ADVERTISEMENT

too soon...? If the NCAA makes this right...

tim73034

Commitment
Mar 23, 2010
Where does that leave us next year? They are saying that qualifiers could get another year, with the guys coming in, red shirts, olympic red shirts, and filling any holes that are left with a transfer or two, we could have a pretty tough team next season!

Reactions: KILLEVIDENT
Where does that leave us next year? They are saying that qualifiers could get another year, with the guys coming in, red shirts, olympic red shirts, and filling any holes that are left with a transfer or two, we could have a pretty tough team next season!
Where are they saying that? Link? Haven't seen anything indicating such.

Where are they saying that? Link? Haven't seen anything indicating such.

at this point they are still trying to figure things out.. This entire situation is very unusual and I think the NCAA could pull everyone to their side by allowing it..

Pull everyone to their side, except the seniors who actually graduate and want/need to begin their career. Everyone except the athletes who have built their redshirt or more likely their entire athletic career for their moment in the sun and in fact attended the college they did because of the opening that would happen when the senior graduated. I hate it that this group of college wrestlers had a pandemic, but how far down the line do we go? All Seniors get another year? What about all qualifiers. Maybe keep Spencer Lee eligible to become a 4X Champion. If this becomes the protocol for pandemic response and it indeed saves 10's if not 100's of thousands of lives, it seems likely this may happen again within the next 10-20 seasons. My old friend Onions, VE Martin used to say, "It all depends on whose bull is being gored!" I know there are many sides to this epic national emergency, so I don't expect everyone to feel as I do, but I think it would mess things up for a long long time if we gave everyone another season.

at this point they are still trying to figure things out.. This entire situation is very unusual and I think the NCAA could pull everyone to their side by allowing it..
But you indicating "they are saying that qualifiers could get another year" so who/where did you see/hear this? Who is this "they?" Only thing I've seen is Spring sports which does make sense given minimal competition to date.

But you indicating "they are saying that qualifiers could get another year" so who/where did you see/hear this? Who is this "they?" Only thing I've seen is Spring sports which does make sense given minimal competition to date.[/QUOTE
One of the Flo guys has reported it is being considered by NCAA. NCAA has stated they are considering options of the eligibility of winter sports athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT