Torchy's is the real deal....even by Austin standards it's right there near the top of anyone's lists.
Meh, it's not near the top of my list. The queso is good, but I'd go many other places here in Austin before Torchy's given the choice.

Meh, it's not near the top of my list. The queso is good, but I'd go many other places here in Austin before Torchy's given the choice.

If their tacos were a dollar cheaper I'd likely think they were better. I love torchy's but I do think they are overpriced. Wish we'd get a taco deli.

Agreed though. I'd rather do one of the trucks like las trancas, Pueblo viejo or Veracruz. Taco joint is pretty legit too.

Reactions: Been Jammin
If their tacos were a dollar cheaper I'd likely think they were better. I love torchy's but I do think they are overpriced. Wish we'd get a taco deli.

Agreed though. I'd rather do one of the trucks like las trancas, Pueblo viejo or Veracruz. Taco joint is pretty legit too.

I just prefer my tacos more traditional. Just give me some al pastor and cilantro on homemade tortillas and you can beat Torchy's any day for me.

Last edited:
Glad to see something take over that spot. Was not impressed by Hop Bunz. It seemed way overpriced for such average food.

I like a little cilantro. Most places use a lot, and it sucks.

Newish place in Edmond called "Mattachine's". Tasty al pastor tacos for 1.50 each. Also fry chips up fresh.

Reactions: mseabolt
Had Torchy's tonight in Norman. 5 tacos, kid's quesadilla, kids taco, chips, queso, 3 cokes, one F5. Total price, $50. Excellent but expensive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT