ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 in Wrestling Attendance

AtownPoke

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2006
Altus
I got this from the Hawkeye board. I expect our numbers to go way up this year. Pretty impressive numbers from Iowa. Pretty lack luster numbers from Michigan, Ohio State and Mizzou imo.

Top 10 teams in men's college wrestling attendance in 2024-25​

• 1. Iowa - 14,847 fans per home contest
  • 2. Penn State - 7,337
  • 3. Iowa State - 6,691
  • 4. Oklahoma State - 5,871
  • 5. Oregon State - 5,240
  • 6. North Carolina State - 4,340
  • 7. Michigan - 4,196
  • 8. Ohio State - 4,072
  • 9. Rutgers - 3,990
  • 10. Missouri - 3,393

I bet attendance is much better this year
I wonder where we are with season ticket sales?
I asked the first of June when I re-upped and I was told interest is up and we should sell the most season tickets in many years but there weren't any numbers available. I know tickets will be selling up into the season and I hope we don't have to use the curtains anymore.

Attendance should be higher this year, but hard to say how much because last year was pretty impressive and the highest ever, right?

I'm more curious about what changes are made or if any with the ambience and warms ups etc.

Attendance should be higher this year, but hard to say how much because last year was pretty impressive and the highest ever, right?

I'm more curious about what changes are made or if any with the ambience and warms ups etc.
We had lots of great draws, so I’m surprised our number wasn’t higher.

I guess those lesser opponents didn’t draw us that well?

Without an Iowa or Penn St. on the schedule we are likely to see an overall drop.

I'd guess we have an initial bump for the first dual, but will need to (a) WIN an (b) do a much better job trying to drive people through the doors from a marketing and promotions standpoint

image-12.png

Without an Iowa or Penn St. on the schedule we are likely to see an overall drop.

I'd guess we have an initial bump for the first dual, but will need to (a) WIN an (b) do a much better job trying to drive people through the doors from a marketing and promotions standpoint

image-12.png
Which is crazy. One of the biggest let downs for me is that the overall OSU base has lost its love for wrestling.

We let dumbass OU fans get in our heads imo.

It’s time for the OSU family to embrace wrestling again. Hopefully DT can pull it off.

Which is crazy. One of the biggest let downs for me is that the overall OSU base has lost its love for wrestling.

It’s time for the OSU family to embrace wrestling again. Hopefully DT can pull it off.
I think it’s more the stagnation in results the past years, takes the wind out of ones sail. Winning has a way of igniting the base. 😉

I think he will!

It will take some marketing and push, but I think the man has that too. Just look at the business stuff he’s still doing where he was (which I don’t like.)

This state is aching for a reason to enjoy the sport. This sport in this state is aching for it as well. It’s a perfect storm with what’s about to happen to Football in this state.

I hope to take as many people to every dual that I can afford to take, and meet up with as many people that I can.

Fun times ahead, even if we miss the mark.

I think he will!

It will take some marketing and push, but I think the man has that too. Just look at the business stuff he’s still doing where he was (which I don’t like.)

This state is aching for a reason to enjoy the sport. This sport in this state is aching for it as well. It’s a perfect storm with what’s about to happen to Football in this state.

I hope to take as many people to every dual that I can afford to take, and meet up with as many people that I can.

Fun times ahead, even if we miss the mark.
I think you are right. I was at the Iowa duel, and even though we got pounded, it was a great atmosphere. I look forward to going to more this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT