ADVERTISEMENT

Todays Duals - Chattanooga & Oregon State

Surber teched a guy in the first break. A couple of Cowboys won and a couple lost from my memory.

Ferrari is gonna be fun to watch over the next 4 years.
Today 25 Mastro pulled out to nice victories and wrestled his best at the end. Niemen and Witcraft weren't so good. Kaid wrestled okay at 41. Boo was good at 49. Don't want to talk about our 57's today. Wittlake at 65 was disappointing only getting decisions. Plott wrestled good with 2 majors and is beginning to get better shots. Geer wrestled good with 2 wins. Ferrari looks very good. Hwt was okay.

I thought the freshmen looked much better with every minute that they wrestled. Oregon State is not bad at the lower weights and they were a good test. Brock controlled his match against a ranked opponent but he does need to look for more points. Witlake was disappointing, he just went through the motions. Geer still looks small to me at 84 and I was slightly disappointed in his last match.
Once the youngsters get more mat time and mature physically, they will be fun to watch. AJ is very slick and wrestles like a light weight but he also likes to punish his opponent.

Today 25 Mastro pulled out to nice victories and wrestled his best at the end. Niemen and Witcraft weren't so good. Kaid wrestled okay at 41. Boo was good at 49. Don't want to talk about our 57's today. Wittlake at 65 was disappointing only getting decisions. Plott wrestled good with 2 majors and is beginning to get better shots. Geer wrestled good with 2 wins. Ferrari looks very good. Hwt was okay.

The kid Kaid wrestled is a top 20 guy and I thought Kaid did pretty well considering it’s early and he has been on the shelf for a year.

Looks like there were a bunch of extra matches. Couple of odd weights too. These recaps cover it...

So our only losses today were at 133 & 157, and we lost at both weights in both duals?

What’s our answer at those weights this year?

Is Fix’s suspension just one year from his February 10 test last year? So he’ll be back for the Cowboy Challenge, Bedlam part 2 & the Big 12 tournament?

Anyone have any info on 157? I assume Sheets will get the nod?

So our only losses today were at 133 & 157, and we lost at both weights in both duals?

What’s our answer at those weights this year?

Is Fix’s suspension just one year from his February 10 test last year? So he’ll be back for the Cowboy Challenge, Bedlam part 2 & the Big 12 tournament?

Anyone have any info on 157? I assume Sheets will get the nod?

Fix will become eligible in about a month so yes to your question above. Sheets has a minor injury which is why he wasn’t out there. Should be back soon.

Reactions: Marizard
Looks like there were a bunch of extra matches. Couple of odd weights too. These recaps cover it...

141 Gurr Oregon St beat Gfeller was probably the most shocking result from the extra matches.Gurr was 6-5 last year

Came across this guy on YouTube. He's posted a bunch of duals from this season, including ours against Oregon St.

Isn't Surber too big for 184? I thought he was either 197 or HWT.
It's either go 184 or not wrestle until AJ goes HW. I know these kids have their dream schools but they don't seem to do a very good job looking ahead and seeing whose at what weight. Bunch of good kids sit their entire careers instead of wrestle somewhere else. Seems strange to me but whatever floats your boat. Doesn't ok state have a stud HW coming in next year?

It's either go 184 or not wrestle until AJ goes HW. I know these kids have their dream schools but they don't seem to do a very good job looking ahead and seeing whose at what weight. Bunch of good kids sit their entire careers instead of wrestle somewhere else. Seems strange to me but whatever floats your boat. Doesn't ok state have a stud HW coming in next year?

I think there is a better chance Surber ends up at HWY than AJ who I think is a career 197. Of course as you mention, if he can hold 184 for a few years he will get a chance to wrestle.

Hass is the top tier HWY recruit coming in next year.

I think there is a better chance Surber ends up at HWY than AJ who I think is a career 197. Of course as you mention, if he can hold 184 for a few years he will get a chance to wrestle.

Hass is the top tier HWY recruit coming in next year.
184 is out of the question hes tall and already has been 215.Look for him to transition to HWT with AJ being a 197

Tyler Caldwell spoke quite a bit about Haas in the interview I posted the other day. Said Haas has already moved to Stillwater and there's a possibility he wrestles this HS season. Also said Haas is about 215 and really hasn't gotten any bigger in over a year, so his college weight is uncertain.

Think about that, a year and a half ago Haas was 92 kg and Surber was 160. Now they are both 215. John said Surber's size comes from his grandfather, who's a big guy apparently.

Doucet is the wildcard at heavy IMO. Athletic and has put on some size. Very interested to see if Chris Perry helps him to be more aggressive and shoot more.

Think about that, a year and a half ago Haas was 92 kg and Surber was 160. Now they are both 215. John said Surber's size comes from his grandfather, who's a big guy

surber sounds like a derek white in the making

derek won state at 165 as a junior in HS next thing you know he can’t hold 97

exciting times for cowboy wrestling

Tyler Caldwell spoke quite a bit about Haas in the interview I posted the other day. Said Haas has already moved to Stillwater and there's a possibility he wrestles this HS season. Also said Haas is about 215 and really hasn't gotten any bigger in over a year, so his college weight is uncertain.

Think about that, a year and a half ago Haas was 92 kg and Surber was 160. Now they are both 215. John said Surber's size comes from his grandfather, who's a big guy apparently.

Doucet is the wildcard at heavy IMO. Athletic and has put on some size. Very interested to see if Chris Perry helps him to be more aggressive and shoot more.

If Hass takes a grey shirt in 2022 as some have discussed and then a RS in 2023 it would give him some nice separation from AJ at 197 and Doucet/Surber at HWY.

Reactions: DPJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT